1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Berman Bomb] BRUNO THE GOAT HAS AN OFFER TO RETURN

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm pretty high on Bruno as a guy with upside if he ever properly develops. I was worried he'd be out the door

fattz and treyk3 like this.
  2. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

I got a fever and the only prescription is more Bruno!

3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I'm pleasantly surprised with how many of you are with me. The haters can keep hating on the GOAT. Bruno fan club is strong.

4. D-rock

D-rock Member

I hope this is officially confirmed soon.

don grahamleone and treyk3 like this.
  5. treyk3

treyk3 Member

In the video he mentions December 1.

Whether that's the start of the contract date or the day it's guaranteed on, I'm not sure.

D-rock likes this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

I'm sure hes not crazy about the contract so worried that another team might sweeten it while waiting until Dec. 1st.

fattz likes this.
  7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

So much for the Rockets not spending another dime to remain flexible. I guess this rules GG out.

D-rock likes this.
  8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not necessarily, always injuries and Clemons spot is not secure IMO.

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Very true. Apart from a few good games in Memphis, he’s done absolutely nothing all these years. I’m not interested in him. Since the team apparently is bringing him back, he should work his ass of every day and every night.

If he doesn’t, cut him. I would rather have Bolden.

10. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Due to the effect of time , whatever nba knowledge he has picked up + muscle he’s gained as he got older ... There’s no doubt in my mind that he can be a serviceable PnR finisher off the bench .

you probably don’t want him shooting , but harden giving him the ball 5 feet from the rim? I’ll take that , I mean he’s 7 feet he should be able to dunk it .

ideally all of our guys pan out , But that’s not super likely . Between wood , pj , cousins , and Bruno (plus any other forward we pick up ) we should have enough guys to beat teams inside and out with our bigs .

Jeff green woulda been huge , but he probably has a bigger opportunitiy in Brooklyn .

I wanna take one more flyer on a guy like batum , or see what you can get for house , to get another 6’8”+ guy with skills .

I think we also need a smaller , or quicker guy to guard smaller pg’s like Schroeder. But maybe one of the young prospects we’ve recently added pans out .

we probably have enough guys that need minutes now that we can wait to add more . But then you risk losing out of course .

there will be fierce competition for PT at the ends of the bench . Maybe we will actually practice hard this year and we can give james entire games off to compensate.

11. Streakshooter

Streakshooter Member

I'm sorry. How many years away are we again?

I can't bring myself to get excited about this.

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

That would be our last roster spot if executed. A lot of roster spots on players who’s production are huge question marks for the up coming season in - Clemons, Brown, Nwaba, Tate, Martin, Wooten

Then we have Cousins - who knows what he will do, and Mac who could regress to his career mean and become unplayable.

I really don’t like having over half the roster being big question marks if we’re trying to compete.

Jayzers_100 and fattz like this.
  13. roslolian

roslolian Member

Christian Wood hasnt really done anything since the end of the previous season. He had like 15 good games for the Pells and then half a season for Detroit.

On paper, Caboclo has all the tools to be a star he is athletic, long and has 3 pt range. The prob I guess is putting it all together and we wont know unless he gets mins and gets reps.

fattz and D-rock like this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

2-3 zone with Cousins (7'6 wingspan) at the nail with Wood (7'3 ws) and Bruno (7'7 ws) flanking him.

Both Wood and Bruno are also excellent at closing out.

BLOCK PARTY

UTSA2step and anchel like this.
  15. roslolian

roslolian Member

He gets mostly garbage time. 1.9 ft per game makes sense since he takes less than 1 fg a game.

I guess we'll see if he finally gets mins.

D-rock likes this.
  16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's Per36 Bud. That's 1.9 free throws per 11 shots... Absolutely, dreadfully soft. Legitimate sample size too.

He played 500-800 minutes of non-garbage time with Memphis.

Bruno is long, but long is useless If you are soft. :eek:

17. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Ok depth signing. Maybe this is the year he gets playing time, the potential becomes production.

18. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bruno hasn't had meaningful PT in 2-3 years, due to highly rated guys ahead of him and coaches that don't trust/develop young players. He's got a good shot from downtown and can D up along with crashing the boards. Silas will bring out the best on this kid. If not this year, next year.

19. D-rock

D-rock Member

And injuries.

Plowman likes this.
  20. anchel

anchel Member

He can be the defensive forward we need. Maybe not inmediately, but his physical profile deserves a REAL chance at his true position (not center).

D-rock likes this.