1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Shams Bomb] Rockets and Wizards discussed a Westbrook/Wall deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dr of Dunk, Nov 17, 2020.

1. clos4life

clos4life Member

Assumptions, assumptions, assumptions. Keep making them YOLO!

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

another thread that will age so well that I can bump added to the list

clos4life likes this.
  3. clos4life

clos4life Member

Please do so. Can't wait to see it!

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

Oh this is something I don't need to be reminded of. I have loved doing it

clos4life likes this.
  5. clos4life

clos4life Member

Looking forward to it.

6. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

E1722B41-AE63-403C-B48D-538886F0DC60.gif

YOLO likes this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

mikol13 likes this.
  8. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Westbrook + Gordon (or House) + 2FRP to LAC for George and Beverley. The Rockets would have several plus defenders, shooters and enough players who don't have to have the ball to be effective. If you can't pry George away from the Clippers, go for Ibaka. Ibaka and Wood frontcourt with a Harden and Westbrook backcourt would be competitive.

9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

What advanced stats say Jrue is better than Westbrook?
    VORP and OWS is all it looks like.

10. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I'm curious as to why you'd want this as their contracts are essentially the same ($150M over three seasons). Wall isn't significantly better in any aspect. He's a poor shooter and inefficient scorer: 32.4 3pt% and 51.9 TS% for his career. He's an average defender at best. While he is two years younger than Westbrook, he's ruptured his Achilles tendon which is a career-altering or ending injury and hasn't played in a year and a half. And it's not like he's a more mature, cerebral leader than Russ. He has his own character and bball IQ flaws. Without significant compensation, like Rui or a lottery pick, I wouldn't even entertain a swap of the two.

D-rock likes this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

he isn't a poor shooter. he's much improved now and very respectable. His IQ and decision making is much better than westbrick's. might be just a solid defender but it's still better. The only question is how he comes back from his injury which is a valid question but at this point it's a risk I would take. Especially for someone who doesn't want to be here and who was and still is a terrible fit from day 1. I doubt it's a straight swap. the assets in the package are ideal part as well.

12. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I don't think his shot is respectable. He's had one good season shooting the ball. Over his last three seasons he's shot 33% (608 sample size). He turns the ball over at a higher rate than Russ and has lower defensive win shares. Every time I've watched Washington he's reminded me of Russ. He's not a high bball IQ player like CP3 or Lowry, he takes a ton of shots with questionable selection. Even before his Achilles tear he missed 91 games in two seasons.

Maybe I misread your initial post, I thought you were saying Wall's contract was preferable to Russ' in itself. Washington would have to compensate us to take him, a straight swap would be disastrous.

raining threes, D-rock and cmoak1982 like this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

that's actually respectable and not westbrick/rubio defense where he isn't even guarded. Wash has been a much worse team than the teams Russ has been on. those attributes play along with it

I said earlier it's pick your poison between the two. I personally just prefer Wall based off being a better fit and yes the injury is a valid concern. If someone like westbrick doesn't want to be here, then by all means get out you won't be missed by a lot of people

14. icewill36

icewill36 Member

the clippers do not want westbrook.

D-rock likes this.
  15. Lloyd Estacio

Lloyd Estacio Member

Give us Avdija or Hachimura, future 1st with Wall and we are good

16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Westbrook, Gordon and House for Rozier, Batum and Zeller. Wonder if they would do it. They went all in with Hayward, what's there to lose? No way they will acquire impact players via FA or draft anymore.

Makes our cap situation perfect for rebuilding. Can become major players in next summer FA market.

17. bawanyh

bawanyh Member

I think they are waiving batum to make room for hayward. i think woj said it

D-rock and joshuaao like this.
  18. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

Nothing is going to the Hornets you can scratch them off.

I'm looking at the Wizards. Try and fill out the team and move away from Russ.

19. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

538 Raptor WAR

17th : Holiday
    137th : Westbrook

NBAmath TPA

47th : Holiday
    60th : Westbrook

20. paboy1984

paboy1984 Member

Russ will be with the team to start the season

raining threes and D-rock like this.