1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Veterans Minimum Targets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DustinS, Nov 21, 2020.

1. riko

riko Member

Bad contract, on decline street and is 32 years of age so it’s not all that surprising

RocketsSZN and raining threes like this.
  2. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Yeah, to have versatility on offense and defense I would like to have a big true center (Bang for rebounds with guys like Jokic etc, paint defense and shot blocking) who importantly can also space the floor from three iif possible.

Bonus if he can move his feet and switch, but we'll take what we can get at this level really.

Marc Gasol first choice then Baynes or the best we can get for the money available.

We can still roll out Woods in many small ball center matchups when favorable, but I'd like to have him at PF and develop him like a young Anthony Davis or Giannis.

Hell, if we can roll Woods out at SF for mismatch streches that would be amazing. This is what LA did with LeBron, AD and Howard/McGee.

Two bigs like that will greatly help our paint defense and rebounding which cost us in the LA series, our team is already excellent at switching, threes and guard rebounding.

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yes.

4. raining threes

I like Farrell, he would be an upgrade over Rivers. He can shoot but to say he needs the ball to be effective is an overstatement. IMHO

Broekhoff playing about 15 mins per game as a backup on the vet min. wouldn't be bad. Farrell/Broekhoff would add something that the Rockets 2nd unit was missing last yr. Shooting.

I'm still hoping Stone can somehow add a Center. (Baynes would fit like a glove with Harden, Westbrook) I would really be happy if House is traded for Bamba. I dont see this happening though.

D-rock and saleem like this.
  5. jonasXV

jonasXV Member

Try to trade Eric Gordon for Al-Farouq Amino to get under the tax. Then use the MLE or BAE. You can also get creative and do Clemmons + House and add Mo Bamba to that deal.
    Actually that will be really close might not work

D-rock and mastan like this.
  6. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

I wouldn’t mind at all getting a Cauley stein type at this point. He would be serviceable as a third center and if things do not play out right in the free agent market he or someone of his pedigree may be needed as a primary backup to give Wood 10 or 15 minutes of rest a night. Silas must know him well from last year though. If we do not get him I would suspect it’s a sign Silas does not have confidence in him.

fckbandwagons, saleem and jch1911 like this.
  7. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Portland reunion

batum and robin lopez

are they the best ? No . Is it somewhat realistic? I think so

weren’t we gonna bring in Nate Macmillan?

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Lopez signed with the Wizards
    McMillan is in Atlanta

raining threes and snowconeman22 like this.
  9. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Not the same player anymore.

Ramo$e and saleem like this.
  10. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Wasn’t he a bad fit next to Luka bc he needs the ball and isn’t very good on defense? I’m pretty sure that’s how he ended up in NY.

11. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

damn . Well he’s probably worth what they gave him , still a good defender.

I would like someone in his mold . Little sand in his pants , good defensively.

on offense , people forget harden turned guys like Tarick black and Joey Dorsey into serviceable pieces for 15 minutes a night . Spacing and shooting is all the rage now , but we just need some more oomph imo .

if you can catch the ball and have decent ability around the rim we can use you . James’ pg some of the time was Jeremy Lin , who couldn’t really shoot either .

do you have any C’s you like ?

D-rock and RocketsSZN like this.
  12. raining threes

Yep, but your looking for him as a bench player for 15 mins a game. If those kind of guys have one elite skill they can be contributors. The same things that you're saying about Broekoff was said about House. Another guy I like for that role is Dotson.

D-rock likes this.
  13. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I never said anything about Broekoff. I don’t even know who that is...

14. saleem

Aussie 6’7” SF. Fairly athletic and tries hard on defense. IQ is good. 30 years old UFA.
    Can complement House.

15. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Need a backup PG and C before they need another SF. The Rockets currently have House, PJ, Tate, Nwaba and Martin as forward depth. Hell, even Gordon, Harden and McLemore can log minutes at the 3.

16. saleem

I agree with you. None are available. Tate isn’t ready, Nwaba is injured. Gordon can definitely log minutes there, this might be one of the reasons for his low percentage. PJ has to play at the C spot. Let’s see if Stone can get lucky.

17. latebloomer19

latebloomer19 Member

Free agents priority order

Tier 1
    Baynes Gasol Cousins hartenstein

Tier 2
    Hernangomez, hollis jefferson, len, cauley stein, diallo, vonleh, kidd-gilchrist

I dont think we need anymore guards. If we do, just bring back rivers or gerald green. But mostly of our roster consists of guards already so top priority is having bigs

18. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

I think Nwaba will be ready for the season.

I also think they will give Tate a chance. It will be interesting to see how he responds to the more athletic NBA. I’m a little worried he could be a foul machine.

I’m not a big fan of Gordon or McLemore playing the 3 but it has been done.

I think PJ’s best position is at the 4 and hope he doesn’t have to log too many minutes at the 5 this season.

19. mastan

mastan Member

PJ is best suited for bench role.

jch1911 and D-rock like this.
  20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Assuming we won’t cut salary in a trade or lend Baynes/Gasol with mins

Tyler Johnson
    Nic Batum
    Dewayne Dedmon

Westbrook / Johnson
    Harden / Gordon
    House
    Tucker / Batum
    Wood / Dedmon

JuNx, T FOR 3!!!, D-rock and 3 others like this.