1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

nvm

#741 treyk3, Nov 22, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  2. tc0330

tc0330 Member

so are there any new rumors recently? feel like rockets are dead quiet right now and we got multiple holes to fill still..

3. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

We have a glut of guards, who is next Luther Head and Roderick Rhodes...

fattz likes this.
  4. awc713

awc713 Member

I hate to play devils advocate, but it looks like LAL is on gearing up as favorites for a 2peat. Even if not, I think HOU is a tier below them and MIL, maybe others, and that’s ignoring that JH wants out. Assuming you *have* to trade JH sooner or later, the question is what young attainable player is the best option aside from general draft considerations...

As much flak as he’s gotten on this board, (and around the league for being soft), I think KAT has to be up there as a top target. He is skilled beyond belief and hopefully can be saved from MIN’s terrible culture. Simmons is another name who gets brought up frequently and would be a great center piece. Mitchell, Murray, Ingram, Bam, JJJ, Sabonis and Collins are some other interesting young players who could be moved (though some of those are obvs extremely unlikely, JH could be the only player to force their relocations)...

while getting draft picks is obviously important...this game has always been about, and will always be about, obtaining stars. I’m afraid that losing JH may send us into another mediocre, starless decade, that a barrage of mid to late first round picks won’t resolve. We need stars...so it’ll be interesting to see what Stone et al. will be able to muster out of the JH and Russ situations.

saleem and Boston84 like this.
  5. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yes I understand a players negative is not solely on that player, all the players were probably negatives. Question is
    why was his negative so extreme. McLemore is the same height, Rivers is the same height, Westbrook is the same
    height.....yet not that bad of a negative.

Russ was near with a -46 (+/-) but McLemore was +16 (+/-) in the 5 games he played in the series.
    Rivers +9 (+/-)

Like your passion for the Rockets.....keep on keeping on brother.

#745 ApacheWarrior, Nov 22, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
    DeBeards and saleem like this.
  6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Honestly, I’m not worried when he defends smaller guards or even if they are 6’5”. His poor shooting percentage bothers me a great deal. Let’s hope for the best.

DeBeards and ApacheWarrior like this.
  7. Reeko

Reeko Member

Simmons is the most realistic

I can’t see Minnesota giving up Towns or a Utah giving up Mitchell because Harden can become a free agent in 2022, and he would never in a million years re-sign in those places

saleem, Boston84 and D-rock like this.
  8. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

9. D-rock

D-rock Member

10. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Do you guys think we could get Kuzma for house ?

Right now Kuzma is a FA ( possibly RFA i dont know ) at the end of this season. he makes about 3.5 million. He will command much more than that i imagine .

What can the lakers get for him ? they wont be able to take back much more salary . Danuel House has a comparable contract.

Im sure there are other players they could want more , but maybe they think House can be ok , and hes only got one more year after kuzma too.

Im sure there are better players to offer , but we could cash in some pretty decent draft capital. stone not looking bad. its at least a competitive offer i think.

For us , how good do we think Kuzma can become ? I havent watched him much , is he capable of becoming a number 2 , can he D ?

11. Spooner

Spooner Member

No and no.

12. Boston84

Boston84 Member

I expect the harden to philly chatter to pick up right before training camp. Still firmly believe u get Simmons. KAT isn’t going anywhere right now- Minnesota getting his buddy DLO bought them 2 years. Had they not done that trade I believe this would be the summer he finally demanded out

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets really need another player 6'8 or taller.

If that player can be secondary ball handler that would be even better.

Rockets are really going to miss Jeff Green.

14. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

In that case id probably go with only 1st instead of offering up all of our available assets .

15. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Eric Gordon for Cory Joseph.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  16. D-rock

D-rock Member

DeBeards, Rudyc281 and jch1911 like this.
  17. Nook

Nook Member

In order for the Rockets to do anything beyond the minimum, they have to trade Gordon or Tucker and the cost to move Gordon is high.

tc0330, ApacheWarrior, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  18. treyk3

treyk3 Member

gotta make max space for my guy Bruno somehow.

Nook, D-rock and Rudyc281 like this.
  19. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Trade both

20. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I don't think anything matters other than what happens with Harden .... Does he really want out ?

I hear a lot of crap from the talking heads and twitter twats ..... but we've yet to hear from Harden.

That's the difference between tearing it down and any other path.

tc0330, DeBeards and D-rock like this.