1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Christian Wood

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Nov 18, 2020.

1. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

The price. I don’t think much of him but it will go as slightly higher than rookie slightly lower than vet min I believe.

DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  2. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Not sure Harden is that altruistic, but sure. I'm betting he thinks he can win a ring easier in Brooklyn or Philly, all while getting the hell out of the West for once. But, maybe that's just me...

DeBeards and ApacheWarrior like this.
  3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

We still need Harkless, a true backup PG and another rebounder with size while retaining House in order to become a true contender. This is impossible without sending out EG and a pick at the least. Going over the LT is a must.

DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Nobody is being sent out for him.

D-rock likes this.
  5. saleem

How does that work? Please explain this to me.

6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

They expanded the Covington trade to include this. Like I had been saying, Stone was too smart to send Ariza and a pick to Detroit for what we got in return. He’s the king of manipulating the CBA. He’s smarter than anyone in the league when it comes to loop holes. The fact that he managed to keep it not leaked even though it was blatant is impressive.

7. saleem

Got it. Thanks.

8. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

No you are right. I mentioned Westbrook getting the Knicks to the playoffs single handedly and someone blasted me that
    they wouldn’t even be 8th seed. I told him outside of 76ers, Nets, Bucks, Celtics, Heat.......I don’t know if much teams will challenge. Raptors may be losing VanVleet, Ibaka, and Gasol.

I think the taxes in NY may have made Harden pause........his $41M would become $28M as he loses $13M in taxes.

Plus he always comes out with Harden volume shoes each year......best way to sell them is to actually play. Not nursing an arthroscopic knee post surgery.

BimaThug re-tweeting on B/R that Harden wants to contend and the Rockets might be right there with t
    he additions of:
    Wood, Nwaba, Tate, Jeff Green. Jazz probably bounced by Houston still 4-1; Nuggets poorer, OKC disintegrated....
    not sure about LAL, LAC but Harden is definitely on a contender.

D-rock and forchette49 like this.
  9. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yes, I’ve been saying from day one that EGo trade would give the Rockets some breathing room to sign these minimal players to fill out roster spots 8 thru 15.

Of course Westbrook brings back a lot more with his $41M salary. But Harden probably likes his Westbro on the team.

D-rock and saleem like this.
  10. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Didn't think about the taxes, but he should easily cover that with the extra endorsements living in NY. You could argue that Denver is going to contend going forward with Murray, and Portland finally has a seat at the table now with RoCo. Then both LA teams will be in the way the rest of his career, ugh, idk... PHX can now play spoiler as well.

saleem likes this.
  11. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Nuggets losing Jeramy Grant to Pistons
    Plumlee to Pistons

Milsap UFA
    Vonleh FA
    Torre Craig RFA

12. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Well here is the ”Jock Tax” info.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jock_tax

I’m sure endorsement money gets taxed heavily as well.

But the Rockets are under no obligation to trade him....so Harden has two options:

Play

or

Don’t play......scope the knee and clean it out. “Harden volume shoe” comes out while not playing.

I saw Curry and Klay commercials last season......I wonder if they sold the same or less because
    they weren’t playing? I don’t know. The tendency is if the athlete is playing, that tends to push the
    items being sold.

Sitting two years didn’t help MJ. And MJ was playing baseball and stayed active. Not sure Harden wants
    to waste age 31/32 and 33 sitting?

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets re-signed Jeff Green????

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  14. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Denver just signed JaMychal Green to a 2 year, 15 million dollar contract to replace some of the depth they lost at the four and five spots.

Tristan_fiore and DeBeards like this.
  15. DaneB

DaneB Member

Tillman should know that he has to go into luxury tax this year for Harden or Westbrook otherwise he is wasting their time.

DeBeards and saleem like this.
  16. saleem

Definitely, otherwise they will leave at once. Wood will demand to be traded as soon as it’s technically possible too.

17. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

The more I watch film and look closer at this guy I'm impressed.

He should develop his body and game like Anthony Davis.

His combine measurables, skills he's developing and body type are similar when Davis was a slim younger player.

Check out the Davis comparisons when he was drafted:

https://www.nba.com/celtics/draft/profile-christian-wood#:~:text=Christian Wood is a long,six fewer than Davis had.

And what's great is he complements both Westbrook and Harden. Spacing for Russ, lob threat and PnR for Harden.

He can even defend, block shots and rebound to give Tucker rest.

#577 OkayAyeReloaded, Nov 21, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
  18. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

But did he help the Clippers. I don’t think that matches Jerome Grant. It helps but they need more, IMO.

19. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Mutual interest. Safe to say they will. Once Austin Rivers signs somewhere or other cap holds come off the books.

https://rocketswire.usatoday.com/20...-to-try-to-re-sign-jeff-green-in-free-agency/

Since Gerald Green has been working out & trying to get back w/ Houston (mutual interest)......possibility of a re-sign.

What to do with McLemore then:
    Involved in trade?
    When does his non guaranteed contract become guaranteed?
    Partial amount of non guaranteed amount going against the books?

I’m guessing slimmer chance of Gerald signing than Jeff; but a chance.

D-rock, joshuaao and RustyHarden like this.
  20. Tristan_fiore

Tristan_fiore Member