1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So, Eric Gordon is bad.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LorneMalvo, Nov 25, 2020.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I agree. Toe the three point line too.

Teams aren't defending him to the point where he needs to shoot 30 footers. Just toe the line and knock down wide open shots. You make a couple, okay Bro throw up a heat check.

2. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

Dude what NBA package do you have? I didn't see anyone "blow him"

Stephen_A likes this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

ok guy!

treyk3 likes this.
  4. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Yes he has been great! If it were up to me I'd trade Westbrook over this guy. He's a sharpshooter and in a world where they usually go for 20 mil, his contract is an honest steal. My issue is right now we need someone that is around 6'7-6'9 to play the sf/pf while going against the Lakers and possibly goldenstate/ clippers and even the nuggets. Especially when we still have ben mac for cheaper, tucker still on the bench and we just picked up sterling brown
    I appreciate everything he's done for us but teams needs change. I just don't know why Orlando isn't jumping all over this. Aaron gordon for House and Eric Gordon is exactly what they need as well.

5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

if you haha me one more time ...

Os Trigonum likes this.
  6. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Lolol correction blow by him. Lol

Dacamel and ronclone like this.
  7. jogo

jogo Member

No.

2019-2020 2 point FG% 52.2%, DFG% 44.8% (-7.4%)

And even if you were speaking the truth, 3pt DFG% is hugely important in today's game.

His offensive game may be suspect, but defensively he's really good and has been for a long time.

8. dmoneybangbang

Bad? No. Offensively disappointing too often? Sure.

9. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

You know I’m glad you said that, cause it reminds me of another argument this forum failed to beat me in.

I should find it.

Defense is as vast as offense as far as style and all the things you need to be good. Probably even more so.

You could give up plenty of field goal efficiency. If you never foul, force tons of turnovers, and/or rebound well as a team, it doesn’t matter.

The 18 Rockets were not a great DEFG% team. Very average. They weren’t good at forcing turnovers either. Elite at keeping teams off the line and rebounding.

Maximizes my overall point of overall team defense being way more important than individual.

Eric Gordon is a terrible, useless off-ball defender and he sucks at defending the pick and roll. Him being good at contesting a tiny amount of shots and staying in front of a guard on occasional broken plays only prevents him from being Trae Young bad, not makes him good.

10. hakeemthagreat

He's our most consistent & reliable playoff performer

11. hakeemthagreat

Also keep in mind EG and Westbrook cancel each other out. Remove Westbrook and putting EG in starting lineup will be gold. I think Silas incorporating actual movement helps EG get his rhythm quicker, instead of standing in the corner

12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Eric Gordon is a very good player who is also injury prone and overpaid. He may not be what this team needs given the talent at the guard positions with Harden and Russ, but he's valuable. I'm all for converting him into picks or a young talented player, but it's clear his market is poor and he will likely be on the roster at least until the trade deadline.

13. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Not true. Unprovable.

This wouldn’t even be fun to argue against.

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

15. StrawberryJamm

Hoping that if our coach tells him to take good shots instead of every shot, things will just work out.

16. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There is no way we get past OKC without EG's defense/drives to the hole. His shot has been AWOL of late, but that's the truth.
    We have consistently asked him to expand his ROLE over the last few years. This takes down his efficiency while increasing his risk of injury.

His contract, and our lack of flexibility without dealing Russ or James makes him a prime candidate to be moved for a 3.

HP3 likes this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

Acutely underrated.

18. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Off the bench he won 6th man and 3 pt champ. He was good.

As a 6'3" starting forward playing 40+ minutes, he was bad.

19. Garner

Garner Member

to not understand Gordon as a player is to expose your lack of knowledge about the game.

not every player is a Tier 1 player, but every championship team is composed of players like Gordon.

this is a dumb ****ing comment and you should resist showcasing your ignorance.

20. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Well done Buck. Well done. Btw, started blood and thunder yesterday.

Buck Turgidson likes this.