1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spooner

Spooner Member

2. riko

riko Member

He obviously won’t be the first but somewhere maybe in Golden state he will be the second because wiseman is way to raw and he is not really offensively polished to begin with. Wiggins and Cousins could share the second option duties

3. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I'm open to the idea of Boogie because the guy does have talent and probably won't command too much money, so it would be a very low risk move. That said, his concerns may be warranted. I'm not sure Boogie would be best served standing in the corner all game long so Westbrook can drive. I doubt Boogie having the green light to shoot 8 or 9 threes a game is good for either party s well.

This is exactly why we moved on from Howard. Howard wanted to have the offense run through him, when what we really needed was a skilled garbage man who was willing to take what the defense gave Harden on a PnR. We also wouldn't want Boogie shooting his mid range either, so basically he would be reduced to battling for offensive rebounds and dunking off plays that others created for him.

He could end up being very toxic to a team that can't afford any locker room negativity and the thought of seeing Gordon, James, Westbrook and Boogie all yell at the refs on every play will make the Rockets even less likeable as a team to the refs and media. I'm honestly indifferent wither way, and think that after being out this long, we may never see the the old Boogie again.

joshuaao, TimDuncanDonaut and D-rock like this.
  4. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I think you still think MDA and morey are with the rockets.

Because your saying boogie shooting 8-9 3s a game and we won’t let him shoot mid range jumpers.

Stephen Silas is our head coach now and will implement all new varieties of ways to score offensively.

5. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

Why can’t he just emulate what Porzingis did in Dallas? That would be a solid role for him. Pick and pop, pick and roll, occasional 3 pointer, occasional post up especially when the shots aren’t falling.

D-rock likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is more entertainment.

Now Boogie has matured a tad but he could still be a locker room issue.

Now you have an overly aggressive Westbrook, a passive aggressive Harden, a fun loving Eric Gordon, now a Boogie on his last legs. House the cheating prick.

Wow, what a chemistry cocktail. Hollywood ensemble.

Royce White and Jeremy Lin would be the extra spice you would need on minimum deals.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

Brooklyn he would be third string unless they plan on moving Jordan or Allen. Clippers probably make the most sense if he wants to get a real role on a contender.

Vivi likes this.
  9. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Lakers and Clippers are competing for Morris.

If Clippers get the twins back together it will be interesting to see if Boogie comes here or back to the Lakers.

10. Boston84

Boston84 Member

Just my opinion but if a guy whose missed the last 2 years to injury and had character issues previously is coming back and wanting to be a focus of the offense on a team w harden and Westbrook (at least right now).............stay away.

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

His skill set makes it difficult for teams to stay away. Sometimes it also comes down to, "What if he comes back better than ever (albeit still a man-baby)? Do we want the competition to get him?"

The Rockets need at least one more good move to even keep pace in the WC. I don't know if Boogie is it, but at least the FO recognizes that small ball was a joke (or they're accommodating their stars who say as much).

fckbandwagons and Boston84 like this.
  12. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Of all those teams, Cousins at best is going to be the #3 option and that's if he's back to some semblance of his old skillset.

He's always had great talent, but failed to truly harness his potential. His last season in NO, he was putting together an All-Star season, but tore his Achilles (against us if I remember correctly), he then sold his soul to GS and got hurt there. It would be phenomenal to have a healthy, mature Boogie on this team. Boogie at 5 and Wood at 4, with Tuck at 3 would be the strongest front court we've had in years. I'm game if he doesn't go to one of the Left coast teams.

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

My sources (SLAM Online) say that Boogie shouldn't be counted on to contribute much until later in the year. Maybe coming off the bench isn't a bad thing for him at this point, especially if he signs a 1-year contract:

Boston84 and fckbandwagons like this.
  14. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

I'm good with Cousins too, but you would need another reliable rotation center as an insurance policy for him healthwise.

And yes, the versatility of being able to go small ball or big frontcourts is great for mismatches. I'd like to have the option of Wood at small forward for streches if the mismatch is right.

Playoff series are often dictated by mismatches when a team game plans and makes adjustments for you for consecutive games to expose any weaknesses.

There are a few decent free agents out there to work with.

15. raining threes

Hope you're right

16. Boston84

Boston84 Member

yes def a good sign you’ve made a shift on the center position. Agreed boogie is temping . I’d just rather he come in willing to get his as it comes to him, focus on getting healthy, getting conditioned and improving over the season so by the end of the year he’s a true contributor. Don’t like the what’s my role gonna be coming in right away question.....not just for Houston for anywhere

ROXTXIA likes this.
  17. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

The problem with Boogie is that you have to sign another guy as his insurance policy so he's basically 2 slots. I don't mind a flier but the team better be ready to move on real quick if it doesn't work out like Melo. Lotsa decent FOs still out there.

finsraider likes this.
  18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

BOOGIE WOULD NOT FIT!!!!
    HE DON'T BOOGIE NO MO!!!!!

19. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

If Boogie understand he will not be a focal point of the offense. He’ll get his touches when called upon, I think he’d be a good addition.

But if he comes expecting the offense to go threw him, it will not work.

Boston84 likes this.
  20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

The national media drumbeat hasn't helped the Rockets' chances, although who knows which way Boogie will boogie. I don't know how I'd feel about him signing here. I'd cross my fingers but he's an injury waiting to happen.

Finding a sucker / willing accomplice / enabler to take either EGO or Westbrook for decent value in trade is more on my radar.

j@amc and Boston84 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.