1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russell Westbrook wants out of Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Nov 11, 2020.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

https://www.si.com/nba/2020/11/20/2020-nba-free-agency-preview

Is there any market for Russell Westbrook?

Teams have been probing the Rockets about James Harden in recent days, though Houston has been reluctant to fully engage, per league sources. The Rockets will engage on Westbrook but interest for the All-Star guard has been lukewarm, at best. Houston has sent signals that it is not looking to just dump Westbrook’s contract—he has three years and $132 million left on the deal—which has further eroded the market. The Knicks have not engaged—Westbrook is not a priority for New York, per league sources—while Charlotte, another potential landing spot, just drafted LaMelo Ball.

It’s unlikely Houston deals Harden without having a landing spot for Westbrook, which could prove exceedingly difficult.

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

Fire Morey again

Rudyc281 likes this.
  3. treyk3

treyk3 Member

@J.R. you are in rare form lately, thanks for inscribing! Hope you're doing well, thanks for what you do.

4. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

Russ was involved with the Van Gundy interviews? This is a new wrinkle.

5. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Interesting... I will give Russ has better leadership qualities than harden.

but, his truth to Van Gundy was probably hey... we need James to play more off the ball. Lol

6. riko

riko Member

Russ is what in the army used to call K12 a breed of a pit bull ( tough SOB) and German Shepard ( loyal) . He will never be a guy who can get a team to a title but the man is a warrior

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

8. riko

riko Member

Gordon was a youngish star you could build around. Shame

Rudyc281 likes this.
  9. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

10. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

Westbrook for Gordon/Bamba? Anything else? Sounds like there is not much traction for any of these rumors yet but you have to think that a yearly lottery team/fringe playoff team will want to trade for Westbrook to be the lead dog. I can see him making a team like that a 4-7 seeded team in the East. Teams can not discredit the run that Westbrook had in January - March this year. Kind of sad that we all have to discredit that since Russ went back to his old ways in the playoffs and that is all any of us can remember.

joshuaao and Rudyc281 like this.
  11. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

We could revisit this later possibly

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

Build around? He’s not even a star. He’s just nice to have in exchange for trading Russ who has such low value.

13. riko

riko Member

He is not bad. He has plenty of potential.

14. Caesar

Caesar Member

I dont see any benefit of trading Russ for nothing. If Harden wants out for sure and Rockets still believe they can get Russ on the same page, just make a Harden trade that brings in the best package that also works around Russ and roll with him as our leader. At least he sets a foundation of passion and intensity to the game for our young players to learn from.

I'm just over it now. Rockets always get screwed by the media narrative. The media alone is trying to destroy their value. No interest or market for James Harden or Russell Westbrook while all these lesser players are bringing in great trades and AD goes to LA for a better haul than what apparently James freaking Harden can get us...just sick of it.

15. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I wouldn’t care if the incoming players are a perfect match with Russ. I’m taking Simmons and having two bad shooters and worrying about how to make it work later. Russ isn’t in the distant future plans for this team if Harden is gone. Russ and Simmons could still run a great two man game while they are surrounded by shooters.

Caesar likes this.
  16. finsraider

finsraider Member

this is all normal propaganda, for every franchise.

did you see all of that junk about the Celtics not liking Hardens personality...lol. They would trade both kidneys and go on dialysis for him.

We all know Westbrook isn’t worth near as much as Harden, but he’s still a guy that singlehandedly can get you in the playoffs...somebody will value that.

joshuaao and Caesar like this.
  17. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Sports reporting has gotten so bad smh... Next level of "reporting" will go like this,

"Stone drove to his office, did not have his usual coffee, source unsure why, odd happenings with team. Checked his emails, longer than usual. Indicates possible player packages discussed via email. Had his breakfast, took a ****, quicker than usual. Trade market stress has GM with the *****. Sources claim alerted family might work late, big move could happen tonight!!"

Caesar likes this.
  18. YOLO

YOLO Member

The current westbrick isn't getting a team to the playoffs singlehandedly

19. Caesar

Caesar Member

You're absolutely right. I know Russ has stunted some guys growth, namely Dipo and Schroeder which tbh is way overblown on Russ's negative impact. Look, it's only 2 more years. You stay relevant. You keep franchise prestige. He puts on a show...and who knows...for some reason players still love Russ and want to play with him. Just look at Kawhi and former teammate Playoff P wanting him badly. Maybe he gets someone to come here? I'm just saying he's now at that age where i wouldn't worry too much about him holding back a young players growth.

treyk3 likes this.
  20. finsraider

finsraider Member

in the East he would