1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Christian Wood is a Rocket (UPDATE : Yes -- it's true)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Nov 20, 2020.

1. HP3

HP3 Member

Sure?

There are stats that say he was great for us though? PER is trash dont use it. Tucker was one of our highest rated players in net rating and STILL had the highest net rating vs the Lakers. Tucker also was second in RAPTOR https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2020-nba-player-ratings/ on our team. And Im willing to bet its the same with PIPM. The better stats favor Tucker. The only thing that doesnt favor him is BPM and wins shares. I think that RAPTOR and Net ratings do a better job here. Plus you can literally see how good PJ is, always important for us throughout the whole playoffs. He got gassed at game 4-5 in the Lakers series.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Christian Wood and Derrick Rose Destroyed James Harden and Clint Capela

I still remember this Game. Clint is way too Raw.

J Sizzle, OkayAyeReloaded and D-rock like this.
  3. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

I'm super glad we signed him and I'll walk back on some of the cheapness claims I've levied at Tilman. We're in the luxury tax for now and hard capped. I'm curious as to the direction the team will take going forward. Is Wood part of a complementary piece for Harden for the upcoming season or part of a rebuild? I'm not seeing great compensation for us with either a Harden or Westbrook trade yet so maybe we should roll with them both for now and see if we can boost trade value for Russ. Some team might be duped if he puts up a performance similar to the second half of last season. I'm still partial to blowing the team up.

4. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I was nodding my head in agreement until your last sentence.

5. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

6. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

If Harden stays. This will be the best big man he's played with. I'm anti Harden but this pick up actually has me pretty excited.

If Silas can bring more motion and versatility to the offense and Westbrook returns to form, this team with Wood at the 4/5 will be one of the best in the league.

7. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Donatas Montiejunas was the Last Talented, Skilled Big Man James Harden ever played with, which is sad.

Donatas needs to be back with the Rockets. James literally trusts Donatas with the Ball in the Low Post.

lnchan and hakeem94 like this.
  8. MIAGI99

MIAGI99 Member

That's up to one guy and his name ain't Silas.

9. BasketballMind

BasketballMind Contributing Member

You're more emotionally invested into the team than players are then. This is a business for them. I love Tucker and what he's done for the Rockets, and I believe he should have been rewarded for how outstanding he has played. Don't you? Surely he does. He's already publicly expressed frustration over not getting an extension. He still doesn't have it.

It could have a lot to do with him turning 36 in May.if the Rockets aren't giving him the security he needs because of his age (regardless of how great he's been) then what makes anyone think he won't want to seek this elsewhere? You just said yourself, he's the heart and soul of this team.

So sir I don't care how much you hate what I said, or how I said it. You're going to have to get over this too. If it makes you feel better, I don't want to see him go, but at his age, he's one injury away from not getting another decent contract in the NBA.

#629 BasketballMind, Nov 22, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
    daywalker02 likes this.
  10. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

You are correct the NBA is a business. It’s also why Iv detached my feelings from really all sports. It’s just entertainment at the end of the day and that’s how I look at it.

now that doesn’t mean I don’t want the rockets to do well and try and win a championship but I also realize you can’t get mad at the owner for trying to save/make money.

it’s just business.

if Tilman wants to spend money cool if he wants to save because he feels it’s best for a business he owns. That’s his choice.

the owners are greedy but the players are equally as greedy.

it’s also why I won’t ever get mad at a player taking more money to go to a bad team than stay and try and win for less.

everything is always about money when it comes to sports at the professional level.

lilbird20, hakeem94 and rockets1995 like this.
  11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

If Christian Wood is who we think he is, the Rockets could possibly be on the verge of having a "super team".

D-rock likes this.
  13. topfive

topfive CF OG

Two important sequences in that vid:

* At 1:20, Wood gets the rebound and brings the ball up court, spots Morris getting free in the opposite corner and hits him for a 3. It bears repeating: Our new center brings the ball up court and has the vision and awareness to catch one of the league's better defenders (PJ) napping and delivers a cross-court pass through 3 defenders to give his teammate an easy 3. I can't even imagine Capela doing this.

* Speaking of Capela, at 4:20 (heh), he moves into Wood in the paint with a hard shoulder that should've been called a foul. Wood gets knocked back a foot, yet still recovers quickly and gets the block. Pretty impressive.

#633 topfive, Nov 23, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    So Saith Red and D-rock like this.
  14. treyk3

treyk3 Member

It's been over 24 Hours and Wood has not appeared in Houston as of yet.

I wonder what kind of medicine we need to kick this thing into gear.

Do we need magazines?

[​IMG]

D-rock likes this.
  15. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Has the league made it official?
    Edit: I just read BimaThug's post. I believe the league might be yanking our chain. If it was LAL, it wouldn't be a problem.

D-rock likes this.
  17. treyk3

treyk3 Member

no, so I think we need to keep going at it until the Wood appears.

The older this deal gets, the longer it takes to get Wood.

D-rock likes this.
  18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

If only both of their stars actually wanted to be here. Until then...

19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

A) First you get Wood.
    B) Then worry about completion.

D-rock, Deckard and J Sizzle like this.
  20. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I believe it's being delayed in order to deprive Houston the chance of getting another useful signing.
    They might pull another Nene, and deny us the chance to get him. The implosion will begin soon afterwards.

D-rock likes this.