1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BraBra, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Bearius Jones

Bearius Jones Member

Lakers are new BETTER team. They can still re-sign KCP. Avery Bradley didn't play in their championship run. Dwight was aight but not that big of a contributer. Schroder is better than current Rondo.

C: McGee, Harrell
    PF: Davis, Kuzma
    SF: LBJ
    SG: Matthews, THT
    PG Schroder, Caruso, Cook

Plus Lakers could possibly sign Cousins. Probably sign some ring chasing vets at vet minimum. They will fix their depth.

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I look forward to you posting about what your executive in the league tell you. Perhaps a new thread each time? The responses would be sooooo worth it.

-'Can we trust this guy? His name is Derp McFlopsky.'

-'People with mullets don't have good information.'

-'More fake Flopsky news.'

Os Trigonum and Dankstronaut like this.
  3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

EGo/Tuck Turner/McD. Who says NO?

joshuaao and Bearius Jones like this.
  4. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

I agree. I don’t see Harrell helping their spacing problem. Schroeder was a good pickup but overall they are not a better team like everyone says.

5. Bearius Jones

Bearius Jones Member

Not me. Throw in the 2 FRP and I think Pacers have to take the deal.

6. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

This season is the perfect opportunity to hold onto Harden/Russ/EG until we can sell high. There will be no or few fans in the seats and the Lakers are heavy favorites to repeat. If Stone is patient we can accumulate young talent and picks so the franchise can remain or become competitive quickly after the Harden era is over.

7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I think Gordon is gone. Rockets want to put a championship team together. He fit better with just Harden or Harden/CP3. Russ kind of kills his value because he strives with the ball in his hand going down hill. Bogdan Bogdonovic is literally the perfect addition. He’s a few years younger than Eric and fits well with the current team or if they move Harden for Simmons.

He slides in at starting three position as he’s longer than House. House becomes sixth man.

Kim and Rudyc281 like this.
  8. Spooner

Spooner Member

Rumor is Knicks want to move Randle after drafting Obi. They also have like no shooting guards.

EG for Randle works straight up. The trade wouldn't help us to sign someone else and we would probably have to attach at least a pick. So idk... I do like Randle though. Would be a young athletic front court.

IBTL, Dankstronaut and Mr.Scary like this.
  9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Bog needs the ball in his hands too.

If we bring in Bog, I’d like to see Russ going out.

10. treyk3

treyk3 Member

He is more of a creator than Gordon though. He and Russ would work very well together.

11. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

12. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Schroeder at this stage in their careers is a better player than Rondo, I definitely agree with that, but teams don't always need the better player. Rondo was a better fit. Had the playoff experience. They could have him guard Harden and he is a far superior passer and somehow he was shooting lights out. I don't think Shroeder makes them better. They basically lost all their guys who could defend James.

Dankstronaut likes this.
  13. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

This board loves wasting money so most here were on board

14. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Rondo is the pure definition of a big game player. He’s able to turn it on and always make the right pass. He’ll hit big time shots in playoff games like Draymond or Iggy. He’s definitely championship material and there is no doubting that. It will be interesting to see what he can teach Trey Young.

15. delta69er

delta69er Member

I was WAYYY more frustrated with how Rondo wrecked us with his defense and IQ in the playoffs than with how Schröder carved up our Defense. I think Schröder will equate to more regular season wins for the Lakers, however, he won't be as much of a difference maker during the playoffs as Rondo.

The Lakers didn't kick our ass in the playoffs by being an offensive juggernaut, they beat us with their defense (which led to easy buckets game after game), which Playoff Rondo was a big part of.

raining threes and Red.Glare like this.
  16. Bearius Jones

Bearius Jones Member

The Lakers still have LBJ to guard Harden in the playoffs. Probably not during the regular season. The newly re-signed KCP and Wesley Matthews will have to be up for the task.

C: McGee, Harrell
    PF: Davis, Kuzma
    SF: LBJ
    SG: KCP, Matthews
    PG: Schröder, Caruso, Cook
    Schroder gives the Lakers a higher ceiling as he is in his prime while Rondo is declining. Playoff Rondo was good but the likelihood he will sustain that level of play is not high.

Now the Lakers can be an offensive AND defensive juggernaut.

17. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Schroder just seems like a guy who's better of the bench. He thrives with the ball in his hand and when the offense is run through him. I'll gladly have him take possessions away from Lebron. If Lebron doesn't have the ball they are worse.

18. Le$$

Le$$ Member

[​IMG]

GET IR DONE STONE!!!

19. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

Pelicans aren't gonna trade for EG. They hate him there.

joshuaao likes this.
  20. Le$$

Le$$ Member

Really? Thought he was a free agent and left.