1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden left because Tillman supported Trump [FOX News]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by backwardhead, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

It wasn't an issue before, but that's before "Free HK", George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor, and the overall discussion of player's rights and their role in social activism. It wouldn't be surprising in the least bit if Mr. Shut Up and Listen was also Mr. Shut Up and Dribble behind closed (and open) doors.

With that being said, I do think the Fox News clickbait is just more Rage p*rn for Trump's base, and is a way for them to foam at the mouth about the thugs that play basketball.

2. topfive

topfive CF OG

Yep. You're not going to get a "Conservative NBA Owner Chases Away Superstar by Refusing to Spend Money" story from FOX.

Ramo$e likes this.
  3. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

Both Westbrook and Harden are unhappy with Tillman’s politics. Westbrook is a player-leader and was one of the players ready to call the season off after George Floyd.

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

This article is just a repost of someone else's article before and sensationalizing it

I think a lot of factors such as being cheap, being a meddling *******, driving away Morey and Dantoni play 90 percent of why Harden might leave.

Being a trump supporter doesn't help, but it's not a main driving force or else the issue would have came up earlier

5. malakas

malakas Member

Let me remind everyone that CHI is an insider who has posted real info in the past multiple times.

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

edwardc, Ramo$e and malakas like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Mentally..... Arguable.

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Harden left handed because Tillman supported Trump [FOX News]
    ________

Interesting I didn't know that.

9. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

The vast majority of billionaire sports team owners are Republican, sorry James.

edwardc and Ramo$e like this.
  10. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

TMZ ran this as schadenfreude for their audience click bait initially and Fox ran it as get their audience mad click bait. Bucher (not super reliable these days) is kind of coy about directly linking Trump support to Harden's dissatisfaction with the way he says it.

I think it's possible some in the organization don't like Tilman supporting Trump and maybe that's a partial contributor in this current dysfunction. But based on everything we know about James it's extremely unlikely he cares about that much or at all. I could possibly see it a little more with Russ.

Ramo$e likes this.
  11. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

I get all that. I don't know.....I'm just guessing but I assume Tilman is not the first owner or the only owner to donate to Trump.

daywalker02 likes this.
  12. ksny15

ksny15 Member

And they think the relationship is salvageable

13. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

There are a lot of knuckleheads in the comment section on that link.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

True, but players and athletes are partly owned by teams until their contracts run out.

I guess Harden still has 2 or 3 years left, you do not have to trade him.

Ramo$e likes this.
  15. riko

riko Member

Tilman operates under the premises of spend less to have a larger profit margin. The less you spend the chances of you losing money are increased.

He sees the Rockets like another one of his restaurant chains.Just milk what you have till it runs dry. No refurbishment because it will cost to much and eats into my profits.This guy is toxic.

16. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Truth. So far, this has been reported by Fox News and the NY Post, two politically conservative ‘news’ sources that each have an interest in pushing this particular sort of narrative.

17. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

agreed , but also there’s a % chance Tilman is telling his buddies this story

18. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Yeah, he would have the same kind of interest in doing that.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  19. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

“you see I’m a great owner who wants to spend , look at how much I offered him! The left is just making everyone crazy”

not to get too political , but for all the trump people calling the democrats snowflakes ... there are some real snowflakes on that side too.

I also just think , in general , you can’t trust anything out of Tilman’s mouth .

20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Exactly. If Harden was so political and hated Trump, why was he wearing that blue lives/back the blue face mask? I have doubts that he cares that deeply about political agendas. I wouldn't blame him if he did though.

Rich people usually donate to both campaigns because they need the winner to lend them an ear from time to time. TF has def donated to Trump, but he donated to the DNC 4 years ago too.

Ramo$e likes this.