1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Boogie Cousins to Houston!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Nov 23, 2020.

1. prodigy08

prodigy08 Clutchfans Lurker

Posting here again to up the thread before another idiot asks if we signed Boogie

don grahamleone likes this.
  2. Spooner

Spooner Member

It was reported by Cousin's agent that he would likely miss the beginning of the season. I'd have to imagine we bring him back slowly once he is active. Assuming we start Tucker and Wood, who is the backup center to start the 2020-2021 season? Could it really be Bruno? I can't imagine it would be Wooten. Rockets would do well to add another center to the roster even with a healthy Boogie.

3. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I remember that Boogie, I just don't know which Boogie we'll be getting and how long he'll be upright after he gets real game play with that 270-pound body landing on that ACL. But he's coming cheap, so no big deal. It's like the rumored John Wall trade for Westbrook. I remember what Wall was, sure, but dude hasn't played for 2 years, and I keep thinking his achilles could explode at any given move.

harold bingo likes this.
  5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This is the Cousins I think we'll be getting.

don grahamleone likes this.
  6. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

from the reports and recent workout video, he's definitely down from 270 now, perhaps 250. and in the finals series he had already come back from the achilles tear, which is a much more involved recovery compared to acl. and whatever he's able to give us by playoff time, it'll be a lot more than what we had this past playoff series with no bigs at all :D

regarding wall, i would take the chance only because he's a much better fit with harden on both ends of the floor. bullets/wizards need to send us picks though

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I know there are rumors of Westbrook for Wall but I feel that there will be no trade. Westbrook would be better off here as more of a driving to the basket, facilitator type of player. Preferably more facilitator. He can go back to being a more effective triple-double threat.

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

And that will be sufficient. If you get this Cousins and he can give you stuff like this for 15 minutes a night against backup / second units then that is fine.

9. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

D-Mo for 3-Mo

10. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Finally having two skilled bigs that can be on the floor together with James and Russ and can create their own shots and know how to play the game is going got be fantastic! We have been needing that for far too long for James and this team to be successful. I also think Silas will be a good coach to make it all work. Can’t wait to see it all come together in a few weeks (months for Boogie to be really ready).

11. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

I wonder if we can bring in enough big talent around harden and WB they'll be willing to give it a shot again this year.

RustyHarden, dreamshakin and DaDakota like this.
  12. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

The team looks perfect now. Tucker can move back to pf position

RustyHarden and dreamshakin like this.
  13. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

Stone deserves so much credit and then some. With the situation he came into, whether harden and wb force their ways out or not i think he's doing a fantastic job. And the less we hear coming out of dumbass ferntits mouth the better for everyone.

AroundTheWorld and D-rock like this.
  14. riko

riko Member

We need to bring him along slowly with the aim of bringing his minutes to 25 to 28 a night when the playoffs roll around. If we want to competent with the Lakers or the Blazers huge front courts we will need a productive cousins.

We need him to be an active distributor as well as a scorer. I think he can help the offense with his off the chart court vision. He can easily get you 5 to 6 assists a night if we run some off the ball cutting action for him.

D-rock, Shark44 and RustyHarden like this.
  15. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

I'd like to think if things go well he would be a 30-35 min option in playoffs. Can be a 20-25 min guy in reg season with load management. He's our only "big" after Wood & Tucker. Bc of thiccs age & Wood's youth/lack of girth we need him badly to show. Averaged 25/13 his last healthy season on Pelicans. 16/8 post achilles with GSW. Optimistically confident this is possible

coachbadlee and riko like this.
  16. riko

riko Member

I would be ecstatic with 18 and 9 with 5 assists .

D-rock, coachbadlee and RustyHarden like this.
  17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Very un-Swedish of you.

18. RustyHarden

RustyHarden Member

Would be major force in lineup to shoulder load. Wood looks sooo talented off the dribble and as a weak side shot blocker. Boogie can just hold it down with his weight in paint. Harden can stop trying to be Jesus. Westbrook can hustle his heart out(hopefully improve 3P%.). Gordon can just not suck. That's a lot less pressure for the 2 mvps from last season. Things should be balanced.

19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Who wouldn’t be ecstatic with all star production from a minimum signing?

ElPigto, riko, D-rock and 4 others like this.
  20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

lol

D-rock likes this.