1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone ever taken an IQ test?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TimDuncanDonaut, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I passed with a 72.

Jontro and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  2. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Yes. I took one as a kid and another one in my early 20’s and my score was a bit higher as a kid. I killed a lot of brain cells in between and had a great time doing it.

no ragrets

3. Buck Turgidson

Now if yall want to get serious...

90's SAT math/verbal and ACT score

None of this "new SAT" 3-seashells ****

Jontro, TimDuncanDonaut and Blake like this.
  4. Exiled

Exiled Member

you don't need to take IQtest, its safe to say most would score 100.

if you hyped chiroquine/ hydroxychloroquine for covid treatment you loose 15 pt.

if you thought Daryl was a genius of GMs you loose another 15pt , so on and so forth & vice versa...

5. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Never took the ACT. My sister got a 1490 though on the SAT. I...did not fare as well as she did. Let’s just say that she went to Brown and I went to TCU!

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  6. CCorn

CCorn Member

My mother took one on Facebook that told her she has a genius level IQ.

She made sure to tell me.

No Worries, Jontro, Blatz and 2 others like this.
  7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

IQ test + psych eval are always interesting to read.

8. ATXNekko

ATXNekko Member

Results couldn't be determined as I drew outside of the lines.

9. Buck Turgidson

The Presidential Physical Fitness Exam is what got me into college

Xerobull likes this.
  10. TimDuncanDonaut

Hey man, the smart genes passes on to children.

Jontro likes this.
  11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

That mother****er has changed a LOT the past few years.

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

IQ test might be useful for working with someone with a mental handicap or something I suppose. In every day life though, people seem to take a very simplistic view of IQ scores, as though you can boil down the dynamic performance of a person's brain to one number. I'm unimpressed with famous people's purported high scores as well as those of my friends or whatever.

13. Buck Turgidson

I can still climb that ******* rope

14. SemisolidSnake

Never took one. Kind of don't want to.
    1410 on the SAT twice. I think 31 on the ACT twice. Time limit always killed me on those tests. Just wasn't a fast enough reader. My ex got a 1580 on the SAT. That was sobering when I first learned it.

Never took an IQ test. I'm not sure I'd want to. Not sure it would be as high as people might expect from me. And expectations would have be enormous because I just crushed everyone in academics until I got to college. And, even after a lot of rough spots there, I still managed to come out with one of the hardest degrees.

I also don't think it would say much about me even if I did have a high score. Intelligence is deceptive. Wisdom is much more important. I have the former in spades where I desperately need the latter, and the latter in spades where people think the former is important. All in all, it's what you do or don't do with it. There are people with way higher IQs than Elon Musk out there that haven't done anything. We just don't hear about them. And personally, being smart (based on the measures I've had available to me) hasn't brought me much success or happiness.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  15. Roscoe Arbuckle

I know you aren't aware, but SAT scores skewed vastly higher after 1992, IIRC? They dumbed down the test.

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

scoted 800 something on my sats. luckily jrotc got me to college

17. SemisolidSnake

Dunno. Everybody I know took them after that. I first took them in 7th grade in '97-'98 and I think I took one last crack at them my senior year. I probably could have done better if I'd studied for them at all, but test scores were just one of many prongs of attack on my college application, so I wasn't as concerned about pumping them higher. I'm just glad I took them before they added the stupid writing section and made it a 1/3 subjective test. Poor kids nowadays.

arkoe likes this.
  18. Roscoe Arbuckle

To be fair, I recall us going to Cancun in 1990. We asked a couple of guys older than us how much the SAT score and GPA meant. They laughed their asses off in front of us.

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

heard jerry lin scored somewhere north of 155. he's practically a scientist

20. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

I bought an IQ test in bookstore in my early 20s. The test was short and cheap. I took it and self graded it and got something like 135-140.

IIRC my score was about 10 points short of qualifying for MENSA. This info was from a drunk guy at a bar (again in my 20s) and I was drinking as well, so ...

I doubt the bookstore IQ test was all that rigorous, so I do not put that much faith into it.

I also vaguely recall that I took an IQ test in first grade. I remember my mom and teacher talking about it. I have no idea what the score was.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.