1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Can Be Great

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaneB, Apr 18, 2004.

1. DaneB

DaneB Member

I just gotta say that watching the Rockets tonight, they looked great. I think Bill Walton hit the nail on the head when he said that a lot of the players on the Rockets are gunners and are just looking for shots for themselves. If you notice all the other great teams in the NBA, they have a team full of players that know how to create for others. We have phenomenal defense, its just a matter of getting a team setup so that we can 1. keep TOs to a minimum and 2.create for others...if we can do these two and at the same time keep up our D then we will have a GREAT team.

2. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

From what I've seen it looks like we had that game last night. My question is, will turnovers forever plague us?

3. Rheologist

Rheologist Member

Turnovers will not go away with SF and Mobely on the team. That is the outcome of their play style.

4. Summer Song Giver

I'm gonna predict a game two win here, LA will think they can just show up and beat us like they did tonight whereas Houston learned tonight that they belong here and after the jitters wore off this is just another basketball game and one they can win.

5. big11

big11 Contributing Member

I'm feeling the same way. Last night's game definitely light a fire under our guy's belly. They are going to want more and come out firing the next game. We just need to cut down the TOs IMHO.

6. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

I think last nights game was the one chance the Rox had at stealing one at Staples Center. The lakers will beat the Rox easily tomorrow. I look for the Rox to pickup both games at home though and lose in game 6. Of course I hope they can somehow win the sswing game 5, if they do then all bets are off :D

7. Summer Song Giver

That and a little YaOffense would be nice :)

8. big11

True. However, I will be suprised if Yao can score more than 20 points in this series since I'm afraid Shaq is going to show Yao what's TMD really mean in the next few games.

9. big11

I intended to say 20 points a game...

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

They'll be down 3-1. They aren't playing smart playoff basketball. Kobe didn't take a lot of shots, and the Rockets got by on intense defense with the Lakers missing some open shots.

11. J DIDDY

J DIDDY Member

I find your lack of faith very disturbing.

12. ths balla

ths balla Member

we had 20+ turnovers and played the ugliest basketball i have seen the rockets play, and we only lost by one. at their best the rockets can take the fakers, if we win tommorow we'll win the series in six;)

13. TBar

TBar Contributing Member

I will be proud and pleased if we can win even one game. We missed the golden opportunity in the 1st game. the Lakers will be prepared for game 2.

Van Gundy seems to take no resposibility for creating offensive flow - as everything bad gets blamed on Steve and Cat. If we win Van Gundy, not Steve will get credit. If we lose - Stve will get the blame.....

14. jello77

jello77 Contributing Member

kobe didnt take a lot of shots? its true that he didnt MAKE alot of them(4), but he took 19 of em, which is, by all counts, a whole lot of shots.

15. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

Turnovers plague us because we do not have good team players and passers. Our guards are suppose to protect the ball and initiate the offense, but they are use to initiating themselves in isolation plays.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I been saying this all year.
    his first speeches here just diverted all blame
    for past rocket failures squarely on the players
    seems like steve in particular

Rocket River

17. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

The Rockets need to quit wishing they be great and go out and get the parts that can make them great.

18. kbourda

kbourda Member

All the parts are there. Greatness can become a learned trait.

19. big11

Please don't be. I'm only to think like that bcause this is only the second year Yao plays the game and his first playoff series. When Shaq brings his A+ game in defending Yao, it is very difficult for him to score 20 points.

20. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

[​IMG]