1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KOC: "I've been told Morey would offer Ben Simmons plus more"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Nov 17, 2020.

1. riko

riko Member

That works in theory but you are dealing with huge egos . Plus a jackass like Tilman will eventually run everyone the wrong way. Morey lied his way out of town and Mike quit.

Harden and Russ leaving was always on the cards.

Roxfan4lyfe likes this.
  2. ThrillaNManilla

ThrillaNManilla Contributing Member

I must have written something wrong. I meant that I thought Cod has posted recently. Not about Harden, but just in general!

3. ThrillaNManilla

Bro, What a shitshow. Like we have talked about, we should still not sell low on him! He is our only asset that is worth a damn. We gotta get that 80 cents on the dolla' like you mentioned.

4. riko

riko Member

Tillman’s lack of people skill and just sheer common decency

D-rock likes this.
  5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

And I do pay attention to them. But Halley's Comet passes by more often than ch44, cyberx seems like he has a life outside of this forum, and Nook is a great poster full of wisdom and common sense but maybe not an "insider". Not along the lines of brabra, jopat "bobbythegreat" "basketballholic", um...

I did have my own moment as a so-called insider, but it was only to relay that C-Webb, according to a teammate, was not at all interested in Houston. Wow, does THAT go back! Worthless, I know.

D-rock and ksny15 like this.
  6. ThrillaNManilla

Bro, I am just going to go back to lurking and having a few cervezas. I have enjoyed the back in forth with you and other members of CF, but the more I talk about it, the bleaker the situations becomes a reality. If only Colombia had better beer, I will enjoy sitting back and reading posts! Thank your for your respectful conversation. I have enjoyed it. I will probably get back online to post after too may Club Colombias. Salud, mi amigo.

D-rock and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  7. jdiggidy

jdiggidy Member

Again, beating a dead horse but Brooklyn and Philly need to do more on their ends to obtain more quality assets before we can even consider a deal.

When it comes to a player like Harden you have to ask yourself do you want two (top 10 first round picks) or five (mid to late first round picks).

More is not always better.
    Salary dump + 2 to 3 top level first round picks + good young player + 1 or 2 solid rotation players = James Harden

Rafa already got two first round picks for Roco so those teams need to get more creative.

8. ksny15

ksny15 Member

**** lol whatever happened to Holic??? I totally forgot about that guy

9. ThrillaNManilla

He doesn't care about people at all. I had friends who worked at his restaurants, and they told me terrible stories about Tilman. He doesn't care about having interpersonal skills. I have been a fan since Barkley came here (I was like 12), so I missed out on the golden era of the Rockets, but I stayed a very loyal fan even after the idiot CB left. I am now 33 and my dedication to this team has never waivered, but Tiltities is making it very hard to be invested in this team when I know it is all about the money. I am going to crack open a crappy Colombian beer and pour out a bit for this dead organization. jaja.

D-rock likes this.
  10. ThrillaNManilla

At the beginning it was two REAL first round picks, now things have changed since the Detroit trade. We can expect to get on legit FRP from Portland and probably two seconds from Detroit. The pick protections from Detroit make is almost impossible to expect to get a FRP from them.

jdiggidy likes this.
  11. RoxDaBeard

RoxDaBeard Member

If it;s true he's just as petty and his boy, Trump.

D-rock likes this.
  12. Vivi

Vivi Member

My opinion is that Boston, while a pretty good team, as today is not good enough to win so, i can see why they would want to make a big move in order to get the best player in the league, at the same time i do wonder if and how Harden would fit in that enviroment, on paper it doesn't look a perfect fit to me, but that might be just overthink. I mean, Ainge traded for Irving afterall...

As for us yeah, our roster looks bad, and what remains is really old so, that's the main reason why i would welcome a rebuild. I get the player recognition stuff, but Harden wants out, fans might not even be at games anytime soon so, who cares i'd say. rebuilding around some really good young player can be exciting too if you it right, and getting two guys like Brown and Collins would be a move in the right direction, 100%.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  13. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'd still trade Russ and Gordon at that point, Knicks especially, they didn't draft a pg yesterday so, i guess they could be on board with Westbrook, probably not Gordon (maybe the Warriors would take him now), take back at least an interesting young player, whether it's Mitchell Robinson or Knox, Ntilikina, i'd be fine with that, we would clear a ton of cap space too in order to absorb bad contracts and picks, a rebuild could be much faster in a similar scenario.

D-rock and treyk3 like this.
  14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Fwiw, i absolutely love Collins and i wouldn't trade him if i'm Atlanta. But Collins already refused an offer from Atlanta, pretty sure i read that somewhere, he likely wants a max or a lot of money anyway, he also got suspended last season right? Now i don't remember why...regardless, i think it might not be a coincidence the Hawks made these moves in a year:

- drafted Hunter and Reddish (Hunter is the stretch 4)
    - traded for Capela on a 4/5 year deal
    - drafted Okongwu

And apparently (according to the Hawks insider) they want to resign Labissierre too.

So, they clearly have a lot of 4s there, i'm not saying they're absolutely moving Collins, but it definitely look like they are well prepared to replace him.

D-rock likes this.
  15. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think i kinda answer to both your questions in the previous posts, but without forcing you to read yeah, i actually had the same thought as you about Harden in Boston, on paper it doesn't look like a great fit with what they have done recently, then again, Ainge also traded for Irving which is not even close to be as good as Harden, and not exactly a good piece in terms of chemistry in and off the court so...

As for Collins same thing, i wouldn't move him if i'm Atlanta, but if they want Hayward, they might want to simply save some money going forward and replace Collins with a lower usage player that fits better with Capela so, more of a stretch 4 (Hunter).

16. Vivi

Vivi Member

How about we get Wiseman and the Worriers get Gordon plus Smart and picks? They have no leverage, aging stars that are going to embarass themselves (again) if they agree to sit out another season cause they're scared of playing without one guy, **** the Warriors, they have no leverage to ask for a guy like Brown.

Lloyd Estacio likes this.
  17. Eleazucena

Eleazucena Member

Harden for Simmons plus 8 picks
    I’d do it

D-rock likes this.
  18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Yet, season after season CF lamented that a system based on 3 point shooting required better shooters.

Cannot make a cake without breaking some eggs.

At least Morey has a vision and a consistent philosophy that is related to winning basketball.

That is much more than Stone or Tilman have. Their moves have been chaotic and financially motivated.

ElPigto likes this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Why do you keep pushing this Lakers angle?

You've repeated this multiple times now.

20. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Because it's Klutch and everyone thinks that every Klutch client will end up in LA.

It's a silly narrative and if that agency ever wants any respect in the NBA (not just as a LeBron factory) they have to start allowing smaller market teams to have a chance at their players. It will literally kill the league if they keep pushing guys only to big markets. They are building and growing, I do not believe they have this bias only towards NY and LA at this point. They want their clients to get the most money wherever it may be.

D-rock likes this.