1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The media's role relating to James/Russ

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Their agenda laden drivel is so obvious....just outrageous...and never stops.

Of course we get SOME good info from a few via Twitter, but, it's mostly full of the same BS. I can't go to my phone without Google or whoever spouting off even more garbage like today.."James Harden being as vocal as he can about being traded."

I know GM's use these idiots like the tools they are, but it comes across as if they have a vested interest themselves.
    ...wanting him to head East for nothing or whatever. They don't know what's going on so they just spout this? I guess it's also about clicks as we have two very high profile players.
    So, what drives all this in your opinion?

D-rock and saleem like this.
  2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It's fear. They don't want solid and talented players around Harden and to a certain extent around Russ. Can you imagine what would happen if Houston pulled another Nuggets vs Sonics upset against a stronger team? I'm not implying that it's going to happen right now. Our team needs to get stronger by the trading deadline.

D-rock and Plowman like this.
  3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

James Harden and Russell Westbrook could both open their mouths and shut all this talk down right now if they wanted to, but they don't.

So if you aren't happy with the Harden stories, he's just as much to blame as them.

D-rock, the shark, JW86 and 3 others like this.
  4. realonemo

realonemo Member

To win the championship you have to go through lakers and it was the warriors before their dynasty ended. Harden knows that we don't stand a chance and wants to go east and stack the decks in his favor. I have absolutely no problem with that. It's just what the league is today. Thanks to Lebron's "the decision".

5. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

A lot of this comes from LA with 3 huge markets there, along with Lebron himself. Media is going to feed that mouth at all costs. Iam sure though that Harden has spoken up and has finally had enough with Tillman, so this is an actual shot that rang out.

D-rock likes this.
  6. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Ya i do believe in scare tactics, but maybe they scare the players away to get them in the open markets. Free Agent market is not Fair Period . Nba doesn't want to see Harden get pass Lebron. Them getting Gasol Harrell, Mathews Scroder is unhealthy for the league. There bench consist of 4 players that could probably be close to a playoff team alone. It just bs if you ask me. Market is not fair anymore, thats why you have good teams like the rockets, nuggets, Jazz, Mavs failing to get passed California teams, no i dont really blame harden. So yea i said.

Honestly these are all tainted titles Lebron is getting so *** him.

saleem and D-rock like this.