1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. CXbby

CXbby Member

This market is wild.

2. CXbby

CXbby Member

I'm doing five lines per hour just try to keep up.

Jmia, blnk, sbe, fubo, grwg, nio/xpev/li

Not suggesting anyone should buy those, in fact hell no. Just watch and cry.

saitou and Cokebabies like this.
  3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

The sun rose this morning and Nio is up 10+% seems like a normal day to me.

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I jokingly made this comment Nov. 5th. On that day its low was 29.80 and it closed at 35.85. Today, just 18 days later, it's hit $67 so far. I should do less joking and more buying. :(

Sajan, Kim and peleincubus like this.
  5. adoo

adoo Member

the implied volatility for pton is relatively high

[​IMG]
    plus it is a MACD cross-over candidate---using Dec 31 expiration---constructed this credit spread

bto 102 PUT
    sto 112 PUt, for a net credit of 4.45. defining my max ris of 5.55

6. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

b*stard, I think it's down like 9% today.
    I'm 5k into this and was pleasantly surprised when it ran up past 10. I was planning on holding for years, but I'm tempted to get out...but then I always remember people posting their giving up too early on Amazon stock stories. I think the future potential pain of that would hurt more than losing this nice Christmas bonus. Even if this is fake now, there's always hope to cling on for the future. At least that's how I justify hanging on to losers. :(:D

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I've been too much into the garbage known as cryptocurrency the past week or so, but JMIA is one I had been looking at to actually get into as a gamble. I've been in GRWG (around $16 cost basis), NIO/XPEV/LI - I made a comment about those 3 earlier in this thread and just a minute ago, somebody on here bought FUBO pre-IPO, and NIO gon NIO. Citron just came out trying to drive BLNK down (what else is new?). I've been in PLUG since around $8-$9... I joke that I was also in that stock back when it was a several hundred dollar stock about 20 years ago. LOL.

Lots of crap out there boys. Enjoy the ride. :D

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I don't even know what PLTR is, but I'm scalping the gains, suck on THAT candle.

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

This reminds me of the time during the dotcom bubble when I bought a stock that doubled pre-market. A co-worker asked me what stock. I told him. He immediately bought it and then asked "what do they do?" Maybe now is the time to get out. lol. :D

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I definitely got out of the calls already. Before power hour. I have an IRA and 401k to hold and be boring. But when things are green you gotta go hard in the paint in the non-retirement account. Sometimes you've gotta FEEL.

Sajan likes this.
  12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, I heard that during the dotcom bubble, too! :D I know the feeling, though. lol. I was just texting a friend and he said this year went from being the worst ever in the stock market for him to being the best ever in about 8 months. He's made twice as much in the market as his yearly salary, and I know he buys some crazy stocks. His portfolio is full of high-flyers.

Now I just need Andrew Yang in Biden's cabinet to see if crypto can moon more. lol.

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

saitou likes this.
  14. CXbby

CXbby Member

I'm bearish Sunrun and iv explained in here why, tesla solar might still be a few quarters away from ramping but eventually I just don't see how RUN can be competitive.

With NIO I think they are a legit competitor with a real future. Very likely to become the Xiaomi to Tesla's aapl in China. My one concern is that the es6/8 and ec8 are all cuv/suvs and the Tesla model Y will be going on sale in China starting next month/early next year. That's the first real competition from tesla in that segment. While the Chinese government is supportive and the ev tide will lift all boats in the long run there, there is potential for short term market disruption when the Model Y launches. I would like to see how Nio sales hold up in the face of that, especially with valuations pushed to the limit and any crack will result in volatility. Long run I'm not bearish on the Chinese ev makers.

#12274 CXbby, Nov 23, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  15. CXbby

CXbby Member

Yes enjoy the ride. But also when the train pulls in to the station don't forget to get off.

Sajan likes this.
  16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I jokingly made this comment a little over an hour ago. It's at $73 now (yes, about 10% up). I should do less joking about joking and more buying and more buying.

CXbby likes this.
  17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

The good news is, it's easier to get off the train now than it was during the .com bubble era. The other good news, this train's next stop is the MOON. :cool:

saitou likes this.
  18. adoo

adoo Member

She stood out among the leading contenders as someone who would attract broad support and would be ready to hit the ground running in the middle of a crisis
    without much on-the-job training.

Added bonus:

Yellen would likely be welcomed by investors because she's a known quantity and the markets boomed during her tenure leading the Fed.​

saitou likes this.
  19. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I must say that I'm quite happy with myself for buying some Dec 18th 15 dollar calls during the breakout, sadly I only have 1 left and dumped several too early. They jumped from $197 to $1840 in a few days. :eek:

[​IMG]

Bought some VNE today. Not expecting the same results.

[​IMG]

saitou and Cokebabies like this.
  20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I don't know enough about individual solar stocks other than they behave maniacally. What I did do was buy some TAN a while back, but that was just a Biden play. The entire power, alternative fuel (solar/hydrogen/electric) play has been going nuts, so it's more of a sector play right now with no clear winners. But like I warn people, even though I own stuff like PLUG, those were once thousand-dollar stocks that went down to dollar stocks. I see another one exploded today in FCEL. I remember 20 or so years ago, that was a $5000 or $6000 stock. FTEK is up about 200% today. No idea why -- maybe there's a reason. A lot of these stocks have run up on hope massively in the past, too. It scares me to hold any of these tbh, but I'll play with at least some of them.

Cokebabies likes this.