1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Chron) Harden was working out with Christian Wood this offseason

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, Nov 21, 2020.

1. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

2. riko

riko Member

Harden virtually works out with the entire nba during the offseason. He loads up his private jet and plays pick up games in Los Angeles, Arizona, New York and Houston. That’s why he is a hooper

3. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Like I felt those rumors about Harden leaving were just noise. It was all smoke to hurt our free agency. I’m not saying Harden wasn’t upset and perhaps asked for a trade if the office were going to tear him and Russ like that.
    I believe like I have said Harden will be here and Russ too. They will see if things can fit better. They were exposed on the playoffs but we gotten good pieces. Maybe we can add Ersan, a center like cousins or mark ( he might want more money though) and a back up pg

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

That's why Harden is so good, he lives to hoop, probably has the best work ethic in the NBA

5. Ben Frank

Ben Frank Member

I wonder if Harden had CW on his " list of players you need to get for me to stay list.. o_O

6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Me for the last 24 hours:

[​IMG]

7. Reeko

Reeko Member

about 2 years ago I saw video of Harden playing with Wood at Rico Hines

sirjesse, Rudyc281 and D-rock like this.
  8. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

All the Cali players always hoop with each other.

Rudyc281 and D-rock like this.
  9. jowman

jowman Member

Wouldn’t be surprised if this factored into woods decision. He definitely could have gotten more elsewhere based on the way contracts were being thrown around on day 1.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

This is frickin AWESOME!!!!

I'm probably reading into this too much but I really love this.

Hope Harden was working out with more guys that we have our eye on.

Harden's dedication to hooping is crazy insane.

11. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Rockets Brass need to pay more attention to James Harden pickup games. Who fits well with Harden and is friends with Harden.

Get Donatas Montiejunas back, along with Anthony Bennett.

DaDakota likes this.
  12. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

At least the Rockets Owner and Front Office are More Motivated to Improve the Roster.

13. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

Man, how we gonna get 2nd hand rumors about Harden working out in the offseason with no vids???

macho GRANDE, csc177 and D-rock like this.
  14. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Huh?

Is this team as presently constructed a title contender? No. Harden wants to compete for a championship this season.

Harden and Russ don't fit. And they don't want to play together anymore either, not because they're not BFFs, but because their games don't mesh. You can't afford to have the best isolation player in the world getting doubled every other possession because your 2nd best player can't shoot a wide-open jumpshot.

If the Rockets could flip Russ into something that resembled a title contender, I MIGHT say you have some credence. But as it stands, If you think Christian Wood alone is changing Harden's mind, I've got a good deal on some real estate for you.

15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

You are suggesting we bring Harden his friends when his best friend wants out. Do you think that's wise?

ak99999 and D-rock like this.
  16. fattz

fattz Member

I think the Rockets need to do what is best for the Rockets. Stone needs to focus on the Rockets franchise not Harden’s emotions.

ak99999, Rudyc281 and D-rock like this.
  17. JW86

JW86 Member

Still, Harden’s leaks and him staying quiet is causing us to lose out on the likes of Jeff Green so he’s causing his own downfall. I’d say **** him to be honest.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Why not both?

Are you saying Stone is incompetent?

19. fattz

fattz Member

Not saying Stone is incompetent at all. I am say that the Franchise is far more important than emotions and should be run with logic, wouldn’t you agree? If Stone goal is a championship and Harden goal is a championship than it is both, wouldn’t you agree? Knowing there is only one championship each year.

20. csc177

csc177 Member

Lol “knows his game well”...give me a break. All for a headline....Wood is not the piece that makes JH say we’re a contender now; I’m staying!

I love the optimism though. But reports like this irritate me... sourcing a pickup game (where Wood could have just been in the gym and not even playing w/ harden)? Stop it Feigen.