1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2020-2021

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Nov 3, 2020.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]
    Charlotte and Houston to give Orlando picks and cash.

2. Le$$

Le$$ Member

https://fadeawayworld.net/2020/11/2...n-to-the-warriors-for-four-players-and-picks/

Golden State Warriors Receive: James Harden, P.J. Tucker

Houston Rockets Receive: Kevon Looney, Eric Paschall, Andrew Wiggins, James Wiseman, Minnesota’s 2021 first-round pick (top-three protection), 2022 first-round swap, 2024 first-round pick, 2025 first-round swap, 2026 first-round pick

Warriors have that #4 pick. I dont know why but i would pull this.

James Wiseman is a young future star. #4 pick is going to be nice. Plus that pick is top 3 protected. You could always trade wiggins, or send him to another team for picks or players.

3. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

The chatter about a Ben Simmons/Harden swap, it seems Simmons and Harden and Westbrook and Embiid would be better fits (if you’re trading for one or the other).

I definitely don’t want a starting guard who can’t shoot for ****. But also I hope we don’t rely so heavily on 3 this year and spread out the offense.

D-rock likes this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

EGo + FRP for Myles Turner is the easy trade.

But if we expand it, things get really interesting.

https://tradenba.com/trade-machine

Then sign Aron Baynes to full MLE with the 9M savings.

Harden/Ntilikina
    Oladipo/Nwaba
    AG/House
    Wood/Tucker
    Baynes/Bamba

With this line up, I am comfortable trading Harden + Tucker for Ben Simmons, Matisse Thybulle + picks when the time (ever) comes.

DeBeards, fckbandwagons and jch1911 like this.
  5. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Trade did not show up for me.

Apparently new Pacers coach wowed Pacers brass with plan to use Turner (I think it was to drive his value up) so they are reluctant to trade him (see Celtics deal)

D-rock and Y2JT like this.
  6. D-rock

D-rock Member

NYK: Russ Westbrook, Ben McLemore
    IND: Markelle Fultz, Julius Randle, Eric Gordon + + Knicks FRP + Rockets FRP
    ORL: Myles Turner, Kevin Knox, Dennis Smith, Doug McDermott
    HOU: Victor Oladipo, Aaron Gordon, Mo Bamba, Frank Ntilikina

7. finsraider

finsraider Member

Houston In: Aaron Gordon
    Orlando In: Westbrook
    Knicks In: Salary and assets

Sign Sergio Llull for the full MLE

Sign Dewayne Dedmon for the minimum

Llull
    Harden / Gordon
    House / Nwaba
    Gordon / Tucker
    Wood / Dedmon

8. chinese

chinese Member

bring back Capela, Harden +10%, WB -10%. then we have a much better team than a month ago.

9. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Member

Am I the only one opening up to a Wall-Westbrook trade if it includes a couple picks from the Wiz??

I mean from all I am hearing Wall is looking really good. He says he has played his entire career with bone spurs and this is the first time he has played pain free.
    He has worked on his shot (quicker release now) and is looking explosive again.

My main thing is with a couple of picks we could package Gordon for a really good player.

Wall
    Harden
    ????
    PJ
    Wood

joshuaao, Ramo$e and j@amc like this.
  10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Sterling Brown has me wondering if a trade is coming. Let me dream on this one ok.

https://tradenba.com/trades/2AGQhjkhu

Houston in: Aaron Gordon / Mo Bamba / Fournier / Aminu / Fultz

x

Orlando in: Westbrook / House / Eric Gordon

Supposedly Orlando would take Westbrook and like D House......they have to take back Eric Gordon
    Orlando drafted Cole Anthony but is he ready to lead as starter?

Houston wants Aaron Gordon and Mo Bamba.......have to take back Aminu (health?), Fournier/ Fultz
    Rockets need a point guard because of Westbrook departure.

Rockets roster

PG) FA.....or Fultz.......................... / Mason Jones
    SG) Harden...................McLemore / Gerald Green
    SF) Tucker.....................Nwaba / Sterling Brown
    PF) Aaron Gordon.........Fournier / Aminu
    C) C Wood......................Mo Bamba / Wooten

2-way contracts

I don’t care for Fultz; but it’s just a means of getting out of this rough patch. Trade him in Dec if need be.
    Chance on Aminu getting his health back.

DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  11. riko

riko Member

That is a pretty good trade for us. Gordon Bamba and Wood will change the dynamics of this team together. Easily one of the most athletic front courts in the nba that can block shots, clean the boards and go at it in the open court.

