1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Christian Wood is a Rocket (UPDATE : Yes -- it's true)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Nov 20, 2020.

1. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Morey gone.

Dacamel likes this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

I get that, but I really dont think he was worth trading Roco for if we are just gonna tank and trade Harden. We could have gotten better picks with Roco at the deadline.

D-rock and ksny15 like this.
  3. roslolian

roslolian Member

Capela is damaged goods with Plantar Fascitis. It is telling Hawks have him but got Okungwu lol.

I'm really high on Wood. He reminds me of Ryan Anderson but young, with a heart and unafraid to take contact.

4. cbs1507

cbs1507 Member

When Woj tweets it then it's official

5. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Have no idea how that pick could get any more heavily protected than it already was?

D-rock likes this.
  6. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I don’t think it was worth it even if we keep Harden. Especially if it comes at the expense of EG or PJ as well.

HP3 likes this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

8. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Umm I hope it turns out better for Wood than it did for Anderson here

D-rock likes this.
  9. roslolian

roslolian Member

What picks would be better than 25 yr old Christian Wood? Rebuilding teams wouldnt give up high lotto picks for Roco and contending teams would only have low picks cuz they are contenders. 16th from Detroit is pretty much what he would fetch and Wood is better than the average 16th in a draft.

Zen Tabak and D-rock like this.
  10. Spooner

Spooner Member

Detroit might have screwed themselves lol.

What is this GM doing? I like the Killian Hayes pick a lot and I liked the Houston #16 and Ariza trade for them. I thought maybe this new guy in Detroit is pretty good.

Then he reaches for a center at 16 lol. Proceeds to sign like 5 centers none of which are Christian Wood. After trading an expiring contract in Tony Snell and a prospect for Dedmon and then has to buy him out, stretch and cut him because he signed too many centers. WTF was that about???

And now this LOLOLOLOL

King1, clutchdabear, cbs1507 and 3 others like this.
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

Wood is better than Ryno. Because he is not just a 3ball shooter.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah thats cuz Scrubberson had no heart and avoided contact like a plague. If he wasnt such a mental midget he would have been the pefect complement to Harden...

13. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Can't wait to see the new banner outside of Toyota Center featuring Christian Wood and Chris Clemons - Welcome to the new era.

14. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Detroit went on a spending spree as if there was no tomorrow.

15. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I think Christian Wood has the potential to be a more impactful player than Clint Capela because he can rim run and shoot threes. The Blazers 2021 first is roughly equal to the Rockets 2020 first (perhaps slightly more valuable because 2021 is a much better draft class), and the Rockets either get another late first years from now, or an extra second-round pick (since they are adding a second-round pick to the previous Ariza trade). They could also use the Detroit pick in trades.

It’s not a bad value swap for the Rockets regardless of what happens with Harden.

16. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

My guess is that it turns into a second rounder quicker if nothing else. The way Detroit structured the protections originally was kind of dumb on their part because it could hamstring their ability to give up a first in future trades since the protections went out so far.

EDIT: I missed the post talking about this sort of, but my guess is they realized they screwed that up after the fact and fixed it with this leverage. But idk. Their approach the last few days has been really strange.

17. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

3 years, $41 million.

18. Spooner

Spooner Member

Its just so funny. To top it off Jerami Grant at 20 million a year LOL.

They still have Blake and their best prospect Sekou plays the same position.

I was looking at the Detroit forum and they are livid.

19. Spooner

Spooner Member

I've never seen Ryan Anderson block a shot in my life

20. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

At least they didn’t pay Joe Harris $19 million a year