1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NEXT GEN Gaming Console, PS5 and Xbox Series X news/upates

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by noize, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

It is not Xbox fan boy, it is a Sony hatred biased...LOL. It has something to do with what happened when I had a PS3. Not going into it. If Nintendo (a full blown consoles to compete....my son has a Switch, btw...great for what it is), Apple, or whomever builds another top-end console....I would consider it. I just won't consider Sony.

2. Juxtaposed Jolt

So you're not buying a PS5 because...because the 360 outsold the PS3 or something, and because the PS5 isn't as powerful as the Xbox?

I don't get it. I mean, if it's a hill you're willing to die on, then sure. But talking about consoles from 2 generations ago (PS3 was released 14 years ago. Wow!) and how there's a difference in specs even though it's nothing one-sided and using that to argue for how Xbox > PS, is just strange.

3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

No....my issues with Sony has to do with issues I had with the PS3 (Problems, hardware-wise) and the lack of satisfaction from Sony. Nothing to do with what games are on a System...lol.

4. noize

noize Contributing Member

FWIW, my first gen PS3 outlast my first gen Xbox 360 (red ring of death). Heck I still use my PS3 as my main blu ray player as we watch a lot movies.

We actually have three first gen 360 and each have some kind of hardware issues(bad power supply, stuck disc trays, bad hdmi connection..etc).

Both of our PS4 and Xbox one have been solid though.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Those launch day PS3's eventually had issues. Mine still boots, last I tried, but wouldn't read Bluray discs. PSX, PS2 and PS3 slim and PS4 have been work horses for me. Toyota Tacoma of consoles.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Is the PS4 Slim power cord compatible with the PS5? I don't want to jump through hoops rewiring my entertainment area.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  7. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

MS didn't really fix RROD until the Xbox 360 Slim. The Black 360s before the slim were MUCH better.....but the issue was really fixed on the re-design. MS learned alot from RROD. They test their systems in specialty ovens now.

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Rumors saying there won't be any new PS5 stocks coming this year, every single unit that was ready to be shipped is sold out. :(

9. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

So newbie question for someone that hasn't gamed since KOTOR. Which one's "the best" PS5 or the new Xbox? Or is it subjective? Seems like the cool kids are getting the PS5's.

10. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

I was at a GameStop yesterday and overheard the employee, think he was that location’s manager, telling another customer they only got enough units for the initial preorders but they’ll have a few for Black Friday. So check with your local store cause that might mean Wednesday this year.

I think Walmart is opening up orders Wednesday night too.

11. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

It's pretty subjective. They have roughly the same hardware, lots of the same games, similar services, etc. There are certainly some big differences between them, but I think for most people (especially more casual gamers), they're very similar. So yeah, it is pretty much which platform has the exclusive games you like, which controller you like better, which UI/services you like better, etc.

Since they're so hard to find, it is probably best to wait 6-12 months and get a better feel of things then, unless you really want to jump in sooner. Both consoles still need a lot more next-gen games, they both need a lot of (software) polish, etc. I think both consoles will be fantastic in the long-run, but we'll probably have a better feel about which console does what better by that time.

Yung-T likes this.
  12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

That would suck.

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Don't get why online retailers aren't doing more against scalping.
    You'd think they miss out on money from extra controllers, headsets, games etc that legit consumers would buy along with their PS5 or XBox.

The only ones profiting off of this are the scalpers.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Pretty wild. I just don't think they were ready for something like this. Low priority. Especially during the pre-Holiday boom.

15. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

GameStop shipped my All-Access SeriesX. LOL. Wasn’t even trying find one after launch day. Will be here today. All these people stressing with auto-clickers or rushing to stores. Gamestop handed it to me ...begging me to buy it. Reminds me of how I got the Xbox One a week after launch. Walked into a Best Buy on Black Friday mid-morning for something, and there was a stack of hard to find xbox ones....just put on the shelf. Picked one up. Someone saw me walking with one and I pointed to the shelf. By time I checked out, the rest were gone.

16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

There is PS5 stock being held for Black Friday.

Also, Target seems to have XBX stock. It is not showing up online as store inventory. People are going to stores to get them. Best Buy, GameStop, Walmart, are all supposed to have Black Friday inventory. Microsoft is having spot inventory drops every day...it seems.

17. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Target is only doing in-store, curbside pick up to prevent scalping.

So is Walmart...I think.

18. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

#1198 Blatz, Nov 24, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
  19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Nobody wants that ****. Except people who wear Under Armour or Fox Racing Gear and drink Mountain Dew. Lulz.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Man I struck out HARD on the PS5 Gamestop drops last night. Clicking away like a bozo.