1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Election Day 2020

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Master Baiter, Nov 3, 2020.

1. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

What's racist about him as a pirate?

And Kwame is a real criminal and went to jail.

2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

I thought this but him personally calling those 2 in Michigan makes me think he is hella desperate.

Will be interesting to see what happens now.

3. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

And democracy died a little bit.

Don't get me wrong, he would take the win in a heartbeat. But his main aim is his image knowing well that he has very little chance of stealing this election. It's very much in his nature to call them. To cheat, to lie, to steal.

IBTL and Hakeemtheking like this.
  4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Let this not be an illusion to anyone - if Republicans could plausibly get away with overturning votes they absolutely can and would. They would install Dictator President Trump. All of them.

superfob, IBTL, Reeko and 6 others like this.
  5. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Of course, they would. Not all of them, but enough of them. Not an illusion at all. What's the chances of that happening?

jiggyfly likes this.
  6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

8. NewRoxFan

9. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

This is undue influence. Trump is not only the Potus, but also a party who would directly benefit depending on that particular elector's decision. I don't know if that phone call is illegal (content unknown), but it's certainly unethical. Trump is risking a second impeachment proceeding if keep this up.

I think most reasonable people know or have an opinion that Trump is a shady character at best. The surprise here is that a LOT of people voted for him despite knowing that character trait.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

All of them. I mean, does Mitt Romney get a medal for a couple of weak-sauce tweets?

If it were down to one state that they could plausibly steal he'd be more than happy to install Trump again.

Remember, he voted to convict Trump. He also voted to acquit him of a charge. LOL.

Ubiquitin likes this.
  11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I was thinking of GA SoS

Ubiquitin likes this.
  12. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

How on earth can conservatives who held their nose to vote for this man continue to condone this?

At this point, he should be impeached again by the House. Put GOP senators on the ****ing record about this conduct via their votes. He is openly tampering with an election and attempting to overturn the will of the people in Michigan, Wisconsin and Georgia.

Hakeemtheking and Ubiquitin like this.
  13. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

To own the libs. They’d install Trump as dictator for life to own the libs.

jiggyfly likes this.
  14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Impeach TRUMP again, it is time to distract him with another impeachment battle.

DD

15. NewRoxFan

16. Agent94

Agent94 Member

Cheat, lie and steal - that reminds me of this video I just watched. Its has nothing to do with politics. Its about how Trump cheats at golf and is funny and illuminating. He ALWAYS cheats. On the rare occasion when someone calls him out for cheating, he has a go to line:

"I cheat on my wives, I cheat on my taxes, you don't think I'm going to cheat at golf."

His default behavior is to lie and cheat to make himself look better.

Amiga and Hakeemtheking like this.
  17. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

18. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

It was a good video thanks for posting. Now I know where you get all the gulag references from.

DonnyMost likes this.
  19. NewRoxFan

20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/18/us/politics/michigan-election-results.html

These sorts of inconsistencies can happen if, for instance, a voter checks in but then gets frustrated by a long line and leaves. They were nowhere near significant enough in Wayne County, or anywhere else in Michigan, to change President-elect Joseph R. Biden Jr.’s victory — Mayor Mike Duggan of Detroit said they involved just 357 votes out of about 250,000 cast in the city — and canvassing boards routinely certify election results under similar circumstances.​

So, 90% of 250,000 votes cast in Detroit are for Biden, but because there's a count discrepancy of 357 ballots the Trump legal team is arguing the Detroit votes should be thrown out. And apparently a majority of Republicans think this is a sensible argument.

Who's to say that Republican activists didn't manufacture the discrepancies by checking in at polling venues and not voting, as a strategy to get Detroit's vote count to not be certified? That purely speculative argument is no less legitimate than what the Trump team is alleging, and is actually (to me) far more plausible.