1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KOC: "I've been told Morey would offer Ben Simmons plus more"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Nov 17, 2020.

1. SKYGODZ187

SKYGODZ187 Member

Radio Philly its on XM

They also think Russ is headed to the Hornets for there pick 3 Tatum and I cant remember his name but he is a SF. If Ball goes before 3

Vivi likes this.
  2. Juxtaposed Jolt

Westbrook for the 3rd overall pick and Batum?

Wow, Rockets need to jump on that right now.

D-rock, cmoak1982 and OmegaSupreme like this.
  3. riko

riko Member

Woj on Sports center believes the Sixers will build around Simmons and Joel.

D-rock likes this.
  4. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

I was averse to trading Harden but I am ok with it now because of our dire position in terms of finances and future outlook. I am ok with the nets deal if it comes with those three players and draft picks. I also want joe harris sign and trade in the deal. We should ask very high. I would not be surprised if and would be intrigued to see westbrook surrounded by these players. At least we have a fun and decent team to watch and grow together. Even if russ is shipped off it allows maneuvering for 2021 and the future. Every good thing comes to an end i suppose. But i say this. To all you haters and complainers about harden you are fools. When the man leaves you will be missing him. He is our Kobe. Our MJ. I love james harden and what he has done for the team and the city.

clos4life and Jayzers_100 like this.
  5. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

That’s what I said earlier based on Morey’s moves to get Lavine and Hield. It’s looking that way.

D-rock likes this.
  6. ksny15

ksny15 Member

No star player will sign with The Rockets with this guy. This is going to be a long long ride.

thedreamsteam and D-rock like this.
  7. riko

riko Member

It’s either the Celtics giving us something like Kemba, Brown and picks or the Garbage the Nets are offering

D-rock likes this.
  8. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

There is some possibly positive news for rockets fan that was reported by KOC on the ringer draft post show tonight.

Patrick fertita wunderkund and important figure in the rockets front office has apparently been liking tweets that his father is a businessman first and will make the best deal possible etc (re: Morey).

One of which was made by clutchfans about not making it personal!

#268 blahblehblah, Nov 18, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2020
    joshuaao likes this.
  9. NateNate

NateNate Member

We definitely know he’s a business man first! But I get the point of the post.

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

While Stone is playing with himself in the draft and re-signing Gerald Green, Morey is re-imaging the 76ers.

11. icewill36

icewill36 Member

AD is younger. james will NOT get as much.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Daryl Morey: Ben Simmons, Joel Embiid 'Going To Be Here For Long Time'

The Philadelphia 76ers are attempting to surround Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid with shooters after a series of trades on draft day.

Daryl Morey traded Al Horford to the Oklahoma City Thunder for Danny Green and then turned Josh Richardson into Seth Curry.

“When Joel and Ben have had that, it’s actually insane how good those lineups and how good those teams played,” Morey said. “That was the theme for tonight. Getting Seth, you can argue he’s the best shooter in the NBA.”

Morey said Simmons and Embiid “are going to be here for a long time.”

While there have been rumors of a potential trade of Simmons for James Harden, reports have indicated that Morey prefers to make a pairing of Simmons and Embiid work before considering a trade.

D-rock and Vivi like this.
  13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Kiss of death. They'll be gone by Xmas. LOL.

mikol13 and clos4life like this.
  14. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

We would of been angry with him at Clutchfans for trading away another FRP to get rid of a contract and an SRP to move a good defender and offensive player for just a shooter. Funny how things works.

Still love Morey and miss him. Hopefully Stone will be a good GM.

D-rock and joshuaao like this.
  15. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

AD was also injury prone and not locked up in a contract, and and inferior player (not by much)
    AD return should be the standard, nothing less.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Once again...Stone will not be good or bad. He will simply do what Tilman tells him to do. That's how it was for Morey, you think some rookie GM is going to be different?

clos4life likes this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Bill Simmons: Kyrie Irving To Miami In Three-Way Trade Was Brief Draft Night Rumor

With James Harden attempting to orchestrate a trade to the Brooklyn Nets to play with Kevin Durant, there was a rumor of a potential three-way trade involving the Houston Rockets with Kyrie Irving going to the Miami Heat.

"There was a rumor, not true, or if it was true it maybe lasted a second that they were trying to figure out a three-way deal with Kyrie ending up in Miami," said Bill Simmons on The Ryen Russillo Podcast. "Which I refuse to believe."

Irving and Kevin Durant have yet to play a game together.

"I don't think that will happen. I think Harden is going to end up going to Philly, if I had to bet."

Simmons adds he expects both Harden and Russell Westbrook to be traded within the next few days.

"I didn't fully believe it until the Horford trade today that secretly saved Philly a lot of money. With however much you have to add with whatever that Harden trade is. I think we all agree the Harden, Ben Simmons trade, whatever looks like, is the most logical trade. If Houston is going to trade Harden, they have to get someone like Ben Simmons back or it's not worth it."

Kevin O'Connor interjected that there has been speculation that Tillman Fertitta wouldn't trade Harden to Daryl Morey, but that position could be a negotiating tactic.

Bill Simmons reading LegionHoops :D

D-rock likes this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

that trade would be garbage for us...these idiots need to stop with these trash ideas

if the trade starts with the name Caris Levert, then gtfoh, it’s not happening

D-rock and treyk3 like this.
  19. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

lol it hasn’t in 3 years what makes him and others think it will work now? The man doesn’t even have 12-15 ft jump shot. Really has anyone watched him play offense? If moreys vision is to keep them then he probably is thinking about 3rd star. It’s always problematic though when your pt guard/forward can’t score. It’s amazing how he scores though with cuts and elbow backdowns etc. we saw how Pat Bev with his limited offensive game hurt us in those several years he started alongside James.

20. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Really don’t get the ben simmons hype. I said before he can play defense, great passer, great in open court and great creator. But the man just can’t score when need be so he is a glorified 2009 Rondo when rondo couldn’t shoot 3s. This would be problematic to pay a player a max contract who can’t score. So what good is he? No one is going to double team him. Theres no zone traps against him since he is not a threat. At least Levert and Dinwiddie can score the ball. Look I don’t fully like the Nets deal either but it gives us a more balanced team that we can surround a star with. Unfortunately i think people including GMs are hopeful simmons can develop some offensive game but at this point in your career can you really be that much better other than an improved 3 pt shot. I suppose we are speaking in hypotheticals here when dealing with simmons. Just not big on the guy.

#280 Stephen_A, Nov 19, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2020