1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

There Is Gun Violence And Then There Is Gun Violence

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Nov 23, 2020.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Mass shootings are just as lethal with handguns. Va tech incident is proof. The only mass shooting that wouldn't have been as deadly is Vegas.

pgabriel likes this.
  2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

More to my point, Democrats dont like to talk about inner city issues other than lack of government money.

When a mass shooting happens they link all gun violence but the problem in inner cities is a much bigger problem than access to guns. Furthermore you can't make gun laws strict enough to stop inner city violence. At some point you have round up the existing guns.

When you talk gun laws conservatives are right, you are making it harder for abiding citizens. I don't mind more background check requirements or things like that but law abiding citizen is right. You made it harder for him and didn't change anything for the misguided youth

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

mikol13 and pgabriel like this.
  4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

mikol13 likes this.
  5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I love how this guy took the time to put his brace and spectacles on. Bow huntin' is all about livin' off the land*, son.

* sitting in a sheltered deer blind on a comfy chair with your buddies and a cooler full of beer waiting on the deer you've trained to come eat free food 10 feet away.

KingCheetah, Nook and peleincubus like this.
  6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Apex predator alpha males gotta survive

Xerobull likes this.
  7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Saw a news report on.covid getting worse during deer hunting season, spreading in deer blinds

#27 pgabriel, Nov 23, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    Xerobull likes this.
  8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Not sure of srs, funny either way.

pgabriel likes this.
  9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I read that as

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

10. Nook

Nook Member

Democrats talk about the need for better healthcare, better education and better paying jobs, increases in mental health resources.

The issues in the inner city and other areas of poverty are largely related to poverty.

First, when there is a mass shooting you hear democrats discuss gun laws and mental health services....... which are the main reason there are mass shootings.

You make it harder on abiding citizens? Do you make it harder for drivers when you install stop signs and red lights? Are you making it harder when you require drivers to own a license?

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You're about the other issues. Its not zero sum issue. Those issues don't eliminate the broken home problem which has deeper roots than lack of money

I agree on your mental health point

12. Nook

Nook Member

Do you have a problem requiring gun owners to have active insurance for their guns like require for cars and homes?

Do you have a problem closing the gun hole loop hole?

Do you have a problem taxing gun owners year per gun to off set the negative externalities of gun ownership in the USA?

TheFreak and Xerobull like this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

The broken home is related to poverty.... also some people use the "broken home" argument to not address the issues of poor funding, poor mental and physical health treatment, the access to guns and the profitability of drug dealing in the USA.

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Doesn't matter what created broken homes, they have to be addressed from within as well as money

15. Nook

Nook Member

Sure, but if broken homes are caused by poverty....... then you have to address poverty to have any real success with broken homes.

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Why are you railing on this? Sorry to mislead you. You missed the point. Don't give a **** about any of that

Post is about inner city violence which non of what you posted will curb it

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Bro dont do this

I never said not to address poverty and the post you responded to should have been clear about that.

AS WELL AS MONEY

18. Nook

Nook Member

I think those issues would help curb inner city violence..... there would be less gun ownership and the money collected could go into areas that are most impacted by gun violence, which in many cases in the inner city.

19. Nook

Nook Member

I am not trying to argue with you, what I am saying is that resources and finances will address a lot of the issues, including broken homes. The reasons there are broken homes in many cases can be tracked down to lack of resources and opportunities.

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

We have Obamacare. We have public schools. HISD has rebuilt damn near every campus in the last 15 years.

We still have an inner city violence problem