1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Boogie Cousins to Houston!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Nov 23, 2020.

1. cdain3

cdain3 Member

Lol no it's not. You don't sign Cousins if you plan on trading harden.

joshuaao, Dacamel and raining threes like this.
  2. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

This signing is so awesome on many different levels.

So Stone actually got 2 GM jobs in the league and he works for both the Rockets and the Pistons.

fckbandwagons likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

No Nwaba?

DeBeards likes this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

Uhh a torn Achilles, torn quad, torn acl cousins does not mean harden has changed his mind. That’s just a dumb assumption.

yeah harden has just been waiting for him to be signed and everything changes. Nah. This is actually what’s plagued him since he’s been here. Getting injured last legged guys that nobody else wants to be his help on a nightly basis.

MettaWorldPete and HP3 like this.
  5. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

The Rockets should start a PPV TV channel just to show the locker room after each game this coming season assuming they wont trade both Russ and Harden before the season starts.

I think that could be the show with the highest rating in NBA history.

joshuaao, B-Bob and D-rock like this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

John Wall has had a few seasons where he shot the 3 ball solid but he is not near as good a shooter on 2’s. Wall doesn’t score as often as Westbrook and he is not as good a rebounder.... the only thing Wall can do (when locked in) way better than Westbrook is defend. Wall can at times be a lock down defender. Still, in order for me personally to do the deal, I want draft picks coming back so I can add another high level player with all the picks I have accumulated.

7. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Great signing considering the limited cap flexibility. I'd like to think this is an encouraging sign that Harden is gonna give this year a go in Houston. But I could see the Rockets releasing boogie's NG contract in the event a harden trade happens

8. HP3

HP3 Member

1. PRE QUAD/ACL injury which ever. He's not going to be good enough and his defensive issues will always be there.

2. His help defense was AMAZING though? His on ball defense was servicable, fantastic defensive player. Cmon, you watch a few possesions of Cp3 on him and now he's just a "good defender" dude was literally our second best player in the playoffs.

Above average based on what? None of his defensive metrics pain him as such? And there is no guarantee he comes back to full health and there is no guarantee he even comes back to what he was pre injury. Too many assumptions for unproven talent. Brown was not a usesful bench player, the Bucks did not care if he left. He had a 48 TS%.......yuck. If he agrees to strictly shoot from the corner,it could be okay, otherwise, color me skeptical.

Im gonna judgement right now because none of this looks good. Its really just average. It looks okay at best and mega trash if Harden leaves. Again just because we arent, doenst mean we cant criticize. I already know Cousins is not really going to work out and and I know none of the wings are gonna be super impact full really(at best they will most likely be serviceable). The professional here to leave it up to was Morey, not Stone and Patrick. Morey is making moves that make sense. We are making......well lateral moves.

Boogie should not be "running" anything imo if that happens, this is already lost.

D-rock likes this.
  9. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

10. PWR

PWR Member

Would like to round out the roster with two 3 point snipers with size....Ersan Illysova & Kyle Korver.

11. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I love me some cousins

12. riko

riko Member

Against the lakers he shot career highs as a rocket from the field so no his jumper was not a issue.

raining threes likes this.
  13. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Sounds really weird. Might capitalize Cousins

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I guess we've filled our IR spot for the year.

HP3 likes this.
  15. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Boogie Nights my Roxy brothers and sisters! Hey, this is a low risk, high reward play by "Stones" (new suggested nickname). He's doing the best he can with what he's got and me like so far.

16. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

No risk move. Salary is non-guaranteed. Just need to hope that he's healthy and can stay that way. As a Warrior after the Achilles tear he was still able to put pressure on defenses, scoring inside and out, and passing. He'd be a great look off the bench if he can still play.

raining threes and D-rock like this.
  17. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Looks to me like Tilman is a gambler, and his GM has a mandate to gamble.

Gambling doesn't usually work. (See: Westbrook, Russell.) But along the way, it's entertaining.

DeBeards and B-Bob like this.
  18. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Freaking hilarious!!

D-rock and cmoak1982 like this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

And Wall is not even that good a defender.

Russ is top 15 in steals and deflections and he turbo charges pace into top 3.

Wall, especially at less than 100%, is the lesser player.

DeBeards likes this.