1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it just me or is Stone building a team to beat the Lakers?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Nov 24, 2020.

1. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

I'm loving what stone has done with the team. Let the media keep sleeping in us smh.

Ramo$e and Rudyc281 like this.
  2. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

PS There’s only 72 games this next season so 40 wins is a winning record

Patience likes this.
  3. Le$$

Le$$ Member

I love these post, people just waiting to disagree for argument. Ya man we can match up with the Lakers with broke down de boogie cousins now on the team and skinny woods who did good in the east stat padding for a shitty team w/ pistons. We are going to win the championship this time around no doubt. :rolleyes:

malakas, ronclone and MettaWorldPete like this.
  4. psaman17

psaman17 Member

Why you gotta ruin it like that.

People dont remember that we only won 44 games last year and this coming year will also be a short season. So yes 40 wins is not as easy a mark to hit as you think.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  5. Boston84

Boston84 Member

As a Celtics fan.....let’s f’ing hope so

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

40 wins is the equivalent of being a 45 win team during a normal season...u are saying you’d be shocked if we played above the level of a 45 win team

sorry, but there’s nothing shocking about that unless Harden is traded or misses most of the season with injury...

D-rock likes this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

40 wins is the equivalent of a 45 win team

The Rockets being better than a 45 win team with James Harden is supposed to be shocking? Because that’s what that dude is saying.

8. MettaWorldPete

Yes, for context even during the disastrous final Howard season with Bickerstaff coaching, they were a 41-41 team. The Lakers would annihilate our current squad, but if they stay healthy and Harden doesn't intentionally play poorly to force a trade, which I don't see happening, they should have an ok regular season. I guess the one issue could be the increasing quality of other teams.

D-rock and Crybabyjames like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is still a small ball and guard heavy version, a monotonous version, a cheaper copy but with albatross contracts.

DeMarcus is a glass body. Lakers had him, GSW had him, Rockets often than not take the leftovers of other contenders.

Several role players are worse on paper and IRL.

As said before, Stone is doing damage control, Harden is pressuring him through his passive aggressive messaging to get allstars and not just Wood and Cousins.

This is going to be walking on very thin ice.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

I have the Rockets playing at a 48-50 win pace during the regular season and struggling to beat any team that isn’t the Lakers or Clippers in a playoff series...against the 2 LA teams, I see a definite L

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  11. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Stone- builds a team to beat the Lakers. Hailed as a hero and franchise saving GM.

Morey- built a team to beat the Warriors. The greatest team ever assembled. Called useless and a hindrance to the franchise and was seen as addition by subtraction.

Colour me confused.

12. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Hey man, should we sign Hakeem?

He will dominate as he did just a few years ago.

Der Rabbi, hakeem94 and Ramo$e like this.
  13. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Sign IT

14. junk151

junk151 Member

It’s an arms race.

15. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Just you bruh!

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  16. pippsux

pippsux Member

Most underrated comment of all time

17. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

As currently constructed, it would be a 6-7 game series.

Exiled likes this.
  18. Crybabyjames

Crybabyjames Member

Rockets will be lucky to beat the lakers once in playoffs. Wood and AD in the same conversation shows your intelligence. Boogie can’t play defense for **** .

19. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

The morning of Dec 22nd I'll revisit this. The current team we have right now is good but I want to make sure everyone is healthy and see what additions we make by that date. I think waiting to this date helps you too. We may be even better by then to the point where you wouldn't even entertain this bet.

20. rockets13champs

I think u need help with ur reading. I never said they’re in same conversation. I called him an Anthony Davis Lite. This really shows ur ability to read, and understand what’s going on