1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Full MLE Targets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Matt78777, Nov 18, 2020.

1. finsraider

finsraider Member

Have Christian Wood agree to full MLE money, then work a SnT with Detroit to preserve the actual MLE.

Then use the MLE like this:

4 year minimum deal for Tate
    4 year minimum deal for Martin
    3 year $21 million deal for JaMychal Green

Westbrook / Gordon
    Harden / McLemore
    House / Nwaba
    Tucker / Green
    Wood

They need to get Green. Gives you a hedge for Tucker, which you need now that Covington is gone.

2. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

nah conley.....Hayward yes, cuz hayward looks more like a bad contract, fertits still need dolan as soul mate in the Est., the different is one adding bad contract, n the other dumping stars 2 at a time, lol

#142 DeBeards, Nov 19, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2020
    ApacheWarrior likes this.
  3. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Knicks wouldn’t even give up RJ and a 1st for Russ. You’re dreaming if you think this is remotely possible.

King1 and jamisonrocket like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Agree, if the point was to create a TPE and/or salary space, then why not move EGo - his salary was much larger and he is not a player that we could rebuild around.

Getting rid of the guy who never complains and does everything right is crap message to send.

JoeBarelyCares, DaneB and DeBeards like this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Why are Rockets so worried about Tate at this point, he is a Viper at most right now.

Rockets need height and length first, focus on potential starters.

DeBeards and saleem like this.
  6. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Sign and Trade Wood into your TPE with the Ariza trade and then See what DeMarcus Cousins talking about with the rest of your MLE early into the season. With Javale Magee opting in for the Lakers it’s between Dwight and Cousins for that spot. If I’m the Lakers I can’t say I would pick Cousins over Howard. Maybe even Ibaka could fit in here. These options would provide highly competitive starting five even in the west.

Starting 5
    Harden
    Russ
    Gordon/House
    Wood
    Cousins or Ibaka

Bench
    BMac
    Tucker
    Green
    Nwaba
    Gordon/House

7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

You really don't believe that do you ?

There's only one scenario now that Harden wants out and that's burn it down to the ground.

The salary cap floor is 98,226m ... Ferntits will spend 98,226,000.01 and not a cent more.

DeBeards, saleem and D-rock like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This.

If Harden is still here by training camp, then they'll look to pad his stats with scoring and triple doubles.

Then they trade him.

I am sure they keep him as long as they can though.

You'd save yourself another embarrassment in the playoffs with players having chemistry issues, hurt feelings.

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

True. Unfortunately, micro-ball has seeped into the psyche of the ownership and management in Houston.

10. saleem

No one wants to play for a dysfunctional team. Even the Hornets are starting to have a plan towards success. There is no dispute on the board that we're heading towards disaster, with no end in sight.

#150 saleem, Nov 20, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
    DeBeards likes this.
  11. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Most hypotheticals that I've seen assumes that it would take the $12M+ TPE to get him. To do that he'd likely be leaving money on the table from other suiters. You think he's going to take under $10M?

12. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yeah and the Bucks won’t give up Bledsoe and 3 firsts for Jrue Holliday. Knicks are capable of anything. Those crazies
    are capable of anything.

D-rock and DeBeards like this.
  13. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yes my best guess is that the Knicks didn’t want what some are saying may have been the best player in the draft Halliburton instead they will go wild in free agency.

Try and get either Teague or Dragic at $12M (or over pay) plus Hayward pay cut in free agency at about the same. They will still suck and Westbrook would have gotten them to the playoffs by himself.

#153 ApacheWarrior, Nov 20, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2020
    D-rock and DeBeards like this.
  14. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

SnT Wood
    Trade for AG Bamba
    Or Turner

Russ
    Harden
    ?
    AG
    Wood/Bamba

Russ
    Harden
    House
    Wood
    Turner

D-rock and treyk3 like this.
  15. saleem

It's possible Apache, but there is new management there now, which might be starting to turn the corner.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

This is kind of my hope too if Harden stays. If not

Russ /shake
    Eric
    Thybulle / Zhaire
    Simmons / house
    Wood

I know Russ and Simmons can’t shoot but everyone else can. Jimmy and Bam made it work. Russ will gain value and when the market is ready flip him for young allstar types. His market should be Holiday good atleast before he’s flipped.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  17. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

Hey dude even when talking about the illogical NY Knicks management…ya analysis is as logical as rocket scientist.

for me, talking about Newyo knicks…it goes like:
    [​IMG]

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  18. finsraider

finsraider Member

I posted this in another thread:

“One reason it could happen...very very few team have cap space.

Atlanta- $44M
    New York- $35M
    Charlotte- $19M

Those are all the teams that have over $9 million in cap space (ie more than the NTMLE).

Atlanta already has Capela, Collins, Okungwu and Labissiere.

New York already has Robinson, Randle and Obi Toppin.

Charlotte already has Zeller, PJ Washington and Vernon Carey.

So none of the teams that could sign Wood for more than us are likely looking to add to their front court.”

Another limiting factor I didn’t mention...Detroit only has early bird rights, so I believe he can only be signed and traded for about the NTMLE anyway.

it is possible another team could offload additional salary to one of Atlanta, New York, Charlotte or a team with a larger trade exception to create more space to offer a larger deal, but overall, this is NOT a good year to be a free agent.

raining threes, Corrosion and D-rock like this.
  19. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Just posted this in another thread lol.

We would have to flip Russ right away sorry value or no value.

And gordon will have to go too...we can go into the training camp with a whole new squad. And build from there.

20. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

and George Hill.

It was mostly a joke @saleem .....from me pushing trade involving disposable contracts of Payton, Ellington, Taj, Bobby Portis others with Knicks and then they dumped them.

I was joking with @D-rock about adjusting my trade proposal of the rest of the
    team. Me putting LoL at the end I thought gave it away. But someone else wanted to chime in and edumacate me.

No worries, glad to see you are still with us saleem. I feel your frustrations with this team. This too shall pass.

But you will have to tel me why Frank Nkitia is so high on your list D-rock. I have him as a shorter MCW bust.

D-rock likes this.