1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Shams Bomb] Rockets and Wizards discussed a Westbrook/Wall deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dr of Dunk, Nov 17, 2020.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Wall had a 41 game stretch shooting 37% from three before he got hurt again. It's pretty clear who has more potential as a shooter. Wall is much much better in that regard. Also, a healthy John Wall is a fantastically underrated defender.

Still probably wouldn't pull the trade though... (unless they pay us through the nose...)

#541 RudyTBag, Nov 24, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
    clutchdabear and HP3 like this.
  2. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Ctfu at anyone who thinks john wall can shoot. Wall was worse than wb at everything except maybe defense. His fat ass is probably worse at that too now after injury

D-rock likes this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

clutchdabear and HP3 like this.
  4. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

You are basing a lot on a 41 game stretch, I am sure Westbrook has had a stretch like that.

I don't think Wall is so much better, especially after his injuries and I don't see Wall ever being a complementary player.

I like Wall as a better playmaker but I don't see him being a better fit in Houston, IMO.

D-rock and RudyTBag like this.
  5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

6. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Even looking at their shooting form over the last year, I feel like Wall would be more capable of knocking down open shots.

RW has developed some sort of mental handicap ala Chuck Hayes. He used to shoot them adequately enough 3-4 years ago. It has rapidly declined though.

HP3 and jiggyfly like this.
  7. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

Can't tell if we got a little "B" festival happening or this is just open conversation.

Please refresh my old ass memory, did Russ request a trade because "he and James were concerned about team direction" or because he does not think he can play with James?

RudyTBag and D-rock like this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Wall is certainly a better 3 point shooter than Russ although he’s still not good from there...Russ is a better midrange shooter

Wall’s efficiency is still sh*t like Westbrook’s, but at least Wall is a much smarter player and doesn’t command the shot attempts or extreme usage that Russ does so I like him more based off that alone

Wall plays with a ton of speed, but is still under control unlike Westbrook who just runs around with no plan

I trust Wall more to orchestrate half court offense and make better decisions

Wall has also clearly been the better defender throughout his career...Idk how much his defense will be impacted post-injury tho

#548 Reeko, Nov 24, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

10. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

None of that has been explained but some jumped on the Harden ran out another star angle with no proof.

Some reports had Westbrook wanting to have his own team again, nothing about not wanting to play with Harden.

jdiggidy and D-rock like this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

12. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's putting up a Wall on the media questions about trades

Kim likes this.
  13. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Westbrook:. Pshh rookie.

Kim likes this.
  14. Fantasma Negro

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Another sucker wants to team up with Westbrook. SMH.

HardenVolumeOne likes this.
  16. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Praying for a really nice young player, or some really nice picks in this deal.

I really do wonder if Boogie signing here had something to do with John Wall.

#556 RudyTBag, Nov 25, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
  17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

I feel like we’ve already seen Wall play next to a Harden type of player in Beal. I know the Beard is different, but nobody was scared of that team. If Wall were healthy I’d do this, especially to get positive assets back, but you may be trading Westbrook for a guy that can’t make it through the season.

I understand Russ got hurt too, but there’s no question his injury risk is much lower here. This trade almost feels like a lateral move unless you’re getting something extra with it.

D-rock likes this.
  19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Wall has a lower career TS% then WB. Hasn’t played over half a season in 4 years.

mikol13 and D-rock like this.
  20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I am not a Wall fan. And yes, swapping WB and Wall is pretty much a lateral move. They have almost identical contracts. They both have glaring flaws.

But while Wall is injury prone, he is two years younger. Westbrook with his game almost fully dependent on athletic abilities, at age 32 he is waiting to decline sharply at some point in the near future. If WAS is willing to part with additional assets, I'd do it in a heart beat.

clutchdabear likes this.