1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stone passed his first big test

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, Nov 21, 2020.

1. varughese.arun

Rivers SUCKS. QUEEN is about to **** on P. Rivers. We bout to win the championship brah

Ramo$e and fckbandwagons like this.
  2. omgTHEpotential

[​IMG]

rfrocket, CCorn, clos4life and 9 others like this.
  3. varughese.arun

The greatest analysis ever

topfive and DeBeards like this.
  4. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I’m very impressed.

If they lose Harden that’ll be a real test but I’m impressed.

If Harden and Westbrook stay, building a championship team around them this season will be a huge test as well.

I’m trying to tamper my excitement but I think as is, it Silas can put a real system in place they could be pretty dangerous.

5. HP3

HP3 Member

He did, okay trading Roco and getting Woods, is a WASH at best. Dont let ownership fool you.

D-rock, ak99999 and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  6. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

7. topfive

topfive CF OG

With an eye to the future, I'd much rather we have Wood than Roco. Shame there was no way to have both, though.

D-rock likes this.
  8. HP3

HP3 Member

If you plan on keeping James Harden, this is not the only move to make. I have no faith in this franchise when Harden is gone. I would rather have kept accumulating picks if we were going to trade Roco. Because as good as Woods is, he's only good when we have James Harden/Russ. He's not a winning piece on a championship team without a superstar. I think we should have just started fresh.

D-rock likes this.
  9. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Its funny, when we traded away Ariza and the pick everyone was whining about how the cap room was just a way to spin the trade, and Stone was a spineless looser.

Crashlanded19 and jim1961 like this.
  10. topfive

topfive CF OG

Yeah, but without a superstar, there's no shot whatsoever of winning a title. So you get guys like Wood regardless, and if your current stars leave you immediately start looking to acquire or draft another.

I know, sounds simple, right? But it's the reality in this league. And Wood will be a solid starter.

xtruroyaltyx, D-rock and HP3 like this.
  11. topfive

topfive CF OG

I don't think it was Stone we were judging, but Tilman. Maybe because Stone was here before even Morey, he seems to have Tilman's trust.

clos4life and D-rock like this.
  12. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Hater

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

:confused:o_O

D-rock and T for 3 like this.
  14. HP3

HP3 Member

Im saying rather take my chances in the draft than have him pad stats on a bad team. And we will be horrendously bad if James leaves and we dont have a good pick for next year. I'm not about giving up James Harden right now. And Im not about Covington being given away for 1.5 picks and Wood. And I dont trust this owner to do anything right. Im being a downer I know, but I have no faith in this FO without Morey. We'll see what happens though, Im not holding my breath.

D-rock and topfive like this.
  15. topfive

topfive CF OG

I get the pessimism. Any team with Tilman controlling the budget will be suspect.

I guess my take is that based on what I've seen so far since Harden asked out, I can't imagine Stone letting him go for anything less than a slightly lesser star and enough assets to kick off the rebuild. Russ leaving is a little dicier, since Tilman might demand we accommodate his wishes even if we have to LOSE assets in the process. After this week, though, I'm feeling a wee bit better about Stone navigating these rough waters.

16. dmoneybangbang

I've been impressed with Stone given his constraints. While I think Eric Gordon is better than his play suggests and would do well with less dominant guards, his contract will be a good test (among many).

D-rock and topfive like this.
  17. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

I’m certainly no literary genius but reading that out loud as you typed it was a fun exercise.:)

HP3 and D-rock like this.
  18. Fantasma Negro

He hasn't done **** yet. When he moves Fat Gordon for viable rotation players then I'll buy him a blowjob

19. topfive

topfive CF OG

Okay, okay... looking good.

Works pragmatically on good moves, but isn't afraid to (safely) swing for the fences.

20. caneks

caneks Rookie

awful, awful, awful.