1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets interested in Glen Robinson III

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Nov 25, 2020.

1. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Lakers pursuiting Glenn Robinson III too, LBJ is reshuffling his team,trying to grab away top talents in the free-agent market.
    that sucks.

D-rock likes this.
  2. Jwise44

Jwise44 Member

I would think gr3 wants playing time because he complained last year when he got to philly and got less

so if he comes here he may be thinking we blow it up or we move house...OR he is positive he can outplay house and thinks Gordon will be a 6th man so he’ll start

3. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Don’t forget Sterling Brown who played rotation minutes with the Bucks the last 2 years. I assume one of Brown or Nwaba will be a good solid backup 2/3 and may surpass Bmac/Green in the rotation. We really need as many defensive minded/hustle players on the team who complement our 2 stars as well as Wood and Cousins potential limitations on defense. Offense won’t be an issue next year with Russ/Harden/EG/Wood/Cousins/even House to an extent. Glad Stone and the front office appear to be going after young 3 and D type players with some potential still left.

4. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Rockets Players don't like Eric Gordon.
    They want him gone.
    Players are complaining that Eric Gordon is lazy and out of shape. Plus he is unreliable injury wise.

Sterling Brown, Mason Jones are Eric Gordon replacement.

5. Le$$

Le$$ Member

If they somehow get Glenn i wouldn't be surprise if they dump Gordon to Knicks for Point Guard Help. Knicks have like 5 Point Guards that could be serviceable in Houston. Eric Gordon could possibly strive not being in the shadow of 2 superstars. He be a starter for the knicks.

6. topfive

topfive CF OG

Can we lock Russ in there with him?

I mean, seriously: Can you imagine a Russell Westbrook who hits 40% from 3? How could anyone guard that??

7. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

My instant reaction to this was, "who cares we don't use the bench anyway " then I remembered Dantoni is gone and we may actually use the bench. Heck maybe harenstein can prove he is just not a great g league player

8. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Lmao this board cracks me up. Brown and Jones are absolutely trash compared to EG. He had a down year. And was terrible in the playoffs. It happens he’s still the only guys outside the big 2 who is consistently a threat to drop 30 on you. If we trade him we would literally have nobody on the bench worth a damn. And please with the Brown, Jones and Nwaba talk. These dude can’t get their own buckets like EG can.

D-rock and jcmoon like this.
  9. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

You'd have to find a genie to throw in there with them lol Russ is just too old and too stubborn at this point.

topfive likes this.
  10. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

I want some of this guy's weed.

He's trying to tell me that Mason could give us more this year than EG because Mason is in the gym "already getting buckets." :rolleyes:

I'm among those who think EG should be traded, but this is a seriously bad take.

amaru, D-rock and withmustard like this.
  12. pass_to_Hakeem

BMac had one of the best / most consistent shots from 3 pt range on the team. HOU needs that shooting again this year, and I don’t see him being hidden on the bench. That would be dumb. I think MDA didn’t play him enough last year.

13. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Mason Jones most likely be on the Rio Grande Valley Vipers being developed and getting Starter Minutes. Score over 25 Points.

I hope he becomes a G League All Star.

#33 rockets1995, Nov 26, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
  14. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Glenn Robinson III was on the Rio Grande Valley Vipers.

Why does Daryl Morey release so much talent in Rio Grande Valley.

At least Rafael Stone is getting them back.
    He is the Transaction Master for years.

Christian Wood
    Hassan Whiteside
    Danuel House
    Robert Covington
    Glenn Robinson III

15. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Has Queen been signed to a 2 way contract?

if not, can Martin sign a 2 way contract or does his deal have to be rookie scale?

Deckard likes this.
  16. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Queen will likely end up signing an Exhibit 10 deal, which can be converted to a two-way deal later if necessary.

Martin might sign a two-way deal, but more likely he’ll sign for the rookie minimum, since that creates more breathing room under the hard cap. His tax/apron number is lower than other minimum signings.

17. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Thanks!

it’s crazy how tight the roster is now. I know everyone wants to see Gerald back but I think he is going to have to wait until mid season to have a chance at signing with the Rockets.

Below is how I have the current roster.

Westbrook/Gordon
    Harden/McLemore
    House/Nwaba/Brown
    PJ/Tate/Martin
    Wood/Cousins/Coboclo

Jones (2wp)

NG - Wooten
    NG - Clemons
    NG - Queen

Only two spots left if you discount Wooten, Clemons and Queen. One of the three will probably get the other 2 way though. Probably either Queen or Wooten, IMO.

That will leave two spots for outside players to fill. I think the Rockets really need another PF and PG.

Silas might want to give Clemons a chance bc he was able to make Seth Curry work, but I have my hopes on Tyler Johnson to fill the backup PG role.

They could be looking at GRIII to play the backup PF role which he could be perfect for.

D-rock likes this.
  18. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

A trade may be coming. Everything in the NBA still feels so unsettled. I’d move on from Clemons, He’s a liability defensively and the trade off on offense doesn’t balance it in the NBA

19. pass_to_Hakeem

EG had one solid game last year against Utah when he went for 50. He missed a lot more than he made PLUS THE DUDE IS ALWAYS INJURED!! Time to move on from this dude!!! There is life after EG or House!!!!

rockets1995 likes this.
  20. pass_to_Hakeem

He’s been trash the past couple years btw.... not just last year