Woods and Gordon are skilled and can get their own as well.Highly doubt Orlando would do this

D-rock and ApacheWarrior like this.
  12. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yeah, Tucker is one of the better corner 3 players and Sterling was good at Corner 3.

Tucker.....41%...............Left Corner 3......................45%........Sterling Brown

Tucker.....35%..............Right Corner 3.....................37%........Sterling Brown

Our corner 3’s would be set. So I didn’t want to include Tucker.

There is some give and take with each trade. Orlando knows that House would be much better as a cutter/slasher
    away from the 5-man out scheme of just spot shooting. Rockets fans think he is trash.

Fultz to me is trash.....Aminu surgery was problematic.......Fournier is like Eric Gordon to us (please someone take it).

Bamba probably is the thing that makes Magic pause.

DeBeards, D-rock and riko like this.
  13. HardenVolumeOne

nope i want steph curry to have to carry the load and lead a team on his own. Sick of people ranking him above james harden without doing any heavy lifting

cmoak1982 and D-rock like this.
  14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I think something might be brewing with EG. I've always rated him highly when he was at his physical peak or near to it. Alas, that is no longer so. I think we can get Mo Bamba along with Fournier if the Magic accept the 2021 1st round pick from Houston via Portland. I don't like Fournier , his defense sucks. EG's still got that going for him. Fournier can shoot better than him though. I don't see any reason why the Magic would want Russ. I assume they want picks. I'm a fan of Aminu but I'm tired of having injured players around. Fultz is playing well for them now, so I don't think he will be moved, at least for now.

D-rock likes this.
  15. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Well, of course Harden......if he is ok with departure of Westbro. I take it as a new lease on life for Westbrook.
    Where he can be the main cog in the wheel. Westbrook/Vucevich probably should work for them.

Some think the signing of Sterling Brown is to replace the corner shooting of Tucker. Makes for a Tucker trade because not many teams want Eric Gordon. I hated the Eric Gordon extension.....and hate it more since he got “fat cat-itis “ after getting paid and came into the season out of shape. Got hurt as a result, often.

Perhaps a Tucker/Eric Gordon trade in the works instead of Westbrook trade. To which team I haven’t determined.

DeBeards likes this.
  16. saleem

I was very unhappy with Eric's extension. He finally lost some weight during the Covid-19 break. If he can increase his shooting percentage to 35, he will regain trade value.

DeBeards likes this.
  17. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

The claim is he has set a goal of shooting 40% or better from 3 this season. Makes me mad he didn’t
    set that goal last season.

Eric Gordon shot 25% from 3 in the Thunder series (playoffs)......was a minus 1 in that series.
    Eric Gordon shot 42% from 3 in the Lakers series (playoffs).......was a minus 51 in that series.

I’m done with EGordon......we will end up facing the Lakers or Clippers to get to the finals and I don’t trust him for nothing.

Wish him well elsewhere.....but there is a reason nobody wants him. It’s not just that contract.

saleem, withmustard and D-rock like this.
  18. saleem

I'm upset too. We have to be patient. He might be finished, but he may something left in the tank for a trade along with Tuck by the deadline.

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  19. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I respect your opinion saleem.

If Eric Gordon shoots 42% from 3 but is a -51 (+/-) vs the Lakers in the 5 game series.....its necessary to find out why?
    Or we will be doomed to repeat history next time we meet (in a playoff series).

Rockets still have too many duplicate size players around the same height: 6’3” Westbrook, 6’3” EGo, 6’5” Nwaba,
    6’3”McLemore, 6’4” Tate, 6’5” Sterling Brown...........Tucker can play PF so I can separate him from the rest.

I’m still trying to bring on Gerald Green at 6’6”. No room for GG I guess but this area is primed for a trade before the
    season begins.

Tate has experience with Rockets assistant and vice-versa. So even though we may not like the signing, assistant is going to bat for him. I will reserve judgement on him....he has some Ron Artest scoring near
    the rim. Keeps ball close to body and releases like under his chin while using arms to ward off defenders.
    I’m interested to see him in ttraining camp.

#739 ApacheWarrior, Nov 22, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  20. saleem

EG wasn't entirely responsible for that huge minus figure. A 6'3'' can't defend Bron. Sending him to the East at his natural 2 guard plus some backup PG minutes is needed. I don't like Tate either,but we have no choice. Let's see if someone will bite.