1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Poll] Post Trade Deadline Roster

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by T for 3, Nov 24, 2020.

?

Is Harden here post trade deadline?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I am genuinely curious to see where CF comes out on this.

I was having a discussion in another thread, and some good cases were made for why Harden might change his mind.

I can see the Rockets being very good this year if the Wood and Boogie moves really pan out. (If we get anything close to All-Star Boogie, that would be nuts). Also, what if Harden buys into Silas’ system?

It could also go the other way, given all the personalities on this team, and the demands that have already been made.

Full disclosure, I voted no. Some of you may already know I’m a pessimist, but I would be happy if everything went great.

BamBam and daywalker02 like this.
  2. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

He finishes his career in HOU - breaking all kinds of records while we keep putting players around him. just when everyone writes him off we win the whole thing.

I don’t see harden as a guy who ring chases. I’m sticking with that unless he proves otherwise.

BamBam, Deuce, airflights92 and 4 others like this.
  3. topfive

topfive CF OG

He'll be traded after this season at the soonest.

Dacamel, amaru, T for 3 and 3 others like this.
  4. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

After the Rockets win the championship, he'll request a lifetime contract extension with a no trade clause.

5. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

Voted no, but I think it's close. I've got it handicapped at like 60/40 he's not here.

Jayzers_100, T for 3 and D-rock like this.
  6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

If we can swap Westbrook for a player who can have above average impact AND keep Harden

*clutchfans falls in a faint*

D-rock and T for 3 like this.
  7. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

If they don't trade him by the trade deadline, they might as well keep him the following season.

Unless something unforseen occurs, like harden signing an extension, his value will be terrible with only one season of control and being 32.

D-rock, daywalker02 and T for 3 like this.
  8. Streakshooter

Streakshooter Member

I can't honestly give a response right now bud. If the roster comes together and pans out, he might withdraw the trade request. If we're a **** fire, he doubles down on his demand. I think Harden just wants to be on a legitimate contender. If we can do that, we can keep him.

SN: Christian Wood and Boogie are GREAT first steps.

D-rock and T for 3 like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think a bad record and a potential early injury to our only defensive locks Tucker or Nwaba would surely increase chances.

Chances of Harden coasting though and not a trade.

Depends.

I do not like these questions as this is too volatile.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah but 42 million for someone pouting is irresponsible.

Asik's pouting cost 8 to 9 million.

Let's just see when Russ is being traded first.

11. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

With trades like this it just depends on when and how there is leverage. NOLA got a better return for Holiday than if they had tried to trade him in season last year. Same thing with Paul George. If they'd tried to trade him two years ago at the deadline there's no way the return would have matched what they got from the Clippers during the offseason.

D-rock likes this.
  12. s3ts

s3ts Member

Westbrook's trade is higher priority than Harden.

ak99999 and D-rock like this.
  13. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Was definitely expecting harden staying past the deadline to have a significant lead. Maybe not 70-30 though.

14. gogispade

gogispade Member

You should add a third option:
    > Want him to stay but probably wont

T for 3 likes this.
  15. riko

riko Member

I think Harden wanted some Help and he got that so I think he will be satisfied and will stay even if he still wants out. He will tolerate it and stay.The reports of him recruiting Cousins does not sound like a man out the door.

Unless you get Simmons, multiple first rounders and thybulle then you keep him. You are not getting equal value for the greatest scorer since prime Kobe and MJ in any trade unless a prime Lebron, Kobe or MJ is coming back.

D-rock likes this.
  16. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Your examples were excellent and are what I would attribute to "unforseen circimstances."

George, Holiday and A.Davis were all traded for significant returns, despite Davis and Holiday being on the last year of their contracts. In all three instances, the leverage the trading team had wasn't something derived from their own abilities or within their control. Rather it was due to the leverage provided by the superstar of the opposing teams, namely Lebron, Kawhi and Giannis.

The Lakers, Clippers and Bucks faced the pressure of keeping/acquiring the services of these three great players which resulted in not only their lack of leverage but also a deadline and ticking time bomb for them to make the deal.

Unless something unforseen happens with Durant, Irving, Embid, Simmons etc... the teams interested in trading for Harden are not under such stress, pressure or urgency. Could something happen to change everything? Possibly. But without such a change, Harden's value will drop precipitously after the trade deadline, ESPECIALLY if he is insistent on ONLY the Nets.

ChillyPete32 and D-rock like this.
  17. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Nobody in the league values Harden as a prime Kobe or MJ. If they did, there would be unreal offers on the table, from like every team in the league.

18. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I voted yes. I think he would genuinely like to leave, but he will ultimately sign that extension he reportedly turned down before. Money talks.

19. riko

riko Member

Harden has only made the Nets as the team he wants to go to so that’s why other teams are not offering or maybe they have privately inquired? We don’t know.? This is why the Rockets are in a hard spot to a degree because Harden has only chosen one team as his preferred destination. It’s not a bidding war .

If Harden were to say he would play anywhere then teams would be lining up in droves .

20. riko

riko Member

Yep the longer this goes I think he is starting to realise if he just wants to go to the Nets then it’s not happening with an offer of bunch of role players and irrelevant draft picks.

Hank McDowell likes this.