1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Stein plop] Jae'Sean Tate will sign with Houston after free agency begins

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dr of Dunk, Nov 17, 2020.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I hope Baynes and Broekhoff will sign with the Rockets. I would give Bolden a 2 way, and ease him into the team later. No to Thon.
    He continues to regress.

D-rock likes this.
  2. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

It's shocking how many people are in denial of this fact. The Roco deal was a dumb rookie mistake by Stone and/or Fertitta, showing their hand just before 2 key trades. I guess Fertitta could not sit still once he knew there's a chance to cut costs.

3. CarlosGM

CarlosGM Member

The Rockets changed Covington for Wood + 2 FRP. How else would they get Wood? Without that move, there was only a 5M exception, and only 1 tradable FRP. Not sure if any team with cap room (so,no contenders) would absorb EG’s contract for only 1 FRP, and even that way, Rockets would have ended with Wood and Covington instead of EG, but 3 FRPs less. Any other idea to bring Wood? Only trading Harden or Westbrook, but that’s not easy...

roslolian and rockets1995 like this.
  4. onreego

onreego Member

5. alexcapone

alexcapone Contributing Member

6. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Stone is executing Morey’s blueprint from the early years. Will be interesting to see how the talent evaluation pans out.

7. kiwirocketsfan

The thing with all these new guys and even with Caboclo and Nwaba etc, Silas might actually play these guys. I don't think we will have 7 man rotations and these guys could actually contribute by the end of the year. It also means less miles on Harden, WB, Tucker etc For me that is huge in and of itself. We might actually have some surprising contributors because they get a chance to contribute.

8. D-rock

D-rock Member

Re-sign Bruno.

9. Scola Scoops

Scola Scoops Member

Question is - is he T H I C C ?

Drift Monkey likes this.
  10. Rokman

Rokman Member

Looks like a rebuild. Bringing in nothing but young talent. No vet signings. Cheap young prospects only. Well syonara Harden and Westbrick!

11. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I loved Morey but we got rid of players that played really good after we cut them. Guys like Covington, lin, wood, Whiteside, harrel. Makes me wonder if some of the back up guys like stone, hinkie etc were picking these guys and moreybwas getting rid of them not valuing their growth.

rockets1995 likes this.
  12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Another huge get, the Kings must be crying!

Sorry Sacramento Sydney, he's ours!

13. RLP55

RLP55 Member

For us older guys. Been a Rocket fan since the San Diego days. Watching the Tate highlights I can't help but see T R Dunn. He was a bruising guard who had a lengthy career with Portland and Denver. 6' 4" could jump out of the gym, but wouldn't mind going through you. Had football toughness. Never put up impressive stats, but was a heavy contributor.

I'm in the camp of let's find some gems, develop them and KEEP them. MDAs 7 man rotation was hard to stomach. Let's get younger and hungrier.

14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

No, these signings might have indicated that with morey and mike. But with rafa and silas I believe their method is different. We aren't quite done but I think James and Russ stay and give it another go. The youngsters will learn on the go and hopefully contribute.

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I remember those teams with T.R. Dunn, Fat Lever, Dan Issel, Calvin Natt, our asst. coach, Elston Turner, the "Twin Towers stoppers" Hanzlik and Schayes... man, I hated that team more than any other team other than the Utah Jazz teams and Sonics teams from the 80's and early 90's. :D

16. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

How’s his 3 point shooting %?

17. Nook

Nook Member

FWIW there are a couple people in the Rockets organization that are very high on his defensive ability on this Rockets team.

Their interest is sincere and have targeted him for awhile.

crose, Deckard, Deuce and 7 others like this.
  18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

He shot 37% last year on 1.8 attempts, but I'm not sure how well that would translate to the NBA since I think the Australian NBL's 3 point shot is the same as FIBA, NCAA, and WNBA 3 point shots which is about 1.5 feet shorter than the NBA's. He seems to be a horrible FT shooter.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/international/players/jaesean-tate-1.html

D-rock, ashleyem and pippendagimp like this.
  19. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Forgot to Mention the Warriors
    Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson Undercutting James Harden, Draymond Green Poking Bloodshot Eyes of James Harden

Steve Kerr Whining and Complaining, Says James Harden Travels and Cheats the Game to Media

apollo33 likes this.
  20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Nah, man. My Golden State Warriors hate doesn't begin to approach my Utah Jazz/Seattle Sonics/Denver Nuggets hate of those years.