1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Chron) Harden was working out with Christian Wood this offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Nov 21, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Right now Harden IS the franchise so Stone's job is to treat Harden like the most valuable asset to the Houston Rockets, which he truly is.

As such, if he needs to placate him to repair the relationship, then he must do so.

BigggReddd likes this.
  2. fattz

fattz Member

I respect your opinion but don’t agree on this one. Here is why the Rockets are more than one player. Yes, Harden is an all time great player and the face of the franchise. The face, players, coach and ownership are all positions within the franchise. The Rockets were around before Harden was even born and hopefully we be around after we are all dead. (It’s like high school what ever you where there; the moment you left there was another by a different name. Maybe not the exact person but someone took your spot in 4th period Trigonometry. Teachers leave and there is still 4th period Trigonometry. Kids are home on computers and there is still 4th period Trigonometry.) It’s okay that Harden wants out, Morey is gone, and Tilman is an attention w****. The franchise is bigger than all of them. You are a Rocket fan not a Harden only fan or Morey only fan. That is my point Stone needs to do what is best for the franchise. If moving Harden is what is best than move Harden. Stone’s job is Rockets first. —> logic over emotion.

3. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

James is the greatest ISO player and it's not even close. They went berserk with that notion though, somehow. He didn't need a pick, or Capela which opened up Westbrook. There was a moment there where it was all working. And the moments where it didn't. Enter Christian Wood.

The ways to stop Harden from being double teamed at half court every possession are not exactly as hard to figure out as say, building a rocket. Russell Westbrook plays the point. James Harden supports the team by catch and shooting 3s and letting his ISO be what bails out a possession that doesn't come up with a good look. Trade in some ball handling duties for open looks at 3. Westbrook trades in playing center for operating the pick and roll game. Christian Wood rolls and pops his way to an all-star game. PJ and Gordon camp corner 3s with their fat asses. Maybe Happy will learn how to do a back cut and get some easy buckets so he won't have to scream or dribble so much.

4. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

So you want James Harden, the best ISO player in the game, to play off-ball to a lesser PLAYMAKER than him...because that guy can't hit a wide-open jumpshot? No you don't.

You deal Westbrook and find good pieces that can make this team a contender or Harden is gone.

HP3, Cstyle42 and Rudyc281 like this.
  5. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

Westbrook is a recent MVP, let’s take a grain of salt with “lesser player”.

And yes, Harden has to play a support role more or else the ending is clear: 2nd round exit.

Im asking for like 8-10 minutes a game, like Lebron does, to better the team.

6. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I like it, but as a lot of people have said Harden plays with everybody. I do have resentment towards him but from. a logical perspective, he's playing for Tillman. He's looking for an exit strategy just like morey

7. Caprah

Caprah Member

Dumbrick might be a recent mvp but he is a far, far lesser player

HP3 and Highlyrated like this.
  8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Wussa is mostly all hussa.

Highlyrated likes this.
  9. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Let's go!

D-rock likes this.
  10. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

They weren't exposed but played a part in a league wide mutual effort to let the Lakers win it all for revenue generating survival.

cerophilik likes this.
  11. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

Saying he’s a lesser player than Harden means nothing, everyone but like Lebron is lesser than Harden.

Worried about Westbrook being a lesser player but also trade Westbrook! For a lesser player....

D-rock likes this.
  12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Was he arrested?

13. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah it was Harden vs Wall - ah sent clutch the videos on IG like a month ago ... because I’m clueless how to share videos on here

D-rock likes this.
  14. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

15. riko

riko Member

bobby brown, Trevor Ariza, Tucker and Harden stick together. It seems they are tight as .
    Anyway I know it’s a pickup game but damn Harden has skills that are just out of this planet.

gfab-babyboi and D-rock like this.
  16. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

So they don’t fit ? I guess we were in the bottom seed last season. Yea they aren’t the perfect fit.

Who said they don’t want to play together. That’s what I’m saying those were just unconfirmed rumors. Just like those rumors that it was almost a done deal with the nets for Harden.

Harden and Russ are friends and if anything Russ rumors of he being shopped before All the Harden rumors to net is what made Harden upset. Where have Harden or Russ say that they don’t want to play for each other.
    Harden posted a pic on Russ bday and had one with the cap off. That says more even if it’s more cryptic than some random rumors on BSPN.

Also is not like we were the worst team on the league. It was more Mike’s lack of adjustment and Morey insisting on only 3s that doomed us against the Lakers. Everyone played bad against the Lakers.

Russ was hurt before that he was playing better. He was doing his thing and shooting less 3s.

lol did I say Wood was the reason Harden was staying? What I said is that all the rumors were noise aka fake. I have the same credibility as those saying that Harden was going to be traded to the Nets. if you didn’t notice it was great for BSPN since it was all they were talking about. And I wasn’t saying I had sources or that I know. You might need to work on you reading and comprehension
    Did I say Wood was the reason Harden was stay? No
    Did I say you needed to believe what I said? No
    Did I even said I had sources ? No
    Do I say this was a contending team? No
    But we are signing good players we need a backup C and a wing or pg backup. And we will see what Silas and his coaching staff can bring.

if you really thing Harden and Russ can’t work that’s you. I believe even if it’s not the best fit that they can work it out. They needed more ball movement, more players involved and less isos, more variety and more spacing. Wood will help Russ more since he can shoot 3s. And Harden & Russ can have a pnr player to throw lobs. We will see.

And like I’ve said I believe or feel they will both be in HOU at the beginning of the season. If anyone gets traded it would be Russ. The org might want to increase his value or see if things work out. So they have until the deadline to trade Russ. And Harden won’t be traded not this season maybe next season if things didn’t work.

17. HP3

HP3 Member

You guys gotta understand.....Russ was TRASH in the playoffs....like HOT GARBAGE. Giving him the ball more does not help us, it hurts us.

18. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

The amount of times I have had to read “he’s a former MVP so...” is truly troubling.

What he was is not what he is.

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

A lot of familiar faces in there. lol. And as always... Bobby Brown is close by.

D-rock likes this.
  20. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Logic over emotion would say to hold on to James Harden and not let him leave, as he's got two years left on his contract & he's totally crippled us in terms of rebuildable assets. James Harden isn't thinking "Man I can't believe they're going to be stuck with Russell Westbrook at 47mil for the next few years" or "Man I can't believe they had to give up a million first round picks in order to build around me." Nah, he's thinking "I've been special my entire life and things always end up working out for me, nothing will perpetually go against my grain"

You're right. The franchise is bigger than James Harden. That's why we need to force him to either play out his contract, or expand on his list of preferred destinations because he's already destroyed his trade value on his own.

fattz likes this.