1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

COVID-19 (coronavirus disease)/SARS-CoV-2 virus

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tinman, Jan 22, 2020.

1. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

To those who have had it - my whole family has gastrointestinal symptoms, nausea and headache. Only possible way of having contracted it would have been through our children's kindergarten where positive cases have been confirmed.

According to this page, https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/expert-answers/coronavirus-unusual-symptoms/faq-20487367#:~:text=COVID-19 might cause mild,developing fever and respiratory symptoms. these symptoms might precede fever and respiratory symptoms (which none of us have yet).

Anyone whose Covid case progressed that way? I guess I'll have us tested tomorrow.

Also, I spoke to someone from one of the USA's largest health systems on Friday who told me that they are at over 95 % ICU capacity right now.

Deckard and Jontro like this.
  2. Roscoe Arbuckle

Literally anyone I hear from on the left claiming someone healthy died from this.

3. zeyn

zeyn Member

That was my symptoms when I had it (never had fever)

Deckard and AroundTheWorld like this.
  4. Roscoe Arbuckle

ICU is supposed to be at 90% capacity by design... I only learned this when these outrageous claims were made. Pretty sure Houston has one of the largest Hospital areas Around The World. Lol.

5. Roscoe Arbuckle

I've noticed I've been sneezing a bit more. Guessing Wuhan?

6. Roscoe Arbuckle

Evil Garthe Fatty has come out now. Sadly, Goliath is in the shop...

[​IMG]

7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

This was in St. Louis.

8. Roscoe Arbuckle

Location is irrelevant.

9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Did you get a positive test confirming that it actually was Covid?

Did you have respiratory symptoms later, or not at all?

10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So your position is that out of around 250,000 USA deaths not a single one is a person that was healthy prior to contracting COVID?

No Worries likes this.
  11. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

You probably have the GI variant. There are 6 main clusters.

---
    https://covid.joinzoe.com/us-post/covid-clusters

The six clusters are as follows:
    1 (‘flu-like’ with no fever): Headache, loss of smell, muscle pains, cough, sore throat, chest pain, no fever.

2 (‘flu-like’ with fever): Headache, loss of smell, cough, sore throat, hoarseness, fever, loss of appetite.

3 (gastrointestinal): Headache, loss of smell, loss of appetite, diarrhea, sore throat, chest pain, no cough.

4 (severe level one, fatigue): Headache, loss of smell, cough, fever, hoarseness, chest pain, fatigue.

5 (severe level two, confusion): Headache, loss of smell, loss of appetite, cough, fever, hoarseness, sore throat, chest pain, fatigue, confusion, muscle pain.

6 (severe level three, abdominal and respiratory): Headache, loss of smell, loss of appetite, cough, fever, hoarseness, sore throat, chest pain, fatigue, confusion, muscle pain, shortness of breath, diarrhea, abdominal pain.

---

That being said, when I had it my first main symptom was just severe fatigue. Nausea and very mild fever. The fever was waxing and waning. I got better in a week. Good luck to you and your family. You should generally be ok. I've known more than 40 friends and colleagues test positive and every single one of them recovered. Some longer than others, but all of them back to full activities.

Drink plenty of water and increase overall sleep. Get a small home pulse ox machine just in case to abate your anxiety about any potential breathing issues. It costs about 20 USD or is also on the new Apple Watch.

In regards to your ICU numbers, you have to understand most US hospitals now separate their regular ICU from their COVID unit. You need to be looking at COVID unit numbers. I'm on the board of a major hospital system and our COVID unit is currently only about 30% occupied. ICU is normal. Might be different in other parts of the country, but what I'm noticing is the areas being hit hard now (El Paso, Dakotas) were never really affected in the first place.

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Fun fact, I know the founders of Zoe well (the link you posted). They picked my brain before they started their business...

13. zeyn

zeyn Member

I did get a positive test, had mild respiratory issues. Took about 5 weeks to get back to normal.

No Worries and AroundTheWorld like this.
  14. Roscoe Arbuckle

15. Roscoe Arbuckle

I love David Hardisty and what he created here, and I love that he's making money here. But this is now a BOT site. I just got a warning here from a GIF I posted on a bobrek post; an Anchorman GIF... But bobrek reported it and, lo and behold, I've stepped across guidelines.

This is liberalism these days.

16. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

https://showmestrong.mo.gov/public-healthcare/

Doesn't seem to be remotely close to 95% capacity. Looks like they are at 71% of capacity for the state and 69% of capacity for the St Louis area. Maybe there is something specific to that hospital?

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Yes, maybe - just stating what the person I talked to said. To be fair, it was someone in charge of "digital" and innovation, not a frontline worker.

Maybe he was referring to some of their hospitals in other states?

https://www.crainsdetroit.com/coron...it-capacity-michigan-adds-7458-covid-19-cases

robbie380 likes this.
  18. Roscoe Arbuckle

Again, I know folks that Work at Hermann & Texas Children's. It simply isn't true.

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Fatty, why do you keep bringing politics into Hangout? You know damn well that it’s against the rules @Clutch laid down for the BBS a hell of a long time ago. Are you just eager to get the boot again? Right now, I’d say you’re working pretty hard at getting just that.

This is NOT D&D. I really don’t give a damn about your political opinions. I do give a damn about having to read them in a thread about the worst health catastrophe to hit our country in over one hundred years. A thread with over 500 posts that has managed to stay where it is intended to stay, in Hangout. A thread with all sorts of opinions and information, as well as anecdotal accounts from members about people they know who have had the virus and suffered terribly from it. Mostly without the politics you keep pumping out like a broken fire hydrant.

So why don’t you do us all a favor and cut out the crap. Want to spout off about politics? Do it where politics belongs, in D&D. There are a lot of threads there about the pandemic with plenty of political comments. They are right there, waiting for you. If you don’t, I’ll report you myself. I’d rather not have to.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  20. Roscoe Arbuckle

To me this isn't a debate. How many times do I have to show hard data?