1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Occupy Clutchfans] Tilman Boycott

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigggReddd, Nov 17, 2020.

1. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I'm no fan of til til , but might as well wait until FA to hammer in the final nail

2. Put You On Game

We're about to enter some dark times

D-rock likes this.
  3. pass_to_Hakeem

About to be a Dark Winter

D-rock likes this.
  4. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

2020 has been an absolute disaster for Houston Sports. Lost Morey, Hinch, Luhnow, about to lose Springer, about to trade our NBA stars for a pile of crap and LTS, already traded Hopkins for a pile of crap, **** 2020, **** COVID, and **** Tillman.

5. shwinn23

shwinn23 Contributing Member

Protest outside the post oak hotel?

make a few signs (“sell the team”, etc), set up a nice tailgate. Maybe a comfy chair, grill a cpl ribeyes and crack some cold beers.

weather looks good rest of the week.

who’s with me?

UTSA2step, D-rock, Jontro and 6 others like this.
  6. bushies

bushies Member

I agree. A coordinated boycott is a drop in the bucket of his overall revenue, and while it makes us feel like we're doing something, it historically has never forced the sale of a franchise. See Dolan and Reinsdorf.

If our attendance is any indication, there just isn't enough passion to muster up en masse to drive him out. I hate how he can do transparently penny pench because he's very publicly in the red, and drive down his franchise value, along with fan interest. But us hoping as diehards that the league would step in to protect its product is stupid; it took a massive scandal for someone as egregious as Sterling to be pushed out after an age of incompetence.

What can we do? He's active on social media, and we can try to publicly shame him in coordinated fashion for his objective incompetence. Maybe pressuring media heads online to mock him on the likes of ESPN? As an egomaniac, he clearly cares about his reputation. (For the life of me, I have no idea why @clutchfans appears to play a sycophant and hasn't come down super hard on him. Just today, he's giving him credit for spending money to get rid of Ariza. Is your access really that precious, Dave?)

At the same time, dude straight up has very questionable mafia ties. Dunno how we could leverage that. Some good old fashioned investigative reporting to dig up skeletons? Ok, that's a stretch... but I'm seriously at wit's end.
    It is so frustrating and feels so hopeless as a fan. I hope the league office realizes how toxic he is for them. I think we're in for a decade plus of dark, Knicks-esque basketball.

UTSA2step, Communist and Jontro like this.
  7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I'm down. What's up?

UTSA2step likes this.
  8. macan

macan Member

i'm gonna root for Rockets to lose every single game from now on, just so Tilman may get mad and sell the team eventually..

Jontro likes this.
  9. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Well just in case that he does go down in Sterling fashion, I should disclaimer that I meant it as that is the most likely way he could be removed in a short period of time, I in no way advocate Clutchfans procure the services of out of work employees of Houston area entertainment establishments to assist in any fan driven exit plan for Mr. Fertitta, nor will I participate in any such plan. Any such occurrence would be purely coincidental. :D

UTSA2step and Jontro like this.
  10. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

I would boycott his restaurants but I don't think he'd notice because I hate all of his shitty overpriced restaurants anyway.

UTSA2step, Der Rabbi, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  11. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

This man has alienated pretty much the entire Rockets fanbase in less than 3 years. That’s gotta be some sort of ownership record, right?

UTSA2step, D-rock, topfive and 4 others like this.
  12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I’ll happily follow the NBA as a whole. My interest in the Rockets has plummeted. I know we will never compete again, so what’s the point?

Jontro and dreamshakin like this.
  13. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

My disappointment is immeasurable. And my fandom is ruined.

UTSA2step, D-rock and Jontro like this.
  14. Gabe0941

Gabe0941 Member

For every rockets fan boycotting, there's hundreds of non-rockets fans that enjoy his mediocre restaurants.

D-rock and Jontro like this.
  15. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

This is a world with cancel culture. Rockets fans make up a small minority of people who visit Houston restaurants and hotels. Ellen was cancelled because we found out how she was fake and how she treated her employees. Something tells me Tilman is the same. Use this to get the masses to follow, because the masses could care less that he is a bad NBA team owner because they can not relate. They can relate to a toxic work environment and an abuse of power, which seems apparent here.

D-rock, Communist and Jontro like this.
  16. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

welp...

if Tilly does fully drive the franchise into the ground - maybe i could finally walk away after nearly 40 years and get off this merry go round of the damned... lol!

The game has changed, the league has changed, all the evidence of rigging, superstar divas, etc... idk...

If Tilman is gonna be meddlesome and just gonna run the org financially like Donald Sterling ran the Clippers...

maybe its time...

guess we'll see how things play out... if we go scorched earth or what... lol

tinman, Red.Glare, Jontro and 2 others like this.
  17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

The Houston Rockets are valued at 2.475 Billion dollars. There’s 18,023 seats in the arena. So if we find 18,023 fans that love the Rockets enough, we can each put in $137,348 dollars a piece and buy our Rockets!

Anyone see a problem?

D-rock, Roomba, Jontro and 1 other person like this.
  18. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

yea. ferntits ain't gonna sell unless he's forced to.

19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Just asking for a friend but do you have 137k lying around with nothing to do?

D-rock likes this.
  20. topfive

topfive CF OG

I'm in.

Checking under the couch cushions for disposable income now.

don grahamleone, D-rock and Jontro like this.