1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets claim Kenny Wooten

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Nov 21, 2020.

1. ksny15

ksny15 Member

The pairing of Harden and Westbrook just will not work in the playoffs unless Westbrook learns to shoot which isn’t happening. Trap Harden, leave Westbrook open. It’s game plan. Unless you have literally knock down shooters out there with those two which we don’t even it’s just a terrible pairing.

2. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Like I said to DaDa, you're probably right, but don't underestimate Harden's ability to evolve and reinvent himself. Maybe Christian Wood continues his end of last season dominance, maybe House thinks before he acts, maybe Harden decides to play off the ball and no longer has to worry about half court doubles, maybe Gordon doesn't have his worst season ever again, maybe we have a lob threat again, maybe Boogie joins us and does him impression of 86 Walton, maybe one of our rookies do a Donte Green impersonation and open the door for new trade opportunities, maybe our GM builds the team to get past multiple teams instead of only the Clippers, maybe etc. How many of us thought that Westbrook would be one of the most efficient players in the league for a 2 month stretch? All of my what ifs were far more likely than Westbrook's streak last season.

Again, I think it's unlikely that Russ and Harden figure it out, but I would like to see more before I rationalize blowing up the team. I just laid out many scenarios that would change things drastically for the team, and only one or two of them need to happen to put us back into contender status.

#82 withmustard, Nov 22, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  3. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

He should be the new Montrezl Harrell.

4. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

we got way better with Wood. Not sure how you come to this conclusion. I just wish we had been able to trade Gordon instead of RoCo

clos4life likes this.
  5. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

It boggles my mind how many 'maybes' have to go our way just so we can pretend we're a contender.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Woah!!! Kenny "the Wallop" Wooten!!!!

7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In no world is Kenny Wooten a PF. He is as pure a C as Centers get.

He can’t throw it in the ocean, and he never will be able too. He is a rim running, shot blocking, Clint Capela esque garbage man that will dunk and block everything.

So happy we have him developing back there. As of now he is our 3rd string C.

clos4life, don grahamleone and D-rock like this.
  8. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

He will never in a million years be able to make threes. It would be akin to Clint Capela drilling threes. He needs to maximize and perfect what he does now.

raining threes and D-rock like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

He actually has a better jumper than Capela and has range to FT line.

But I agree, his 3ball is extremely underdeveloped. But same could be said about Andre Drummond 3ball before last season.

Or even Giannis 3ball 2 seasons ago. Shooting is the one skill that can be significantly improved in the NBA.

10. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

If he had range to the FT line he’d make some damn FTs!

I’d be totally happy If he can work on becoming a truly elite defender and screen setter. He would play in this league for 10+ years If he could figure that out.

D-rock likes this.
  11. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

12. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I addressed this in my post, I guess you stopped reading. Please read entire post next time to avoid being boggled.

D-rock likes this.
  13. Downtown Sniper

maybe I would.
    Maybe I could.
    Maybe I did.
    Maybe I didn’t.
    Maybe maybe maybe.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Too many maybes, you can't rely on so many people changing, they are who they are....so find players that fit in with that.......

DD

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  15. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Your witty Dr. Seuss comeback really showed me.

I simply laid out some possibilities, some more likely than others, that could change the team's outlook. Was it the maybes that triggered you? Does the Downtown Sniper prefer Bullet Points?

clos4life and D-rock like this.
  16. CCorn

CCorn Member

The bass player?

17. Downtown Sniper

Dr Seuss?

Oh no son, you misunderstood. I was trying to fit as many maybes into my post as yours.

Although as you can see, I simply couldn’t because there were just far too many in your post.

All those maybes just to make it out of the first round.

18. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

so why did knicks cut him?

19. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, Dr. Suess. I figured someone who is so concerned about another person's post readability would appreciate my ability to identify rhyme scheme. This has to be one of the pettiest back and forths I've ever had on Clutchfans and I admit, I'm half to blame.

It seems we've diverted from my original point of not all of those things HAD to happen for us to become a contender, just one or two. I simply stated that in my OP, but then you decided to change that to ALL of those things had to happen. I pointed out to you that you misunderstood my post by not reading the whole thing and now your gripe is I used the word "maybe" too many times.

I tried keeping it light by not attacking you, but instead making puns and doing 90's movie references, but still, we're discussing me using too many "maybes" in a post.

I concede, I used too may maybes. Thank you for pointing that out to me. I sincerely want to know how you would have exemplified multiple hypothetical scenarios? Should I have numbered them? Should I have changed it up and replaced a few maybes with "possibly" or "hopefully"? Please help me be a better writer, since we've established you don't disagree with the content, just the readability.

Again, I've yet to try to bring you down for anything. I think that this could be a learning opportunity for me to engage a wider audience moving forward. I think I could have phrased it that "many things could happen this offseason such as.... That would have avoided this entire debacles between us right? Or not, because you still wouldn't have read the final few sentences to see I said that "one or two" of these things could change this team.

Since I've politely conceded that my post could have been written smoother with more readability, maybe you can admit that you accidentally misunderstood my original post? You're a really respected member on this forum and I prefer for us to have an open exchange of ideas moving forward without either of us feeling patronized or mocked. Consider it.

clos4life likes this.
  20. Downtown Sniper

HAHAHA.

I'm a little concerned about your mental stability if you get this upset over someone who didn't even go into your post specifically, rather the absurdity this team now finds itself in after being a 65 win team when Tilman inherited it a few short years ago.

You seem like a bit of a lunatic though, whilst I'm laughing at you currently, think you're going to have to join the block list because I can't keep seeing your name pop up in the notifications bro. You seem a little too obsessed with me.