1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Election Day 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Master Baiter, Nov 3, 2020.

1. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

I say that every time I am done having Taco Bell

#8301 AleksandarN, Nov 23, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    B-Bob and mdrowe00 like this.
  2. PeppermintCandy

She sounds to me like a civil servant trying to interpret the scope of her job to the best of her abilities. She gets my respect.

3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

who threatened physically her? did someone leak her address?

now she should be more afraid of the trumpers

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It looks like Trump is bowing to the inevitable but I still have a feeling this isn’t going to be a smooth transition.

Even if this transition ends up going smoother than it looks like now I hope what happens doesn’t just get forgotten. That we had not only a candidate with his supporters being in such denial that they were peddling not only vile but ludicrous arguments but that a sitting US President was willing to undermine the machinery of government and confidence in US democracy to stay in power.

The total lack of dignity and character shown by him and his supporters. As sports fans we frequently indulge in blaming the refs or talking about how the league is out to get our team. It’s one thing to do that when talking about the NBA but another when it comes to the country. Especially when the game wasn’t even that close.

For that matter I think most Clutchfans complaining about the Refs do so with more dignity than was shown by Rudy Giuliani.

As a coach I wouldn’t tolerate the denial, whining, pettiness and lashing out that we’ve seen from players. I’m guessing most of you as parents wouldn’t tolerate that from your children. We shouldn’t forget that not only did a President of the United States act this way but millions of Americans supported that and most of a major political party were either silent or supported it.

What’s scarier is that if this election were closer they might’ve succeeded.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It doesn’t read like trump wrote it. I doubt if he did.

Invisible Fan and B-Bob like this.
  6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Sounds more like Kaylee now that you mention it.

Trump never says "nevertheless" or "recommend" in his shitweets.

Better put bunker b**** on opiod watch.

Deckard likes this.
  7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

While it almost caused a constitutional crisis, thankfully the sheer incompetence of the president's legal team has protected American democracy. And historians and legal experts will be able to ridicule their legal shenanigans. Here's a funny example...

8. NewRoxFan

It will be good to not have a president tweeting so much...

FranchiseBlade and No Worries like this.
  9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

It will be good to not have to worry about what the horse in the hospital is up to at any given moment.

Nolen likes this.
  10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

...while in reality, she was a political appointee deliberately acting outside the scope of the traditional role of GSA.

11. NewRoxFan

12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

lol she tried her best blocking and delaying the transition

mdrowe00 likes this.
  13. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

There are reports that she got several threats and she references that in her letter. Unfortunately where our culture is at I can believe that is true and I also believe that she does have to worry about Trump supporters now.

vlaurelio likes this.
  14. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I wonder if Randy Quaid voted or tried to vote? A felon voting from another country would be a case of voter fraud.

Blatz, mdrowe00 and NewRoxFan like this.
  15. NewRoxFan

Wonder what happens first, the big case being filed or the health care plan he has been promising for years?

FranchiseBlade, mdrowe00 and Nolen like this.
  16. NewRoxFan

This the crazy congressman whose entire family did a campaign ad against him...

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  17. NewRoxFan

Can trump not appear to be such a whiny turd... ever?

mdrowe00 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  18. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

GOT EM.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  19. TWS1986

TWS1986 SPX '05, UH' 19

Wouldn't hold my breath on the healthcare :D.

Deckard and B-Bob like this.
  20. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I think it's the Pennsylvania case about ballot curing that had me lmao last night. So this isn't a fraud case, as Rudy Giuliani was arguing in court, but this was a narrow idea about how some ballots were allowed to cured (a few thousand) in a democrat leaning county.

There were two republican complainants who voted in another small county that didn't allow curing. For example, if the privacy envelope was seen to be missing from the outside before the mail was opened, the larger county had a procedure to call the voter to come in person to fix the problem to verify their vote.

So instead of suing the small county for not allowing the two Trump voters to vote bc they didn't follow the small county rules and the small county didn't cure (these varying curing rules have existed for many years iirc and impacts a small number of ballots), the Trump team is saying throwing out all the votes of the state is the remedy, lolol.

And then in their emergency appeal, the Trump team accepted all of the conservative federal judge's reasoning and is appealing on a separate small issue that the Trump already voluntarily dropped, but then tried to bring back due to their reasoning that they accidently dropped it.

This is just legal lunacy.