1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Losing Harden is a blessing in disguise

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Nov 19, 2020.

1. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Disagree. The 2015 Warriors, 2019 Raptors, and 2020 Lakers don't win titles if Curry/Kawhi/Lebron were swapped with Harden.

And we had a championship caliber team in 2018.

2. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Lebron couldn't have won? lol

3. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

lol 2seed or WCF ? I'll take WCF.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I know people do not like to think luck is important.

If you swap with Harden, his tendency to fatigue and mentally check out would be put to the test.

That's his portion of luck if he can overcome it one year among many in his career.

Ramo$e and Crashlanded19 like this.
  5. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

the best part about committing to a full rebuild (which i'm not sure ownership is actually committed to) is that i don't have to pretend that i like our style of basketball anymore and i don't have to pretend that i like James Harden or Russ Westbrook anymore.

Give me a team of young PJ Tuckers! ;)

Ramo$e and Crashlanded19 like this.
  7. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

OP is like that dude from comedy central running into a group of angry MAGA hat fans that can't accept the fact about their fantasy finally coming to an end.

LOL

8. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Considering some of the supporting casts Harden has had here, it's amazing what he's accomplished in the Bestern conference: WCF with Dwight Coward, even when Dwight missed half the regular season (and 40% of his starting lineup was out for the entire playoffs); close to WCF with f*cking Eric Gordon and Ryan Anderson. Chris Paul was fantastic, but then we traded him for Westbroke's bum ass. The Rockets have wasted some amazing potential in most of the last several years of Harden's career and honestly don't deserve him.

All this to say I'd hold no grudges and totally understand if Harden wanted out right now (just like I held nothing against LeBron in 2010), but I also hope we can pull off a miracle, get him real help, and convince him to stay.

... And to say this thread is ridiculous. Don't let the pain of reality blind you from the truth. Harden has been nothing short of incredible for us, and we were #blessed to have him, even if we fell short of a title. He gave us a better shot than we ever could have hoped for immediately after that 2012 trade.

9. Caprah

Caprah Member

Says the jerry lin troll who still in lives in the lin sanity days haha how is yeremy rin doing these days?

Go yeremy. Haren store rins goroy

Ramo$e likes this.
  10. MystikArkitect

He's right though. Rockets are closer to a chip trading Harden for a bunch of 1sts than running it back.

He can't lead a team to a title. He can be the best player, but not the leader.

Tilman though will still be here.

11. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Harden “has never had that type of performance”. Please watch first round of the playoffs this year. Also Warriors series last year. Much like the media a lot of fans expect him to do everything and dominate every game. That’s not going to happen every game. Defenses adjust teams lock down in the playoffs. Yet Harden still put in great performances. The issue is how this team was constructed and the style we played (small ball, jacking 3s, lack of offense from 4, iso ball). You can’t just put everything on one man without understanding the sum of parts and the system that ran it. Remember lebron was criticized his whole career until that warriors series when they won. Was it justified?

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

Yes the city of houston is so blessed

losing the rockets best player that has kept this franchise relevant for nearly a decade. Only to sit back and wait for at least another decade to probably get a shot at another yearly mvp candidate like him. so much to look forward to

Fyreball and malakas like this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

not surprised u don’t understand

2 seed allowed us to have game 7 at home in the 2nd round...that was instrumental in us making the WCF...it was Harden who dragged us to the 2 seed

it was Harden that had a triple double in game 5 against LA which was an elimination game...it was Harden that had 31, 7, and 8 in game 7, also an elimination game

but because the supporting cast won game 6, they were so amazing that year...

u won’t post the supporting casts’ stats in that WCF against GS because your narrative would get posterized immediately

14. malakas

malakas Member

What kind of blessing in disguise?

Like for example a deadly pandemic that has killed millions of people already is a blessing in disguise to get rid of Trump?

That kind of blessing? Like a plague?

Because this is the only right analogy I can find for such..."blessing".

15. SkareKrow

SkareKrow Member

You guys cant keep saying we have weak supporting casts around Harden everytime we get bounced in the playoffs while also saying we are legit contenders.

16. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

LOL,

wonderful.

Where do you learn that 'skill' to make up ****?

From a laptop discovered in Ukraine or from QAnon?

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

the rockets were never legit ship contenders until cp3 arrived, giving harden his best sidekick he'll ever have here. It was also followed with his best supporting cast that same year. The very next year they gutted it, well because we all know why. Someone's cheap dumbass thought bottom of the barrel players could replicate rotational production. And it's continued to spiral. Here we are. About to lose him.

malakas and DVauthrin like this.
  18. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Losing a perennial MVP-caliber player in the NBA is never a blessing in disguise.

19. HardenVolumeOne

dont worry they're gonna find out real soon

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The simple fact that we had to wait 15 damn years (and that's WITH the T-Mac/Yao era) between Hakeem and Harden to get a star that was capable of winning MVPs and having us as legitimate title contenders every single year should tell you how "blessed" we should be feeling right now. Calling James Harden a generational talent still doesn't even feel like it's giving the man his due respect. Watching him in another uniform is going to send me into a world of PAIN. The statistics tell us that no matter how many picks we get, none of them will turn into another James Harden.