1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Losing Harden is a blessing in disguise

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Nov 19, 2020.

1. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

No argument here. Did anyone argue differently? Just replying to the statement that we "weren't contenders just because of Harden". No team is a contender due to only one player.

While Harden wasn't the only reason that we were a contender, he was certainly the biggest reason.

Nook likes this.
  2. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Klay Thompson. Harden and Brodie haven't missed significant games and this is why we should keep as is. GS Warriors is a weakened team, they aren't going to be the same. And this is why we should keep as is. Keep pushing it.

3. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

First we were irrelevant without him. Now it's Yao didn't do this or that. Yao made Rockets more relevant that Harden ever could globally. WE need a team. Not some selfish player that can't get over himself. We will better off once we move from this circus. NBA media hated us before Harden they will hate us after. Nothing changes. Harden DIDN"T CHANGE ANYTHING. I bet they don't even retire his number. Act like you know.

4. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

lol now that Harden [supposedly] wants out, the mental gymnastics among Rockets fans begin...

Harden has been nothing short of amazing for us, both regular season and playoffs (with a few notable exceptions that will disproportionately damage everyone's memory of him until he wins a title). Is he LeBron or Jordan? No, but how many people are? Why does he need to be to be a championship caliber player? Or to be a player worth your fandom? Take away Scott Foster or give Harden a decent second fiddle with a healthy hamstring, and Harden has a couple titles right now.

It's OK to admit that we're f*cked without Harden, barring a miracle trade/young development. Ish happens. We'll move on (hopefully with a new owner).

FrontRunner likes this.
  5. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Yawn.

6. Nook

Nook Member

James Harden has averaged 30/8/6/2/1 over the last 8 seasons as a Rocket.

Only 4 players in NBA history have a averaged 30 points over as long a period.

In his 8 seasons as a Rockets he has finished no worse than 8th in MVP voting and has finished in the top 5 a total of 6 times.

6 players have accomplished this level of consistency in NBA MVP voting.

His #1-2 comparison based on advanced numbers? Magic Johnson and Jerry West.

This year in the playoffs Harden averaged 30/8/6/2/1 with a EFG% of 57%.... all while being consistently doubled and tripled and while Westbrook stood around with his thumb up his ass.

OP doesn’t know her head from her ass.

The likelihood of the Rockets getting a player this good in the next 20 years is extremely low. Even over the next 50 years it is under 50%.

If Harden wants to leave because the organization is now garbage, I understand... but there is no silver lining.

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

LOUDER FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK.

FrontRunner likes this.
  8. riko

riko Member

Lebron missed the playoffs without AD

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

Tell me this isn't true for literally everyone in the entire NBA right now. There's no one singular player right now that can drag a team a title.

LeBron can't do it without a stacked roster. Kawhi can't. Durant can't. Curry can't.

Harden has never had a championship-level roster. On those championship teams, replace those players with Harden, and that team wins the title still.

10. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Every time I see this dumb thread I think of Carl Herrera saying “Blessing in the skies”

Y’all youngsters may not remember pre Harden era but picking 14 every year was the worst... a bunch of Marcus Morris type players ain’t gonna make you feel better ... keep this same energy then

YOLO likes this.
  11. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Looking forward to developing young players. This is the best part about losing Harden. We don't have to stroke his ego anymore. We can move in a single direction.

I don't know any other franchise willing to let a guy have the keys to the offense like Rockets did. Of course he's going to have insane averages. Every facet of the offense was ran and dictated by him, no one else. If a coach says anything he gets them fired.

Crashlanded19 and Rudyc281 like this.
  12. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

[​IMG]

This team looks pretty good.

13. Ben Frank

Ben Frank Member

I'm starting to come to reality.. I can't say it's a blessing, got to see what the return will be. Most of my Frustration is how bad I wanted KD to come to Houston, and he Curved us twice, then when he ask Harden to join his team, he's willing to give up on us "the fanbase" and run like a little girl for the "Durantchala"

My opinion now, do a 3 team trade, with Philly.. send him to Brooklyn, give us Simmons, Philly take what they want from BK and Hou, but I want like 8 years of draft picks and swaps from the Nets. I feel like Kyrie is injury prone and a Cancer, Harden is looking like a Cancer, and KD might not be the same and still risk chance of injury because of Age. Looks like a tragedy waiting to happen and we would own all there draft capital no protections

14. riko

riko Member

You can’t reason with someone as vindictive the OP. Blaming Paul’s injury Harden is a new low for even a long time harden hater like ashleym

Nook likes this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

pull up their stats in the WCF against GS...

16. Caesar

Caesar Member

I'm tired of disguises. Tilman needs to be transparent. We need a blessing in the skies.

vlaurelio likes this.
  17. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

For what? I know we lost. Where was our fearless leader? They wouldn't have even been there if it wasn't for the rest of the team.

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

to show how weak the supporting cast really was

I’m sorry, was there not also a game 5 and game 7 that we had to win as well? We don’t have a game 7 at home if not for Harden carrying us to the 2 seed. Try harder next time

Pandaemonaeon likes this.
  19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

that supporting cast coulnd't regardless who led them have been there for sure

but put lebron's supporting cast...

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

100% this.

Reeko likes this.