1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(OFFICIAL) NBA 2020 Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ThatBoyNick, Nov 19, 2020.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

$8.75M for Rockets legend De’Anthony Melton. Wow, good for him.

YOLO, robbie380 and Tristan_fiore like this.
  2. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Steal!

Fantasma Negro and DeBeards like this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

5. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Any word on Uncle Jeff? Pretty worried about losing him. This would be pretty devastating to the bench. Especially without Rivers here anymore.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is a bigger legend this year, now there is no summer league, nobody can steal his thunder.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

Good pick up here for Denver

Tristan_fiore likes this.
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Is this a year with a move more towards league parity? What contender has certainly gotten much better?

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

pelicans should be able to make a run at a bottom playoff seed. lakers upgraded. portland got much better. suns also playoff team. clippers lost some depth with trezz/green. I wonder how much that actually is going to impact them. denver is about the same. They just made a solid pickup with Jamychal Green

12. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Lakers have. Bucks I think improved but not as much as if they'd also got BB. Shame they missed on him.

Nuggets and Clippers got worse. Portland got better. Dallas has potential to be great if Zinger is healthy. Utah is Utah. Warriors no longer contenders with Kay out. Unsure what NOP is doing but they, Phoenix, Memphis and Sacramento are young and hungry for the playoffs. OKC drops out, Spurs are lingering.

East is wide open with Milwaukee, Philadelphia, Brooklyn, Boston, Toronto, Miami, and possibly Indiana all vying for the conference finals.

13. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

I wonder if this makes the Knicks more likely to trade for Westbrook, now that they missed out on FVV

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  14. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Lakers lol
    Mavs and Portland are a lot better to

Vivi likes this.
  15. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think Portland is the team that got clearly better so far, i know they weren't exctly a contender, but they might be now, Lakers got Harrell which is a pretty big upgrade from Dwight as today, at the same time i think in the playoffs a guy like Rondo (who could still resign with them though) outplays Schroder, and i'd also still take Danny Green over Matthews so, i don't know, but Trez probably will have a bigger impact then the other swaps. Clippers and Rockets lost something so far, same for Denver i'd say, but they're very young so, they might get better by just keeping the same guys around.

Mavs got also better like @ksny15 said, forgto about them.

16. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Wow he has a damn good agent. He’s just not worth that but right, good for him.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

Patience and Vivi like this.
  18. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Does everyone really believe the Lakers will be better for sure? So one team, who is already the champion is better and the rest are worse. Adding Schroder and Harrell will definitely improve their bench and offense, but aren't they losing a lot in Green/Rondo/Howard/Bradley and perhaps KCP. Of course, all of this is really flexible and hard to gauge when the main factors for winning are how well LeBron and AD play.

Anyhow, other than the Lakers (which I can see the point of them being better, but I think it's debatable), every other contender is either samish or worse, right? And the second tier contenders are maybe making moves up to the first tier.

Patience likes this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

they also added wes matthews. without question they upgraded. and several posts have just pointed out various teams got better

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member