1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BraBra, Nov 20, 2020.

1. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

I'm not advocating that this is the deal to do, just giving an example of the type of thing that could work. I threw this together quickly so somebody check my math.

How much cap space do the Knicks have remaining?

I believe that prior to the start of free agency they waived 6 players to get to around $40M in cap space. Based on Spotrac, it appears that they've signed 7 players for a total of around $23M. That would leave them with around $17m in cap space.

So lets say we do something like this:

Houston sends Westbrook to NYK.

NYK send out $24M in salary. Let's say Barrett, Ntilikina, Smith Jr, and Knox ($24.5M) + the Dallas 1st round picks that they own in 2021 and 2023.

Sacramento gets the first round picks and as many of the Knicks players as we can convince them to take. Let's say they take Barrett and Knox. That would be 12.7M in. It would also generate an $11.3M Exception for the Kings.

That would mean that Heild, Smith Jr and Ntilikina go to Houston. That would also generate a $5.4M exception for Houston and decreases our cap by that same $5.4M.

You can play with different variations. The more salary that the Kings take, the bigger the Rockets exception and cap space become.

It really depends on how badly NY wants WB and how much the Kings want to trade Heild in the next day or so. Would NY include the 2021 and 2023 Detroit 2nd round picks that they own? Could we route some of those picks to Houston rather than all going to Sacramento?
    If I'm wrong about the Knicks cap space they they'd need to include more salary..

Would that price tag be acceptable to the Knicks in return for WB? Would SacTown take 2 firsts and Knox and Barrett for Heild?

This is just an example but it should give you an idea of the type of thing that could be done.

don grahamleone likes this.
  2. Vivi

Vivi Member

That's the "regular" pick we got, it's a 2021 1st rounder lottery protected until 2027, at that point it turns into a 2nd round pick.

The other 1st we got was the 16th of the current draft, and we trade it to Detroit for this:

3. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

It was reported that the Rockets received the 2020 16th overall pick AND the Blazers 2021 frp. They then sent the #16 pick to Detroit for Wood and their heavily protected 2021 frp. Therefore the Rockets should have the Blazer 2021 frp And the Pistons heavily protected 2021 frp.

But now it looks like the Rockets never received the Blazers 2021 frp in the Covington trade like it was originally reported.

4. OmenXYZ

OmenXYZ Member

I was at that game in Minny. Couldn’t believe that s***

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

No, that' what i was saying, they still have one of the Blazers 1st rounders and the Pistons one, but since the Pistons one is never going to convey and will turn into a 2nd, it's like they just have one.

DM'sVP likes this.
  6. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Member

I believe the Pistons pick protections are supposed to change since otherwise the Pistons will not be able to trade a future first for a while.

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

I mean, the Pistons as today are probably the worst team in the league, they won't be any good for many years so, i don't know if/how that's supposed to matter, they'll likely have no reason to trade their 1st rounder for years cause they'll be lottery bound going forward.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I got him at .619 from basketball reference at 0-3 feet. Career high last year! Course it's over a very small set of shots

9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Does bbref happen to list the league average from zero to three feet? I'm curious.

(I got my numbers from stats muse)

10. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Deckard likes this.
  11. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

We need to keep Westbrook and Gordon as long as possible. Their value is terrible right now. Why should we sell low on a player with a lengthy, expensive contract? In a season or two, their deals will be almost expiring and teams will be way more willing to absorb their salary.

fattz and RudyTBag like this.
  12. Fantasma Negro

IU basketball's Eric Gordon opens his very own Bloomington pizzeria
    [​IMG]
    https://www.hoosiertimes.com/herald...cle_4026cc1a-26c7-11eb-a7e1-a74565850406.html

Me: Gordon always shows up to camp looking like he did coke, ate pizza and banged skanks all summer.

Fat Gordon: Yup

13. jim1961

jim1961 Member

You make good points, but I think the team is in that "act now" modality. They don't have the time to wait and see on Gordon. A season or two from now is too late. If we keep Russ and/or Gordon, it will be because it is deemed in this seasons best interest. Harden is their only focus. Finding a way to make him want to stay and a way that he can conceivably win now. I think every decision they make right now is aimed at meeting those goals.

If Harden was gone, different story.

pr0wler likes this.
  14. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Not easy when we consider:
    Harden 36.5 mins.....36.3 (USG% in 19/20)
    Westbro 35.9 mins....34.4 (USG% in 19/20)
    Cousins 25.7 mins....28.1 (USG% in 18/19)
    Wood 21.4 mins.......23.0 (USG% in 19/20)
    E Gordon 28.2 mins...22.5 (USG% in 19/20)

Silas is not D’Antoni but he will want to win every game to prove he is worthy of being a head coach.
    Play stars big mins?

Cousins wants the ball to show he is back from injury......playing for next contract.

Wood, probably wants to prove he is worthy of a starter money contract.....not just spot up shooting.

We need Eric Gordon trade value to go up by having the ball in his hands. Maybe his goal of shooting 40% from
    3 gets it done.....maybe not

15. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

big randle fan yes please

16. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Someone needs to eject Gordon from the game.

17. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Attach Tucker. Keep the draft pick.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  18. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Going to need multiple picks attached to him. They’ve been trying to trade him for years.

19. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

EG is the reason that we are not contenders.

Morey is a dumbass and a half and I will always hate him for signing Anderson and extending a garbage player in EG. Morey is the "genius" that thought allocating $100 MM to 3 guard positions was a smart move. Effing idiot.. he is to blame for this roster. Period

The guy that makes the third most on the team scored his first bucket in the 4th last night

ak99999 and Sonicbun8 like this.
  20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I missed this gem.

IBTL likes this.