1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Woj) Harden turned down $50 million a year extension wants to be traded to Nets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

That's true, but Davis was also 26 when he was traded, Lakers traded for a player they can potential keep for 8/10 years, Harden is 31 now, how many years he has left in the tank? I'm sure age is also a factor when trade discussions come up.

2. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, but that will never happen unfortunately.

D-rock likes this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I dunno that only hurts their trade value and brand - Remember this happened to Hakeem and it was worked out. I am not sold on Harden leaving yet.

I think that if this team comes out and starts cooking - especially if they flip Westbrook for decent pieces (I would do B. Griffin - one year less on contract and although a risk, if healthy we have a big 3)......and lace em up.

DD

D-rock likes this.
  4. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I respect Westbrook more than Harden. Harden is the reason for Russ and other bigger issues, not the other way around.

Basketball reasons, wouldnt trade Harden, that wins out in the end. But on professionality & hustle, Russ by a mile.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Yeah westbrick deserves more respect. Leaving okc with 4 years left on his super max extension he literally just signed :rolleyes:

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

7. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

Sources close to Lequeen??

BigShasta likes this.
  8. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Harden wants out.

Getting a nice player in Wood + a broken and horrible fit in DeMarcus Cousins doesn't change that.

#348 Loneyroy7, Nov 24, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
    Boston84 and YOLO like this.
  9. TheSource

TheSource Member

Today should be fun

D-rock and don grahamleone like this.
  10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

why do you think this? Just a big fan of Tuesday?

FWIW on Harden’s latest IG post, his Adidas representation used emojis that would indicate an extension was coming or at the very least that he was staying.

#350 treyk3, Nov 24, 2020
    D-rock likes this.
  11. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

Harden either gonna give us a reason to be thankful this week or a reason to drink this holiday?

D-rock and don grahamleone like this.
  12. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

I think Harden stays. He pulled a power play to get better taller talent in the door and it worked. Would still like to see Russ get traded for Wall or Wiggins.

RocketRed84 and treyk3 like this.
  13. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

He pulled a power play for a vet min DeMarcus Cousins coming off a torn achilles and quad? Lmaoo.

14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

look at my post talking about his confidant indicating something is going on with him and staying in Houston and then look at Ben Simmons’ sister saying she likes trades on Tuesdays. Choose which one you think has meaning and either way we win because the rumors will end once an extension or a trade happens.

While losing Harden would sting, if you look outside, it’s pretty bleak already. Harden being traded would literally be a footnote even as a huge fan of the Rockets and a fan of his even before all these wacky Harden Heads.

I really don’t like Harden only fans and I’m just realizing they are a thing.

#354 treyk3, Nov 24, 2020
    RocketRed84 likes this.
  15. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

I'm a Rockets fan that prefers winning. Harden gives us the best chance at that. If we trade Harden it means we'll be going through years of missing the playoffs.. Or at least years of being a first round exit. Ben Simmons is not the guy.

BHannes2BHonest, HP3 and RocketRed84 like this.
  16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Not calling you a Harden Head. You’re here with good intentions and as a fan of the team. Plenty of posters are not and if you read Twitter any time there’s a Harden account they are simping for Brooklyn. I agree that there’s no chance we get better by losing Harden. I think he’s the best player in the NBA. If he’s traded it means the relationship really was irreconcilable. I think he signs an extension and I think this was all public negotiation.

17. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I hope something happens soon! Either Harden needs to leak that he's going to stay for 1 more year, or a trade needs to happen.

I am happy that Rockets weren't in a rush to trade him away, and believe 100% that taking their time and hoping he changes his mind is the right - even though I don't think he will change his mind. So I have no issue with how the Rockets have handled it so far. But, we are getting really close to training camp and the season; if we're gonna do something, it should be done soon.

D-rock likes this.
  18. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

WHY IS HE NOT WEARING A ROCKETS CAP?! At least it is not a Scott Boras cap.

D-rock likes this.
  19. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

What does a LA beat writer know about Houston sports?

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member