1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Boogie Cousins to Houston!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Nov 23, 2020.

1. tmacman

tmacman Member

Well take it back. Right now.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Do we really know that? He's only played a few games in the past few seasons due to injury. If he can come back in tip top shape maybe there is a small chance he can be a above average starting pf/c for the team. He has a high skill level.

3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Boogie with Wood? I like to Boogie with Wood. Just saying.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Can hit that 3ball too.

DD

5. HP3

HP3 Member

It seems like we signed him because of Harden.

DeBeards likes this.
  6. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

the rockets have tried defense on the wing we haven’t tried bigs with some skill besides catching lobs with Harden. I guess Howard his first year is similar and that team was good just everyone around him was too young including Harden.

Russ is going to be a problem but maybe not who knows I don’t see boogie starting but I have no idea what the rockets are doing but it’s entertainment and their doing something different for a change so I’ll watch at the very least it will be entertaining to watch harden and Russ play with two bigs who can shoot and dribble but cousins I don’t have much hope for like I do for Wood.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Going to be a fun locker room. o_O

raining threes likes this.
  8. fchowd0311

I definitely am not. The dude was the mental toughness soul of this team for the past few seasons. It's just Tucker can become a black hole useless warm body on offense for long stretches. Cousins if healthy is just world's more talented offensive weapon. But obviously being healthy is a big if.

9. riko

riko Member

Chris Haynes saying we put him throughout a workout and he looked great

10. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

Boogie released a workout tape not too long ago. He’s slimmed down a lot. I could see a Jokic type player, for the Rockets.

raining threes, D-rock and cmoak1982 like this.
  11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

He is volatile.

Could accelerate an an already deteriorating locker room.

12. riko

riko Member

Yeah you do it to
    Keep harden happy and staying

raining threes, Patience and HP3 like this.
  13. Greedydex

Greedydex Member

He’s in the best shape of his life. He’s going to be ready!

14. TimDuncanDonaut

Now sure how to feel. I guess welcome?

[​IMG]

Boogie financially might be a low risk. Same could be said about Melo, but after he left, Rockets as an Org got painted more in a negative light. Hopefully it won't happen again.

For Cousin's own confidence; he hope the physical therapy is paying off and he gets to play again.

#134 TimDuncanDonaut, Nov 23, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    HP3 and DeBeards like this.
  15. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Tucker is still quick enough and instinctive enough defensively to guard NBA small forwards. He’s also the team’s best overall defender, so he needs to start in order to guard better players and organize the team defense. Otherwise, you are wasting his best attributes. Furthermore, he needs to play with Harden and Westbrook because he cannot generate his own offense. However, this move should enable the Rockets to cut his minutes back to the 25-30 minute range and keep him fresher for later in the season.

Gordon should be the team’s primary sixth man, if he’s not traded. It’s the best role for him and the team. House can also do more than just be a catch-and-shoot player, so he’s a good fit coming off the bench, too.

As for Batum, I’ve already posted in a different thread that I would sign him for the veteran’s minimum. He’s nowhere near the guy he once was, but he can still provide length, passable defense and some playmaking in limited minutes. However, with David Nwaba and Sterling Brown already on the roster, I’m not sure there’s room for him anymore.

#135 DVauthrin, Nov 23, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  16. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I mean, even if he doesn't start, having one of the most legit BIG men in the NBA on your roster is a massive improvement over what we ended the season with. This is a FAR more complete team now. Even if it's just for 6 nasty fouls and an enforcer. Tucker and Boogie can bring the pain.

Stone is KILLING it.

17. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

The ultimate idea is Westbrook and Tucker to the Clippers for George and Pat Bev.

18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Excited about this move. #RunItBack

19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

No , not possible to keep Roco and make these other moves unless you shed that amount of salary some other way (EG).

They will be up against the apron with these moves and anything outside veteran minimums will require further cap gymnastics.

20. fchowd0311

I mean in reality Cousins if healthy could be the most skilled big man the Rockets had since pre-back injury Montajunus.

dcfma, raining threes and JayGoogle like this.