1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

D&D Coronavirus thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Feb 23, 2020.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Unfortunately what's going to happen is since many of those going across the border aren't elderly they likely will survive this. Instead they will pass it on to elderly and at risk relatives they get together with at Thanksgiving.

Things like people acting irresponsibly during a pandemic wouldn't bother me if just affected those who did. This is how your own behavior can affect many many others.

DVauthrin and mdrowe00 like this.
  2. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

On the news they are reporting from SD and saying that mobile morgues are being deployed. They just interviewed some women who looked like they were in their 20's out drinking and laughing (maskless of course) saying that "Gov. Kristi Noem doesn't give a sh^t about COVID!"

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Well, of course, and many of the young are going to get much more sick than they would ever anticipate.
    This virus has really hacked western society's addiction to immediate wish fulfillment. "Oh, but I really want to get a beer with friends."

4. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

CometsWin likes this.
  5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Having and surviving Covid is one thing. Persistent debilitating symptoms are another.

6. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

7. Nook

Nook Member

It isn't the plague or even the Spanish Flu but it is still bad. It has killed 270,000 Americans in 8 months and is projected to kill over 400,000 in a one year span. For reference, the Spanish Flu killed an estimated 675,000 before it was stopped...... that pandemic lasted about a year and a half or maybe two years........ by the time COVID is eradicated in the USA we will likely see over 500,000 dead.

So it is serious, and it does kill people but the fatality rate isn't terribly high, it is just that so many people get it...... also our medical treatment has greatly improved as well.

DVauthrin and joshuaao like this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

Why don't we just go back to segregation.

All the assholes that don't believe COVID is real and do not want to vaccinate their children can live in the South Eastern part of the USA and the rest can live on the West Coast....... in the middle, as a buffer we can allow all the illegal aliens that Trump claims are crawling into the country through Mexico....

9. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

DUDE WE SAW HIM FIGHT OFF THE VIRUS IN REAL TIME

joshuaao, ROXTXIA and B-Bob like this.
  10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

How are you and your peeps? Hope no lingering symptoms.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

My son bounced back quite quickly. He was better in a week. My wife and I have gotten to we do not sleep 18 hours a day anymore but we both are still having shortness or breathe and fatigue.

Overall I am grateful, but the fact we still have some symptoms is concerning.

Thanks for asking.

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

My uncle got it and was hospitalized, on oxygen, later released, had to go back in because he developed an infection from the needle they had jammed into his hand (I believe). Infection kind of traveled. I think he's out again but very weak. And 78 years old, so there's that.

Glad you're okay-ish. Your posts haven't lost any zip, in case you were wondering.

DVauthrin, joshuaao, Nook and 2 others like this.
  13. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

Good to hear.

My mother is in her late eighties now. She's in a rest home. She got diagnosed with it about a month ago. I have a brother who's an occupational therapist. He got diagnosed at about the same time as our mother. We'd frequently visit her, so when we discovered that she'd contracted it, most of my immediate family did what we could to isolate ourselves.

No complications for anyone so far.

Helps when you've got a lot of medical professionals in your family that aren't inclined to believe nonsensical conspiracy theories...;)

DVauthrin and B-Bob like this.
  14. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Liar

- FFB

mdrowe00 likes this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

I am sorry about your uncle and I hope he gets better.

I hope your mom pulls through.

16. mdrowe00

mdrowe00 Member

...thanks.

No worries, though.

...my mother's been taking a stew of heart medication daily since her triple-bypass surgery more than twenty years ago, now. We've wondered if that has anything to do with how well her immune system has held up against this thing...

My mother's going to outlive most of us, I'd bet. She's tougher than a two-dollar steak, I heard somebody say once.;)

...both her and my brother have already taken subsequent tests. Both were asymptomatic when they were originally diagnosed, and now they don't show any signs of having it at all...

I don't think either of them so much as developed a cough. But again, we all took all the precautions before, and actions necessary after, to mitigate this thing. Doesn't work as well for everybody...unfortunately, too many of us have been thoroughly unlucky throughout the duration...

...for all of the wrong reasons, too...

17. ksny15

ksny15 Member

This vaccine can’t come soon enough. There are way to many idiots out there not giving a ****. Old Town Scottsdale on Friday was absolutely packed. I saw a ton of posts on IG of people congregated in groups . And of course Ducey here in AZ is absolutely spineless. Our healthcare system will get over ran by December. Its such a shame people can’t put their social lives on hold for a few more months to spare thousands of people’s lives. But America.

18. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

washex... qanon's newspaper...

19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

And thoughts on why republican senators have a much higher COVID-19 rate than Americans overall?

20. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Good to hear you and your family are doing better. Just be careful as everything I've heard from people who had it is that it comes in waves and you could feel better a day or so and then the next day feel worse.