1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

MOREY WHO??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballgame, Nov 23, 2020.

1. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

Exactly. I feel like his Microball was more of a fancy play, gimmicky long-shot rather than a strategy founded on solid fundamentals. Analytics can only do so much. At certain point, there has to be a bit of observational analysis, common sense rather than just spreadsheets and data. Glad to have our traditional lineup structure back in action.

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  2. macan

macan Member

sayonara Morey

3. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

I agree with you about splitting rus. I just don't think it will happen. I wouldn't be willing to attach assets to dump his salary. I still think he has great value. flaws, yes. but he was an all nba player last year in a down season. if we split him up, say for Aaron Gordon and Fournier, I think we set ourselves us nicely for next offseason but significantly hinder ourselves in this one.

while I don't disagree with your strategy, I disagree with the timeline. we can do that move next summer if need be. but the best thing to do this season is to be as successful as we can be in order to convince James to stay. winning cures all. aggregate assets into a great starting 5 now. this way stone proves himself. Silas can show what he's got with a loaded roster, they will earn James' trust and he'll see that they are able to compete here.

next summer we can attach assets to dump rus if we think we have a wink-wink deal with a better player in free agency. and if we don't then maybe it is time to blow it up and tank with our own 2022 and 2023 picks.

4. pass_to_Hakeem

5. vick

vick Member

Simmons sister at 5:11pm twitted, Can't wait for trade news on Tuesday. Money might be fixing to get Harden.

6. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

This thread will be so funny in 3 months later.

hakeem94, Amel, Sooty and 4 others like this.
  7. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

Not going to get too excited about the team until all-star break.

Maybe it goes poorly and the combination of players we have are having a melt down. Who knows.

Maybe it goes well, championship in our sights and Harden agrees to extend and stuff but it's not the most likely scenario at this moment.

MettaWorldPete likes this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

You got trolled

HP3 likes this.
  9. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Exactly lol

Sooty and HP3 like this.
  10. DCSLaw99

DCSLaw99 Member

Silas & Stone are doing a good job. Excited to see the new system in court soon!

11. finsraider

finsraider Member

On the Gordon/Fournier deal, I’m not convinced it’s a big step back. Gordon shores up your front court and adds playmaking. Good defense. Someone said Josh Smith is the only front court playmaker Harden has played with here...true! Gordon gives us that. A Fournier-Gordon backcourt when Harden sits should work offensively, but will need defensive help. Fournier hit 70% at the rim and 40% from 3, plus he’s got some playmaking in him.

I’m not sure a Russ move can wait that long. The blow up a few weeks ago wasn’t over nothing. I do think they will start the season with him, but I think he’s out sooner rather than later. And I’m not sure we will have enough assets to *dump* both Westbrook and Gordon if it comes to it.

agree that winning cures all. But don’t want to get sucked into winning in the regular season and disappointing in the playoffs. Need positive momentum and opportunity for more in the offseason.

Y2JT likes this.
  12. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Microball would have worked if we had some real shooters.

13. HP3

HP3 Member

Well it was reported that we never even planned to go full small 100% of the time. Also we had to do it because we traded for a horrible second option in Westbrook. Our analytics strategy was just fine.

FrontRunner and MettaWorldPete like this.
  14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You have to think that Wood was on the Rockets target list before Morey left. You also have to think that maybe Tillman is letting the experts do their job after he saw what happened with Westbrook.

hakeem94 and Os Trigonum like this.
  15. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Stone>Morey

hakeem94 and tycoonchip like this.
  16. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

wouldnt it just be funny as fk if we add a couple centers back into the mix - and win a championship! ;) lol

17. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

In Stone we trust! The morey train is over!

18. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I like what Stone has done so far ... would rather he have dumped EG instead of Roco to make the Wood deal possible but that probably had a much higher pricetag ....

We'll have to see if he made chicken salad or not ... If Harden is gone , it's **** salad and likely to remain so for a long time. At any given time there's only a handful of players in the league who can take you as far and finding one is an arduous task at best and an impossible one at worst - Just look how long some of these teams have been stuck in the lottery.

If he really does want out , I don't know if this set of moves was the right direction .... if he doesn't want out , I like the direction.

Sooty likes this.
  20. roslolian

roslolian Member

Stone has def made me a fan. He had it as tough or even tougher than Morey cuz the team is caught in a weird situation with 2 superstars demanding to be traded and a beggar owner mandating win at all cost. He has done an amazing job so far straddling the line between competing and rebuilding.

Christian Wood and Cousins are both key, 2 stretch Cs who can provide spacing while not being midgets on the court. Maybe the Rox can convince Harden and WB to give it a shot for at least 1 more year before we blow it all up.

hakeem94 likes this.