1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BraBra, Nov 20, 2020.

1. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

If the Knicks strike out on their big names, I'd trade EG to them for basically anything. EG+Pistons first for a highly protected second.

2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Ever since EG won that 6th man, it's been all downhill for him and it only gets worse with age since he's injury prone.

Since Tilman really doesn't want to trade Harden to the 76ers, we can only hope he turns Christian Wood into an all-star this year.

Denovo and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  3. MC31B

MC31B Member

The guy is one attempt away at the Keto diet from being decent again.... Then midseason trade to a team that is desperate. Anything to get rid of that contract without losing more picks.

BigShasta likes this.
  4. Bearius Jones

Bearius Jones Member

Welp...

Is there anything else realistically that the Rockets could give the Pacers to somehow get Turner? The Rockets at least need to scoop Time Lord if the Celtics get Turner.

The Rockets NEED to make moves to compete. Lakers just added 6th Man of the Year Harrell AND Runner-up Schroder. That is ridiculous! Schroder was just lighting up the Rockets this past playoffs. Harrell will improve the Lakers bench production.

Rockets can't be content with just Christian Wood.

5. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Dunno. All I can tell you is what I see. Guys who can dribble drive and score on their own consistently are rare in the NBA. He is not a star but one of those guys in that tier just below. That’s not easy to come by.

IBTL, don grahamleone and D-rock like this.
  6. ThrillaNManilla

ThrillaNManilla Contributing Member

I made to mention of Gordon. I was only talking about Wood. Maybe re-read my post?

Even if he is a fake insider, and we have had too many to count on CF, why take the time out of your day to **** on them? Add something constructive, or if that is not an option than maybe just ignore the post. This seems like the adult thing to do.

7. ksny15

ksny15 Member

There is no way you can trade him at this point. We literally have no bench now with Jeff and Rivers gone.

HP3 likes this.
  8. jowman

jowman Member

Realistically the rockets can’t do much to catch the lakers on paper.

winning the offseason doesn’t necessarily mean winning the postseason tho. Gotta account for fit, injuries, lucky shooting etc. always got a punchers chance if you got top 5 talent on your team.

D-rock, HP3 and csnerd84 like this.
  9. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

The Rockets can still trade Eric Gordon. They could trade him for a starting caliber front court player or convince a team that still has cap space to take him so the team can spend the MLE on Ibaka, Millsap or Aron Baynes without being hard capped.

#109 DVauthrin, Nov 21, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  10. riko

riko Member

Brabra is pretty legit and I hope they do move Eric

sammy likes this.
  11. riko

riko Member

I’m torn. I want to see how Eric will look in a new offense that will have more slips off the ball to enable use his strength and athleticism as a cutter off the ball to become a target instead of just standing around as a catch and shoot player.Silas indicated in his presser he wants a lot more off the ball movement so that helps Eric and even House.

In a new offense where you will have more motion Eric can come off screens and have more variety with his shots instead just being a catch and shoot target.

Having said that if we can package him in a deal for a starting caliber small forward I’m all for it. Right now we are short at the three and 4 spot. Then use the MLE on Baynes

#111 riko, Nov 21, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  12. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Gordon has been on the trade block all his career-it seems. Yet, he’s still here! He’s like Herpes.

13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I've been asked by @ElPigto to speak it into existence.

Eric Gordon + the 2 FRP from the RoCo / Wood swap for Bogdan Bogdanovic in a SNT

Russ
    Harden/ McLeMore
    Bogdan /Nwaba
    Tucker / House
    Wood / Wooten

Those would be the guys currently under contract. I actually think that's a legit title contender.

DM'sVP, Bearius Jones and ElPigto like this.
  14. pass_to_Hakeem

Ohhhhhhh but they just signed a Wooten!

Lol Wood, might be all we get. Lord Fertitty walked out and gave permission to sign one player and said “make it count”..... then walked back to his chambers

15. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I've never mentioned this before but I have a second cousin, once removed, who was married to the third cousin of Tilman Fertita's uncle on his mother's side who confirmed to me yesterday that Eric Gordon is indeed being shopped around the league. I have no reason to doubt his connections or his sources.

Os Trigonum and D-rock like this.
  16. Bearius Jones

Bearius Jones Member

Turner would fit great with the Rockets and would be great big to help defend Anthony Davis. Rockets would have a good playoff rotation. Just would need a 2nd unit big and 3rd playmaker.
    Is Eric Gordon + 2 FRP a better package than Kyle Kuzma + KCP?

17. Bearius Jones

Bearius Jones Member

Is Wooten good enough to be the 1st big off the bench?
    Lol! Trading Eric Gordon and 2 FRP for Myles Turner would SAVE Tilman money so Lord Fertitty should be cool with that.

18. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

It would also make his team better in the short and long term.

Bearius Jones likes this.
  19. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Lakers have also lost a lot of depth. No more Rondo who destroyed us. No Dwight who was crucial against Jokic. No KCP, no Danny Green. Unsure about Avery Bradley. They are basically trotting out a new team.

Bearius Jones likes this.
  20. HP3

HP3 Member

Why do you guys want one more big so bad? That's not what we need? We need one more really good wing defender/scorere.

Man Clippers if you take PG for Russ, we are winning this whole thing.

don grahamleone likes this.