1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NEXT GEN Gaming Console, PS5 and Xbox Series X news/upates

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by noize, Mar 17, 2020.

1. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

If you have a PS5 and it freezes, do not unplug it. I've seen various reports online of issues, but it seems as long as you don't do that, I think you'll be fine.

I heard something about Spider-Man being linked to these issues, which seemed coincidental to me. But my PS5 locked up while shutting down after I played Spider-Man tonight. I just did a long press of the power button, and that seemed to work ok, though it scolded me for not shutting it down properly. I think I had the happen a few times on PS4, but it's not fun to have it happen on your new next gen console. Hopefully they fix the issues pretty quickly.

Drexlerfan22 and Yung-T like this.
  2. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

thanks for posting...i'll steer clear of spidey on PS5 for now.

you guys think ghost of tsushima will see a sale again soon? trying to hold out...maybe black friday?

3. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

That was happening to me on the Xbox One S when it first came out. It would freeze all the time. Hard reboots would not work. I had to do a two button combo thing to trigger a factory reset. Eventually the motherboard went out. I think that's what it was, can't remember right now. Xbox replaced it twice because the first replacement did the same thing right out of the box. Never thought about a certain game possibly causing it.

RC Cola likes this.
  4. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Hopefully. I plan to get the Spidey game at some point given that I never got it on PS4.

I did have a comparatively minor issue where Demon's Souls wouldn't start. I'd hit play and the splash screen would come up and just stay there forever. It didn't lock up the system though. I eventually just restarted the PS5 and then it worked again.

Oh, unrelated, but heads-up for PS5 users who don't want their save data automatically backed up: the way they tie the option to power/rest settings is downright deceptive (not intentionally, I'm quite certain). I had opted not to let my system stay connected to the internet while in rest, as I only planned to use it to charge controllers. Well, with the power settings like that, the system basically claims that auto-backup is disabled... if you go to auto-backup it says you need to adjust power settings to use it... but actually it's turned on by default anyway in the background. You must adjust the power settings to allow connection during rest, in order to disable auto-upload (which also must be done separately for PS4 and PS5) . Super-dumb. They also removed long-press for powering down for seemingly no reason. D-minus for UI. Hope they improve it. IMO their UI has gotten progressively worse going from PS3 to PS4 to PS5.

RC Cola likes this.
  5. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I had that exact issue happen as well. I think I even launched another game (Astro's Playroom I think?), which worked fine, but Demon's Souls would still stay stuck on the splash screen. And like you, I just restarted it and it worked fine. Only happened once, but interesting that this exact thing happened to multiple people (I saw some others report something similar too). Seems to be specific to Demon's Souls too, as I haven't heard similar issues for other games.

Oh well, more time for BUGSNAX!

Drexlerfan22 likes this.
  6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

PS does sales constantly, you should definitely see it on sale Black Friday or before Christmas.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Man.... SO close. Sigh.

boomboom and tinman like this.
  8. Genesis

Genesis Contributing Member

Had it in my cart as well, but keep getting that north pole site getting slammed message.

boomboom likes this.
  9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i had it in the cart, but walmart didn't let me check out

boomboom likes this.
  10. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I keep missing PS Direct's queue, man. ****. I mean, I get in, but too late in the game.

Poloshirtbandit and boomboom like this.
  11. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

I had it in my cart and was able to purchase and go through all of the shipping and payment screens. Received an email from Walmart that I was scheduled to receive it on December 2nd. A second email came through at the same exact time that said my order was cancelled. FML

Walmart be trollin'!!!

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Man, that's about as bad as it gets. Geez.

boomboom likes this.
  13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

14. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

microsoft black friday deals started...titanfall 2 worth 4 bucks?

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Takes around 4-6 hrs to beat it, so yes.

16. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

yeah i've heard it was pretty underrated...fun campaign...MP is still fairly active

tinman likes this.
  17. Genesis

Genesis Contributing Member

There are so many bots out there, don't think we getting one till after Christmas. Good luck fellas!

18. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

One of the funner campaigns Ive played in a while.

19. MystikArkitect

This has been the worst launch of any console I can remember. I feel genuinely bad for people trying to beat the bots to get either of these consoles.

Ziggy and Yung-T like this.
  20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Might as well release a batch on SNKRS app. If you know, you know.