1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

fattz and waytookrzy079 like this.
  2. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Just remember that in a trade that brings back more players than they ship out , they have to have open roster spots for each additional player ...

What's the roster situation right now ?

D-rock likes this.
  3. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

I like Rose. We will have 3 MVP, if he joins

4. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Eric Gordon and incentives for George Hill.

I really hope our front office explored this. I can’t think of a better move and a better way to moving on from Gordon’s contract.

I honestly think he’d be a better fit for this new team, on a way better contract, on a team that doesn’t need him and would prefer incentives.

5. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

Was just randomly scrolling through John Walls twitter likes like the stalker that I am and his latest like was of the podcast 6 team trade call by the athletic where they end up trading Wall to the Rockets for Russ and a 1st.

D-rock likes this.
  6. ilias

ilias Member

Westbrook for Otto Porter, Thaddeus Young and 2 protected firsts

Otto has a year left and the Bulls may wish to get something out of him before he leaves next summer. Young played poorly last year after getting a good new contract. He is also standing in the way of Lauri and Wendell.

Houston upgrades at SF and adds a good bench player that can cover both forward options (or even play the small ball 5).

Starters: Gordon, Harden, Porter, PJ, Wood
    Bench: Brown, Nwaba, House, Young, Cousins

We would need to add a better back-up PG to make this work.

7. jch1911

jch1911 Member

This trade only works today ($10M TPE for PG13 expires today)
    4 teams: HOU - OKC - MEM - MN

OKC: Culver (MN) into TPE + Dieng (MEM) + Gordon (HOU) + 2024 GS 2nd (HOU) + 2026 HOU 2nd
    Culver is 2019 lotto pick from Southwest Oklahoma area (Lubbock) who plays lockdown defense (Roberson replacement, but younger and cheaper); Dieng is front court depth (only 1 year left on contract) and Horford wants to play for a playoff team; Gordon is around until Presti can flip him to playoff team for a low 2021 1st (think Indiana or Orlando); OKC takes on EGo's contract for 2 2nds

MEM: Horford (OKC)
    Solidifies their front court and gives them a veteran presence

MN: House (HOU) + Clemons (HOU)
    Rosas knows House's value (3-D talent); TWolves need better 3 point shooting and House helps with that (as does Clemons); sucks giving up on 2019 lotto pick, but House is equal talent / value

HOU: Winslow (MEM) + McLaughlin (MN)
    Winslow starts at SF; replaces some of what was lost with Covington trade; McLaughlin makes solid backup PG / distributor; Htown gets further away from apron to use more of NT-MLE (Dedmon)

Brodie - McLaughlin - Jones

Beard - BMac - Brown

Wins-high - Nwaba - Tate

CWood - Tucker - Cabocolo / Vonleh

Boogie - Dedmon - Henson

Wave 1: Brodie (attack) - Brown (3-D) - Winslow (3-D) - CWood (PnR + shooter) - Boogie (PnR + shooter)

Wave 2: Beard (attack + 3) - BMac (3- no D) - Nwaba (3-D) - Tucker (3-D) - Dedmon (rim runner + shooter)

That's a TODAY only special

8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

@aelliott

:) your math was right once signings are completed but my trade is still theoretically legal right now (off by about a million but that's fixable) .

I wonder if Bruno not signing yet is because the team plans on dumping some salary in this deal and then waiving an incoming player making low money like Brazdeikes.

https://tradenba.com/trades/8U9l62HFY

Russ + Clemmons + Austin SNT for Frank + DSJ + Randle + FRP. I want Mitch but with Wood, he's less necessary. This trade clears $10 Million and allows the team to be more flexible with roster moves.

New rotation.

Harden/Frank
    Eric / DSJ / McLeMore
    House/ Nwaba / Brown
    Randle / PJ
    Wood / Bruno /

Theoretically with taking on Randle we could also dump Eric in this trade and they could send back another player. Maybe this deal does take Barrett or Mitchell to be completed. I honestly have no idea.

Harden /Frank
    Barrett / DSJ / McLemore
    House/Nwaba/Brown
    Randle/ PJ
    Wood/Bruno

This fits into their + 18 M remaining.

#848 treyk3, Nov 26, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
    AceOfSpades, fattz and ApacheWarrior like this.
  9. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

It doesn't work that way.

If you are under the cap then your exceptions count against the cap. You can't use up all your cap space and then use exceptions.

To get to $18m in cap space, the Knicks have to renounce their exceptions.

D-rock likes this.
  10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

They didn't sign anyone with exceptions...

They are waiting on Payton and Rivers. Both signed with cap space. It's already reported that Rivers is a SNT. Which means they don't have to use room.

Theoretically they could sign Payton with space and that would still leave $21.8 in room.

I don't see them passing into the luxury tax for that team but if you look at the numbers in my deal it leaves them under the tax. I don't know why you're arguing a trade machine with all salary included.

Also they would already be hard-capped and would use the NT MLE which doesn't go away when you're over the tax, as you see with the Wood SNT then using a portion of the MLE for Tate's contract. You quoted my original trade and told me it didn't work, I'm showing you that something weird is going on with their process leaving up more cap space that anticipated and you simply just say i'm wrong.

#850 treyk3, Nov 26, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  11. aelliott

The tweet that you posted mentioned using the mle for Payton. You can't do that.

If you are using cap space only then signing and trading for Rivers doesnt help.

The only way they can have more cap space is to renig on the agreement with one of the players that they agreed to sign.

D-rock likes this.
  12. aelliott

I think the Knicks dealing for WB is wishful thinking.

13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

It’s a random trade thread not a prediction thread you’re overthinking it. This is a thread for fun not nitpicking.

14. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

BimaThug was asked on his Twitter (8:27 am) this morning, who has been signed by Rockets officially?

Response, just C Wood......Stone learned from Morey about flexibility to the last minute. Options remain available

D-rock and treyk3 like this.
  15. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Romo is good luck! Hire his a$$!

Sorry... watching Texans game and typed in wrong spot

16. aelliott

Still needs to be realistic.

Regardless, unless the Knicks are going to renig on deals that they've already agreed to the they still only have $18m in cap space. That doesnt change.

D-rock and Deuce like this.
  17. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

I hope Stone doesn't keep all of Morey's habits.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  18. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

19. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yes, I don’t criticize Morey for the most part because I don’t know how much is on the coach or owner dictating....
    But definitely some questionable calls.

Lin poison pill.......I was ok with.

Eric Gordon/Ryan Anderson signings...........I did not like the amounts or lengths of the contracts.
    Others FA’s cheaper? Not Morey M.O. was it Les that ok’d no team option on final years and length of contracts.

Drafting Royce White / Jeremy Lamb..........I didn’t like

Brought us Harden trade......I was ok with

Brought us D-12........I was ok with, Dwight was considered one of the best C’s....then I found out he hated PnR.

Buying draft pick Vincent Edwards

Extension of Eric Gordon........I hated that. I hated the Harden/EG/point guard starting bs.

So some moves begets greater moves; but this constant pursuit of 3 stars hurt the Morey Legacy imo.

Stone doesn’t have money for a third star so he can concentrate on shooters and role players:
    1) Spacing for Harden/Westbrook/EG/Cousins/Mason Jones
    2) Big player(s) to set screens for Silas plays.

All within a spending budget / limit of course.

fattz likes this.
  20. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

If you start the league year Under the cap you do not have the MLE or BAE at all.

You have what is called the "Room Exception"
    CBA Breakdown