1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Eric Gordon

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BraBra, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Bearius Jones

Bearius Jones Member

HOU out: Eric Gordon, 2021 POR 1RP
    IND out: Myles Turner

C: Turner
    PF: Wood
    SF: Tucker, House, Nwaba
    SG: Harden, McLemore
    PG: Westbrook

2. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

This is a great way to get Buchanan to block Rafaels number

Pringles, joshuaao and daywalker02 like this.
  3. HP3

HP3 Member

My man this is short sighted. Yes I can compare them because Gorodn is still in his early thirties. He can still have a bounce back year.

Dude had exactly ONE bad year in Houston. He will bounce back.

If you care about keeping Harden and remaining competitive at all, you do not want him to be traded. Especially right now when his value is low, it would be absolutely stupid.

4. pass_to_Hakeem

I’d trade him and Gordon in a heartbeat. Gordon underperformed as usual and House wasn’t doing too bad and then got a case of the *dums*. Not that it would of mattered, but he’s proven to be selfish and not too bright.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  5. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Russell Westbrook, Eric Gordon, Danuel House all need to perform and strong season at least till All Star Break than trade them.

6. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

let him reestablish value if it’s low.

saleem likes this.
  7. Pringles

Pringles Member

Keep Gordan during the off-season. If he plays his ass off, trade him for a player that fits better.

xiki likes this.
  8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I will go with the George Hill trade.

https://tradenba.com/trades/8qW5ldnwG

Houston in: George Hill

x

Pelicans in: Eric Gordon

Trade saves the Rockets $7.3 million. Use on Tucker pay raise and Other players.

George Hill had a PER of 17.5 last season
    Eric Gordon had a PER of 10.3 last season.

Probably an upgrade for the Rockets.......but may come back to haunt us with Zion/ Steven Adams/ Eric Gordon.

Awhhhhhh lets do it!!

Rockets roster
    PG) Westbrook..............George Hill (46% 3P%) / Mason Jones (2-way)
    SG) Harden......................McLemore / Gerald Green
    SF) House.........................Nwaba / Jae’Sean Tate
    PF) Tucker........................Jeff Green
    C) C Wood........................FA (Baynes?)

waive Clemons or trade

#48 ApacheWarrior, Nov 21, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
    Pringles and DeBeards like this.
  9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

i say get him off the roster. this year it became clear that is injury issues are only going to get worse. Availability is an underrated skill. You can't pay that kind of money to a guy who is going to perennially miss half the season. I like EG, but you've got the missed games and then all of those bad games coming off injury; waiting for him to round into form. I don't want to pay to see that again.

If we think we are contending and there is no trade out there, then fine; he's Eric Gordon. Still a pretty good guy to have as depth. But you can't depend on him and for the money he's making i think we are better off clearing him from our books. Especially if we want the flexibility to pivot towards a rebuild.

saleem, joshuaao, daywalker02 and 2 others like this.
  10. Fantasma Negro

You try going without p***y for three months and see how you act. I wouldn’t trade House, dude outplays his contract. Fat Gordon on the other hand, is so inconsistent I can count how many times he's had a good game, on 18 mil smh. I would trade Fat Gordon for Al Farooq Aminu and Mo Bamba

11. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

How is it that Sam Presti can get assets in return for his "bad contracts" but we always end up attaching picks?

BHannes2BHonest, cmoak1982 and J.R. like this.
  12. mightybosstone

I really like Gordon, but after last season and given how much his shot has fallen off, I'd be totally fine moving him to help add another impact player or two. He's just not worth his contract anymore.

If they do move him, though, the Rockets are going to have a serious need for another playmaker and ball handler. Rivers is gone. There are no other guards on the roster I trust to be a secondary playmaker next to Harden or Westbrook or to take over for one of those guys if they miss time.

Gordon's shooting and defense can be replaced, I think. It's his skillset as a penetrator and ball handler that feel like the bigger loss.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Right?

Rockets stay selling low.

Chris Paul "sucks"! Trade him, even if it means attaching 4 picks!
    Westbrook "sucks"! Trade him, even if it means getting back worse players/contracts!
    Gordon coming off a terrible year. Trade him, even if it means attaching moar picks!

14. hakeemthagreat

He didn't have a bad year. He was a bad fit next to WB. When WB was out EG had great games

UTSA2step likes this.
  15. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

If they are all performing well the rockets might be the second best team in the west...might as well stand pat and make a run.

groovemachine likes this.
  16. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

He's on 17m a year, so that's probably the main reason why.

17. bmd

bmd Member

Unless a truly better player is offered in a trade, I think we should keep Eric Gordon.

Last year was an anomaly. He came into the season injured, then had surgery during the season, and tried to come back during the same season. He was never right all of last year.

But we know he’s a much better player and shooter than we saw last year. Again, he was injured. With a full off-season to get himself right, he should be able to return to the absolute sniper he has been during his whole stint in Houston.

After he came back from the surgery, he looked spry. He looked athletic and bouncy. His main issue was his shot was way off. He’s had time this off-season to get his shot right, and I think he will have a great bounce-back year.

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Replace Tate with Ryan Broekhoff and add Baynes. How can all this be accomplished by moving Eric Gordon? You're well aware that I like Eric, but he doesn't have the legs to play consistently well anymore, and he's a bad fit with Westy.

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Does any team have the cap room for EG plus Portland's 1st rounder in return for a future second round pick? Pure salary dump. How much cap room would Houston have after that? I want to sign Harkless and Baynes. Noel would all right with me, if Baynes isn't available. If Baynes and Jeff Green
    sign for the vet minimum, I would retain Eric Gordon. I know the chances of that are extremely low to say the least.
    @BimaThug

20. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Then get injured. Then back to sucking. Rinse and repeat