1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Whats The Difference Between Collusion Talk And Counterfeit Votes Talk?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Nov 20, 2020.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@JayGoogle

Im arguing with five people. Don't have time to read a thesis thats no challenging my point

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Nope

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Bra, I haven't even posted in this thread I have no idea why you're tagging me.

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

My bad i thought yoir response asking if i read the post was about duvesea's long post

JayGoogle likes this.
  5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

He is obviously starved for attention.

AleksandarN and JayGoogle like this.
  6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trump was not accused of collusion

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

See post #28

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

If they expect to overturn a presidential election in which the challenger has already been named president-elect, they had better prove it in the media too. You can't say "sike, Biden's not gonna be president after all, we threw away your votes!" and expect people are just going to trust that the courts have adjudicated it all properly. He'd have to prove it in court and to the voting public or there will be violence. Heck, it's probably too late; there will be violence if he fails too because there are some numbnuts that believe him when he says the election was stolen.

Btw, you're a sucker if you think they're really going to prove anything in public or in the courts. They very obviously have nothing and are only trying to sow fear, uncertainty and doubt, hoping they can be the ones to rise from the ensuing chaos.

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

You can't investigate whether and to what degree Russia interfered with the US without also investigating the possibility of "collusion".

Especially when this happens:

“Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” Mr. Trump said, referring to emails Mrs. Clinton had deleted from the private account she had used when she was secretary of state. “I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”

As it turns out, that same day, the Russians — whether they had tuned in or not — made their first effort to break into the servers used by Mrs. Clinton’s personal office, according to a sweeping 29-page indictment unsealed Friday by the special counsel’s office that charged 12 Russians with election hacking.

But the primary purpose of the investigation was to delve into the nature and extent of Russia's interference. Undoubtedly, many (especially in the press) fantasized about Trump being charged with high crimes in the course of that investigation. Trump brought much of that on himself, with his wild accusations and courting of conspiracy theorists during the Obama administration, which he has continued to do throughout his failed presidency.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  10. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

You are a wasting everyone's time. You start a thread. All these folks, including me, putting in effort to explain this **** to you. You give the intellectual equivalent of "nuh uh" over and over.

counting down till you get upset and start calling everyone a dick rider

11. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Russia and Trump collusion wasn't yet interference was proven so apparently the opposite of your logic is true.

They didn't need collusion to prove interference. From the Russian standpoint colluding would still just be interference

12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

There is nothing to explain. Trump was investigated for collusion to steal the election.

A false claim

13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Very well put.

AleksandarN likes this.
  14. durvasa

The goal isn't to simply "prove interference". That's not useful. It is, as I said, to establish the extent and nature of the interference. That, necessarily, also entails investigating the communications between Trump officials and known Russian operatives.

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

So let me be clear

interference by itself isn't worth investigating?

16. durvasa

To be clear: a worthwhile investigation is not merely trying to establish that Russia attempted to interfere, but rather to uncover the extent and nature of that interference.

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

That doesn't justify accusing Trump in speculation. The only reason given for suspicion is the interference favored Trump

They only got 2 choices, favoring Trump isn't significant out of 2 choices

18. durvasa

No, that's not the only reason for suspicion. A number of other reasons have been referenced in this thread.

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Because people in his campaign did business in Russia?

I interviewed at the Russian State Owned Natural Gas Company on Louisiana St in downtown Houston TX before being laid off because of 2008 finacial collapse. Only company that gave me a second interview

RUSSIA DOES BUSINESS OUTSIDE OF RUSSIA

They supply 30% of Europe's natural gas. Are me Russia and conspiring to steal an election?

20. durvasa

No.

Here is a summary of activities mentioned in the Mueller report that are sufficient grounds to be "suspicious" that there was an inappropriate relationship between the Trump campaign and Russia:

https://www.justsecurity.org/63838/guide-to-the-mueller-reports-findings-on-collusion/

1. Trump was receptive to a Campaign national security adviser’s (George Papadopoulos) pursuit of a back channel to Putin.

2. Kremlin operatives provided the Campaign a preview of the Russian plan to distribute stolen emails.

3. The Trump Campaign chairman and deputy chairman (Paul Manafort and Rick Gates) knowingly shared internal polling data and information on battleground states with a Russian spy; and the Campaign chairman worked with the Russian spy on a pro-Russia “peace” plan for Ukraine.

4. The Trump Campaign chairman periodically shared internal polling data with the Russian spy with the expectation it would be shared with Putin-linked oligarch, Oleg Deripaska.

5. Trump Campaign chairman Manafort expected Trump’s winning the presidency would mean Deripaska would want to use Manafort to advance Deripaska’s interests in the United States and elsewhere.

6. Trump Tower meeting: (1) On receiving an email offering derogatory information on Clinton coming from a Russian government official, Donald Trump Jr. “appears to have accepted that offer;” (2) members of the Campaign discussed the Trump Tower meeting beforehand; (3) Donald Trump Jr. told the Russians during the meeting that Trump could revisit the issue of the Magnitsky Act if elected.

7. A Trump Campaign official told the Special Counsel he “felt obliged to object” to a GOP Platform change on Ukraine because it contradicted Trump’s wishes; however, the investigation did not establish that Gordon was directed by Trump.

8. Russian military hackers may have followed Trump’s July 27, 2016 public statement “Russia if you’re listening …” within hours by targeting Clinton’s personal office for the first time.

9. Trump requested campaign affiliates to get Clinton’s emails, which resulted in an individual apparently acting in coordination with the Campaign claiming to have successfully contacted Russian hackers.

10. The Trump Campaign—and Trump personally—appeared to have advanced knowledge of future WikiLeaks releases.

11. The Trump Campaign coordinated campaign-related public communications based on future WikiLeaks releases.

12. Michael Cohen, on behalf of the Trump Organization, brokered a secret deal for a Trump Tower Moscow project directly involving Putin’s inner circle, at least until June 2016.

13. During the presidential transition, Jared Kushner and Eric Prince engaged in secret back channel communications with Russian agents. (1) Kushner suggested to the Russian Ambassador that they use a secure communication line from within the Russian Embassy to speak with Russian Generals; and (2) Prince and Kushner’s friend Rick Gerson conducted secret back channel meetings with a Putin agent to develop a plan for U.S.-Russian relations.

14. During the presidential transition, in coordination with other members of the Transition Team, Michael Flynn spoke with the Russian Ambassador to prevent a tit for tat Russian response to the Obama administration’s imposition of sanctions for election interference; the Russians agreed not to retaliate saying they wanted a good relationship with the incoming administration.

Maybe all of that doesn't rise to "collusion" in your book. As Mueller himself said "collusion" is not a legal term and people can therefore differ on what it means. But it is certainly relevant to an investigation into Russian interference in our election.